1) Tell us a little bit about what you do in your current job.
I work as an in-house developer at We Got Coders, building the CRM system.
2) Why did you decide to to attend your program?
I liked that the groups are small which means I could get more face-time with the tutor and even more importantly they were the only course provider offering a paid mentorship phase after the course.
3) What challenges did you overcome to get to where you are?
I had my ups and downs like everyone else, the breadth of the syllabus is enormous, you don't have much time to absorb everything completely as new concepts are being taught at lightning speed. I've been asking questions a lot, read and studied about things on the train and at home where my knowledge was a bit hazy.
4) What plans/dreams do you have for the next 5 years?
In about two years time I would like to be on a solid mid-level, fluent in coding on my own, in 5 years time I'd like to reach a senior level and to help many startups and bigger companies build great apps and websites. Would also like to help with mentoring some youngsters at that stage.
5) Any advice for students looking to join a learning program like a bootcamp?
The bootcamps are the tools to get you where you want to be faster but it is still you who need to put in the hours, dedication and motivation.
6) What motivates you in your career?
The lifelong-learning aspect, career opportunities, the applicability of the knowledge to many fields, it's challenging enough for my drive.
7) Do you see bootcamps replacing college for parts of the population?
Definitely, the cracks in the present educational system are getting too big to ignore.
8) What were the people and culture like at your program?
A very interesting mix of backgrounds, we worked hard almost non-stop in a small group so at the end of 3 months we get to know each other quite well, we know each other's strengths and weaknesses so we help each other when we can.
9) Any advice for recent graduates looking for a job?
Develop a habit of being proactive and setting goals for yourself, don't just go with the flow.
Online, Portland, Seattle
Full-Stack Web Development, ..
Berkeley, Chicago, Dallas,..
Front-End Development, HTML/..
Boston, NYC, Online, San..
Bootcamp Prep, Introductory ..