Mobile Makers Edu - CLOSED

About Mobile Makers Edu

Please note: This school is closed and is no longer accepting students. The SwitchUp team no longer monitors this page for updates, but historical information is available for reference.

TEACHER TRAINING + CURRICULUM + SUPPORT for mobile app development... Read More

MobileMakersEdu is a complete solution for high schools to bring the most relevant coding instruction to students, even if you don't have a teacher in place.

MobileMakersEdu uses educational specialists and iOS experts to train and support high school teachers from any discipline on the technology, industry, and pedagogy needed to teach mobile development classes. Through authentic, project-based learning experiences, students create mobile apps and develop skills necessary for both college and the workplace.
student

Mobile Makers Edu Reviews

Overall

3.88/5

10/26/2019
  • Anitha
  • Android Developer
  • Graduated: 2019

"Programming for data and science and python"

Provide useful, constructive feedback.
Talk about a range of elements, including customer service.
Be detailed, specific, and honest.
Leave out links and personal information.
Keep it civil and friendly.
Feel free to update your review if needed.
Check you've... Read More

3/21/2016
  • Graduated: 2016

""Bounteous mother" -- MM Uses Over-inflated Puffery Designed to Take Your Money"

Here is some essential info about Mobile Makers (MM) based on my 8-week training experience and results and "care" following the program.

In short, Mobile Makers are operating a for-profit, job vocational training company---not really any different than... Read More

This demonstrates a lot: they use the word, "alma mater" to refer to their graduates. In my opinion, using the words "alma mater" in the context of Mobile Makers Academy is an example of being SIGNIFICANTLY out of touch ---with both tech and education.

In essence, using these words is marketing bulls*it. For sure, even the best, world-renowned, educational universities have a hard time effectively delivering the meaning of this.

For MM, this seems way beyond pompous and ridiculous. MM is operating in a couple of rented office building, has a few employees, and low-cost online version?

Given that the definition of "alma mater" is a school, college, or university that one once attended. I guess MM is considering MM is considering itself a "school."
(Academy). All this gets even worse when you consider mid 17th century meaning, in the general sense ‘someone or something providing nourishment. In Latin, literally ‘bounteous mother.

Given that MM provides very little, if any real nourishment, the words also don't really apply.

For sure, I don't consider either of the few instructors or management of MM (or any if the other 10+ people working at MM) as my "bounteous mother." Perhaps, if you want to put the word "fu*ker" after "bounteous mother," as in "bounteous "fu*ker-mother" then maybe I would buy the use of "alma mater" in MM"s official marketing communications.

You will leave with a lot less cash in your bank account and likely no job. Mobile Makers is designed to have trainees pay for training, so that a few can be placed at the companies founder's company. In other words, it paid (by the trainee) recruiting channel for a few people. The rest will not have a job and the organization does not care about you or your career.

The job placement is HORRENDOUS and full of puffery BS. I would definitely AVOID this program at all costs.

7/7/2015
  • Husein Kareem
  • Graduated: 2015

"Best decision of my life!"

If you come here with a desire and passion to learn you will succeed! The 2 months flew by really fast but boy did I learn A LOT! The curriculum is set so that you get a good understanding of all the fundamentals of building an iOS app. A lot of it will... Read More

7/7/2015
  • Wade Sellers
  • Graduated: 2014

"The greatest experience I've had in my professional life to date."

Bar none: If you work hard, you will leave the school 8-weeks later, prepared, confident, and hirable!

Becoming a developer is difficult so leveraging the power of a school's resources can really help propel you through the learning curve of learning... Read More

Mobile Makers will provide you a space to make mistakes, ask endless questions, and team up with those are just as motivated as you to succeed in your new career field path.

I am now the lead mobile developer at a newer Denver Tech Startup and love life everyday. I went to Mobile Makers with little to no experience, took the program very serious, worked extremely hard and came out with the skills and confidence to make my mark on this exciting ever-growing industry. You can too!

7/2/2015
  • Jen Kelley
  • Graduated: 2015

"Exceeded Expectations"

I knew I wanted to learn to code, but I had no idea how to start doing it. I started Mobile Makers with zero coding experience and graduated with two job offers within a week of graduating.

Mobile Makers will teach you how to build an iOS app. It will... Read More

This is where Mobile Makers shines. It's up to you to impress these people. They have spent the past two months offering lots of help (even giving a starter resume) and knowledge to you, and now it's your time to take control of your destiny and decide what you want to do.

In order to be super successful in Mobile Makers, you have to be willing to ask questions, put in extra time, and be a fast learner. I'm not going to lie, if you have no social skills and have never had a job before, you probably won't get a job right out of Mobile Makers.

However if you can interact with other people (a lot of companies look for someone who can communicate effectively) and can learn new things, you'll be in an excellent position to be hired after completing Mobile Makers.

Because it's very true that Mobile Devs are in high demand right now.

7/2/2015
  • Meredith Elise
  • Graduated: 2014

"Mobile Makers Academy was the best decision I've ever made."

I entered MMA with no prior coding experience and was instantly thrown into the depths. This works if you work it! The instruction I received and the support I continue to receive from the staff is outstanding! I found a job at a startup within two weeks... Read More

3/13/2015
  • iOS Bootcamp - San Francisco
  • Graduated: 2014

"HORRIBLE. Do not attend this horrible bootcamp."

They do not help you find a job. They basically lie about everything on their curriculum. They tell you that they will send out the "Grad Packs" to recruiters. Yeah that is complete and utter bullshit.

8/11/2014
  • John Andrews | Mobile Developer at Mobiquity
  • Graduated: 2013

"Mobile Makers made me a developer"

MM gets 90% of the credit of me becoming a mobile developer. I learn best when I am fully immersed in a topic and MM allowed me to completely focus on learning iOS development for 8 weeks. I could not have done it on my own. Their structure, immersion,... Read More

I think the key to getting the mot out of Mobile Makers is to never leave. I mean attend class and then keep coding. You have 24/7 access to the facility and there will be hungry students there after hours. Also, write your questions down and ask them. While working on an assignment, its very easy to come across something you don’t understand and try to “store that away to ask later”. I’d advise to write the question at that moment so you don’t forget it.

After the program, you still have a lot to learn. I do not think I was at the level I could support myself as a freelancer.

Mobile Makers Edu's average rating is 3.88 out of 5.0 based on 8 review(s).