Propulsion Academy

Courses: Blockchain, Data Science, Data Science Bootcamp Part-Time, Full-Stack Boot Camp Part-Time, Full-Stack Development, Machine Learning, Python Programming

Online, Munich, Zurich

About Propulsion Academy

Propulsion Academy offers 12-week full-time bootcamps in Full-Stack Software Development and Data Science in Zurich, Switzerland.

The Full-Stack Software Development covers JavaScript, React.js, Docker, Python, Django, and more while the Data Science... Read More

Propulsion Academy's career services team coaches students and aims to match graduates with potential employers. Propulsion Academy graduates have been hired by companies like eBay, Novartis, Swiss International Airlines, AvaWomen, Swisscom ... as well as many well-known startups in Switzerland.

Blockchain

• Cost: 1,600
Locations: Online

The blockchain is here to stay and you need to know how it all works. In this online course, you will gain an in-depth practical understanding of the blockchain and the increasingly important cryptocurrencies Bitcoin and Ethereum.

Subjects: Cryptography & Digital Money, Bitcoin I & II, Bitcoin Transactions I & II, Blockchain: Proof of work, Bitcoin forks and network, Segregated Witness, Ethereum: Wallets, Accounts and Addresses & Development toolchain, smart contracts I & II

Remote - CHF 1,600

Subjects: Blockchain, Ethereum Network, Cryptography

Data Science

• Cost: 11,700 - 12,700
Locations: Online, Munich, Zurich

Data Science bootcamp covers R, Python, Machine Learning, and Natural Language Processing.

Students will participate in an immersive, practical, and hands-on experience.

Zürich - CHF 12’700
Munich - 11’800 Euro
Remote - CHF 11’700

Subjects: Python, Machine Learning, R Programming, Data Science

Data Science Bootcamp Part-Time

• Cost: 14,200
Locations: Online

The latest tools in the world of data science that the job market demands. This is what makes our Data Science Bootcamp so innovative and what enables you to take the next step in your career.

Subjects: data science toolkit, data visualization, statistics and experiment planning, machine learning, deep learning, language processing, final project

Remote - CHF 14,200

Subjects: Machine Learning, Data Visualization, Data Science, Statistics & Probability

Full-Stack Boot Camp Part-Time

• Cost: 12,900
Locations: Online

Learn all the relevant tools and technologies that you need as a full-stack software developer in 22 weeks.

Subjects: JavaScript, HTML and CSS, React and State Management with Redux, Frontend Project, Python and Databases, Backend Management, Backend Project, Deployment, Final Project

Remote - CHF 12,900

Subjects: CSS, HTML, Python, Redux, React.js, JavaScript, Back-End Web Development, Front-End Web Development

Full-Stack Development

• Cost: 10,400 - 11,400
Locations: Online, Munich, Zurich

The Full-Stack Software Development covers JavaScript, React.js, Docker, Python, Django, and more.

Students will participate in an immersive, practical, and hands-on experience.

Zürich - CHF 11’400
Munich - 10’500 Euro
Remote - CHF 10’400

Subjects: Docker, Python, React.js, Django, JavaScript

Machine Learning

• Cost: 1,600
Locations: Online

As one of the fundamental building blocks of data science, AI methods are actively used in various industries. In this online course you will get an in-depth and practical understanding from the basics to an advanced level.

Subjects: end-to-end pipelines for machine learning, classification models and dimensionality reduction, Unsupervised learning and ensemble models, model explainability and selection, test tracking and post-production monitoring, independent project

Remote - CHF 1,600

Subjects: Machine Learning

Python Programming

• Cost: 1,800
Locations: Online

This course will start with an introduction to Python and end with object oriented fundamentals. Along with fundamentals you will learn about Python data structures, automatically scraping data from the web, working with APIs (Google Maps, Twitter), create your own APIs using Flask, use Python with databases, and last but not least use python for generating automated reports. The course will end with a mini-project on the topic of your choice.

Tuition: CHF 1’800

9/14/2020
  • Sebastian Mattmuller
  • Graduated: 2018

"Amazing experience!"

I completed the Data Science bootcamp, a three month intensive course which topic ranges from basic coding to more advanced machine learning methods. Coming from a different field and wanting to change my career path, Propulsion proved to be an important... Read More

9/11/2020
  • Cassandra | Data Scientist
  • Graduated: 2019

"Best Investment I've ever made"

Propulsion Academy gave me the confidence I needed to venture into the world of data. The course content is very structures and up to date with the current technology. The instructor's 'no-bullshit' attitude really helped me realise what my strengths... Read More

9/6/2020
  • Karine Peltier | Business Analyst / Project Manager

"Would do it again!"

Joining Propulsion Academy has been a major milestone in my continuous education journey. In only 3 months, I have gained first-hand experience in front-end and back-end, as well as the major technologies and trends in the IT sector.

Propulsion Academy... Read More

Bootcamp at Propulsion Academy is a unique experience. You will experience a rapid learning curve, from the beginning of your application to the presentation of your final group project. You can count on the helping hand and patience of your teachers, teaching assistants and the rest of your classmates. In a friendly and fast-paced environment, you will cover a wide array of topics and subjects, building up your portfolio and strengthening your skills as a developer. The setting of the bootcamp fosters focus, discipline and mutual help, which I would have had a hard time finding on my own through self-teaching.

Last, Propulsion Academy is a growing start-up with a “big family” atmosphere, taking into account individual feedback from each of their students. The covid-19 pandemic rapidly evolved during my bootcamp. The team at Propulsion Academy has been fantastic before and during the confinement, making sure the students of our batch were having a successful experience, as any other previous batch.

To anyone thinking about joining Propulsion Academy, feel free to reach out: this is the first step to a major milestone in your career.

8/27/2020
  • Cedric Delacombaz | Software Developer
  • Graduated: 2019

"Successful career change - no prior experience needed"

With no previous experience, I wanted to start programming to change my career path, as I needed something more exciting and also allowing me to be creative. Before that I was an accountant.

I then joined and completed the Full-Stack bootcamp in April... Read More

During the bootcamp I sometimes felt overwhelmed by everything that had to be learned. But this was actually necessary to get the big picture and in retrospective, it was done really well.

I enjoyed the atmosphere during the bootcamp, staying late and coding away with some other hard-working students and playing lots of ping-pong to free my mind.

Education wise, these were the hardest, but also most rewarding 3 months of my life. If you want to become a developer, this bootcamp is a great way to do it.

8/26/2020

"One of the best"

3 month to work on a lot of different stack, the program is pretty intense. Hopefully the team is here to help you ! At the end, we know a lot of tech and we feel confident enough to work on ambitious missions/apps/websites. One important thing is that... Read More

8/25/2020
  • Anonymous | Junior Data Analyst
  • Graduated: 2020

"Excellent curriculum from experts in the field"

I did quite a bit research before investing in this option for my career change. My main focus was on the return on investment. There are many ways you can measure the value of a bootcamp. Can you learn what they teach for cheaper? yes. Can you learn... Read More

4/1/2020
  • Ria
  • Graduated: 2019

"Boosting Data Science Skills"

First of all, a big thank you to the whole Propulsion Academy team, as they made me better every day. Coming from another working area, I even found a data science job during the time of the bootcamp!!

It's a perfect program for data science starters,... Read More

Contacts remain for a lifetime and I enjoy every time visiting new classes.

3/22/2020
  • Juliet Bowater
  • Graduated: 2019

"Staff invested in your success"

When I was applying for bootcamps, I was interested in finding something that would have a high calbre of teaching and cover the groundwork in statistics and data analysis rather than just jumping straight into machine learning magic. I applied for Propulsion... Read More

The Propulsion staff are really outstanding. Nitin, who was at the time managing the course and teaching a fair section of the curriculum, is extremely knowledgable and an excellent teacher. The TAs that we had at the time were patient and helpful, striking the right balance between allowing students to solve problems on their own and not leaving people to get frustrated for too long.

The staff are very well-connected to the community in Zürich, which means that they have an ear to the ground with upcoming jobs. They are invested in your success, and pull out all the stops in helping you find positions.

I learned a huge amount in the 3 months, especially from the project phase. Propulsion finds students interesting projects from local companies, so we were able to work on real-life problems and meet people from local industries.

Since graduating from the course, I have been working as a data scientist for a local start-up. Propulsion provided the ground-work that I needed to get started in this industry, so that I had a starting point to learn and grow on-the-job.

Absolutely no regrets in taking this course. I would say, the more effort you put into Python and statistics before you arrive, the more you will get out of it. There is a huge amount to learn, and having the basics in place means that you can concentrate more easily on the higher level concepts.

3/21/2020
  • Graziana Mignone
  • Graduated: 2019

"It exceeded my expectations"

After looking carefully for valuable courses in Europe and Switzerland that would have allowed me to get hands-on experience in the Data Science field, I decided to leave my country and my job and come to Zurich to attend the Bootcamp at Propulsion Academy.... Read More

3/13/2020
  • Pedro Edo

"Totally worth it!"

I attended the Full-stack programme at Propulsion from September to end of November 2019. Got a full time job as Software Developer in mid-December. The course is challenging as it is REALLY fast-paced. I had some coding experience before the bootcamp... Read More

Propulsion Academy's average rating is 4.96 out of 5.0 based on 75 review(s).