SecureSet Academy

Courses: CORE Cybersecurity Engineering Program, HUNT Cybersecurity Analytics Program, PATH Part-time Cybersecurity Program, PREP Cybersecurity Workshop

Denver, Colorado Springs

About SecureSet Academy

SecureSet Academy brings the bootcamp model to cybersecurity education with comprehensive, skills-focused programs for launching a security career. Launched in 2014, SecureSet was the first cybersecurity immersive program of its kind and is committed... Read More

SecureSet partners closely with top security employers to provide the skilled talent the industry is searching for. The path to launching a highly rewarding security career can take 5-10 years; SecureSet teaches you the skills you need in less than a year.

As part of WeWork, we are a sister school to Flatiron School. Together we are working to expand our in-person and online programs across the country, and the world, and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.

CORE Cybersecurity Engineering Program

• Cost: $19,950
Locations: Denver, Colorado Springs

The CORE Program is your direct path to a technical cybersecurity career. This 800-hour immersive, full-time curriculum provides ample hands-on experience and includes twelve foundational courses that explore network fundamentals, system security, and threat intelligence.

This program is highly technical in nature. A natural interest in programming and/or networks is recommended.

The move from IT to a technical cybersecurity position can take five to to ten years. The CORE program will get you there in 20 weeks.

HUNT Cybersecurity Analytics Program

• Cost: $11,950
Locations: Colorado Springs, Denver

The HUNT program is your direct path to an analytical cybersecurity career. This 480-hour immersive, full-time curriculum includes eight foundational courses that deep-dive on concepts related to threat intelligence, data visualization and interpretation, as well as threat and adversary hunting.

More analytical than our CORE program, a natural interest in research, problem solving, and a clever mind are recommended.

The natural progression from general IT to cybersecurity analyst can take three to seven years. The HUNT program does it in 12 weeks.

PATH Part-time Cybersecurity Program

• Cost: $15,950
Locations: Denver, Colorado Springs

The PATH program is a part-time cybersecurity skills and theory education program that allows you to choose between two possible paths of curriculum: engineering or analytics. Whether you want to track down threats with analytics, or hack networks through engineering, this program has a path that fits your cybersecurity career goals.

Due to the open-choice style of this curriculum, this program is equally recommended for those with technical and analytical backgrounds.

Our PATH evening program gets you mission ready in 36 weeks.

Subjects: Cyber Security

PREP Cybersecurity Workshop

• Cost: $999
Locations: Colorado Springs, Denver

This workshop is the ultimate preparation for individuals looking to take any of our immersive programs and launch their career in the field of cybersecurity. This six-week evening class will give you the introduction to Systems, Networking and Python that you need to be a rockstar in our programs. Passing this workshop guarantees admittance to one of our programs, with the ability to deduct the cost of this workshop from your program tuition.

Course Instructors: Cybersecurity has multiple domains. SecureSet employs a range of experts who can relate their expertise to the broader field. The result is a comprehensive, state-of-the-art and fully integrated curriculum.

Course Grading This workshop will assess the student’s skill development across subject areas via quizzes and labs. The successful student will score 80% or better for entrance into the CORE Technical program. For entrance into the HUNT Analyst program, the successful student will score 60% or better.

Prerequisites This workshop is for individuals with a high level of interest in cybersecurity but a lack of experience in base-level technical skills. If you are technically inclined and have the desire to put in the work, you can be successful in this class.

Optional Resources
We have external study materials available on request for all subject areas of this workshop.
Academy technical and career counseling staff are available to discuss the cybersecurity industry and your background and objectives in further detail on a one-on-one basis.

SecureSet Academy Reviews

Overall

4.62/5

9/20/2019
  • Grant

"Highly Recommended"

I would wholeheartedly recommend SecureSet to anyone looking to get into the security field. SecureSet puts it all together. It's intensive... and worth it. The instructors were excellent and had extensive real world experience. They challenge you. Once... Read More

7/26/2019
  • Shannon Boyles | Cybersecurity Associate
  • Graduated: 2018

"Best decision I've made by attending SecureSet Academy"

I am a recent graduate of SecureSet's HUNT cybersecurity program. I attended the PREP program July 2018, started the Hunt program in Sept 2018, and graduated in December 2018.

I absolutely loved my experience and would encourage anyone interested in this... Read More

The best part about my experience at SecureSet is the guidance and help from a gem of a Career Services Manager, Scott Bowman, at the Denver campus. Not only does Scott work tirelessly to set up lunch & learns for students while in their respective programs, but he hustles to network all of the alumni and constantly is posting positions on SecureSet's internal job board, "The Wire." Scott also communicates on all bat channels including on our alumni Slack channel, LinkedIn, email and text. I have never in my life seen anyone in a role like his, work so hard to see students succeed. I have received messages from him on the weekends and late at night. He truly cares and it shows. The fact that Scott can make each and every alumni feel so supported and cared for, speaks to his passion, character and integrity. I can not say enough good things about Scott Bowman and the staff at SecureSet Academy.

If anything, I look at my time at SecureSet and have such a sense of accomplishment and am proud of myself. I had no technical background but a relentless passion for technology and continuous learning.

I tell everyone, if I can make it through SecureSet, anyone can.

7/19/2019
  • Anonymous | Security Engineer

"Hands on training."

I went to SecureSet with no prior “traditional” IT experience and came out with a job as an entry level Security Engineer. I wouldn’t have been able to make a jump like that without SecureSet. The best part of the whole program was the career services... Read More

7/19/2019

"Career Services Excellence"

Hi,

The Career Services at Secure|Set Academy Colorado Springs are extremely valuable. Ms. Kimberly Hessler does an amazing job!

7/18/2019
  • Jeff
  • Graduated: 2018

"One Year Later: One Of The Worst Decisions I Have Made"

I attended the HUNT program just over a year ago. I am not going to give you the individual gripes that I personally have, as I do not believe that helps anyone. Instead here are the pros and cons:
Pros:
If you are a veteran, you will be decently taken... Read More

Career Services was decent (Though connecting you with employers only does so much when you are taught nothing useful)
Most of the staff was nice.

Cons:
The "hands on" labs are a complete lie. The 3 or 4 that existed didn’t work half the time, and when they did they would be completed in about 10 minutes.
70% of what you learn is pretty useless in the industry.

Lot's of paper-writing on topics that have little to no market-value.
100% of everything that is being taught can be learned on your own, or through other avenues in a much cheaper way.

Despite the numerous (questionable) 5-star reviews, this place has a pretty abysmal reputation in the industry. They are known for churning out multiple litters of students who lack any sort of practical knowledge and are pretty much a blank slate in terms of actual skills.

If you pay with a loan from Skillsfund (or whatever it’s called now) you will be paying about $400 a month, when the only jobs you can get pay about $19 an hour if you are lucky.

I could go on and on, but my goal with this is not to whine about my poor decisions, it is to stop people from making the same ones I did. Do not attend SecureSet. Just don’t.

Official Response from SecureSet Academy

Hi Jeff, we're very sorry to hear that your educational experience and subsequent job placement did not meet your expectations. We are always working to improve our education and student experience, and we appreciate the honest feedback. If you have some... Read More

7/9/2019
  • Jack Adkins | SOC Analyst
  • Graduated: 2019

"SecureSet Hunt Analyst program Prepped Me Beyond Expectations"

I just wanted to pass along a short note of gratitude to SecureSet at large, especially Matt, Ajay and the rest of the instructors there. I’m only in my first week of working as a SOC analyst at InteliSecure but it evident to me that my SecureSet training... Read More

6/28/2019
  • Scott Mc

"Go SecureSet Go !!"

Like ALL boot camps, SecureSet is young, has its’ challenges, and has plenty of room for growth. Environments are never the same and students come from backgrounds that vary widely within the IT world. I participated in the HUNT group, spring of 2019.... Read More

6/27/2019
  • Joshua Weathers | vSOC Analyst with deepwatch

"One for One"

We had a saying, light hearted and somewhat true while we were attending the CORE program down in Tampa. Welcome to SecureSet, where the labs don't work and the grades don't matter (For your whose line fans). It plays at a core principal of the program,... Read More

If you have worked in IT, you might know this already but nothing works 100% all the time. Taking the role of an IT technician means that you are committing yourself to a field that rewards technical proficiancy with time and perhaps even cash savings. You are the name brand of yourself and whom you represent.

That being said, if you engage this school from another career field, I have some news for you. You CAN make it, IF you put in the work necessary to learn and put in the time and effort. There is no silver bullet for a high paying role unless you have the silver tongue to go with it. If you attend this school and put in the minimal effort, it WILL be apparent when you start the interviewing process.

If you attend SecureSet fresh from another role already in IT, I have some great news! You will learn so much here, you will have the professional capability of asking deeper questions to the actively working Security professionals that are also your professors. You will be able to get a lot more out of the program than someone fresh off the street. Just like before however, it WILL require your dedication to come out on top.

Hence the title, one for one. You will get exactly what you put in. That means if you wait til the last week of class to make your resume, you will suffer. If you wait til the last week just to say you made it through, you will not see a return on this course, you have essentially wasted your money.

I walked into every security business asking for a job with an Associate of ISC2 for passing CISSP, and loads of certifications and was NOT able to get a job. I was able to understand the core concepts but none was willing to give me a chance. I worked for the last 6 months with a goal of jumping into the security industry and I have done just that with SecureSet. If you go this direction and you are committed, there is no better option. Work your butt off and godspeed.

3/21/2019
  • Zach | Information Systems Security Engineer

"Great Experence!"

I recently completed the CORE program at the Colorado Springs Campus. Prior to starting this course my cyber security background was very limited. First and foremost, if you decide to take part in this program know that this is not a part time endeavor,... Read More

Our cohort was primarily made up of veterans with varying levels of experience in cybersecurity. I cannot stress how instrumental the entire cohort is to your overall success. I am extremely grateful to all my team members for the help throughout the course. A typical week would consist of classes Monday through Friday 8:30 to 4:30 with a couple of hours of home study and at least half a day on Saturday to complete all course work.

If you are looking to just get a certification then this is probably not the place for you. The material that you cover, and some self-study will prepare you for the certification tests but that is not the purpose of this program. That said, after this course there is no reason you will not be ready for Sec+. I know from experience their focus on hands application of the book knowledge you gain is the preferred method. Prior to attending SecureSet I took a bootcamp for NET+ and passed the test, however when the networking classes started, I quickly understood the difference between knowing a book answer and applying that knowledge within an actual network.

In addition to the cyber knowledge gained the career counselor work tirelessly to set up opportunities to network with industry leaders, practice interviewing, and polish my resume. These opportunities undoubtedly ensured my success in finding employment post SecureSet.

The campus staff and instructors were all highly qualified and take a keen interest in your success. I had to reach out to instructors several times after hours and was never left without answers. If you are willing to put in the time and effort it will undoubtedly be matched by the efforts of the cadre.

If you are looking to gain a solid foundation for a career in cyber then you should absolutely consider this program.

3/15/2019
  • Chris | Threat Analyst
  • Graduated: 2018

"From Restaurant Manager to Threat Analyst in 4 months."

I put a lot of work into the original blog I was going to post, unfortunately I never saved it or something.But I'll keep this short and simple since the important thing is that like everything, you get out of it what you put in.

Take Scott Bowman's advice.... Read More

Matt, Alan, JC are extremely technical and know what they are talking about. And additionally they have great personalities that make going to class for 10 weeks, 8 hours a day bearable, and typical enjoyable.

The support staff and admin are extremely friendly and I only regret not having the opportunity to interact with them more.

This was a hail-mary for me. I was working a sub 30k salary job at a restaurant with no benefits, and was stuck. I had managed to have family give me the money to survive while I took 3 months off and partook in this cohort. I graduated with 4 or 5 interviews happening the last couple of weeks of the classes. I graduated the 20th of December started a new job with Comcast through Brooksource on Jan 1st. and by the end of January, Carbon Black offered me a position, making over twice I was before. In one year I would have been able to pay off a loan if I had took one out. My 4 closest friends I made there, 3 months after the program, 3 of them have jobs, and one was kind of thrown around by a single interview process. They were all fun to be around and I have no doubt I'll be seeing them regularly for the rest of my life.

This program is worth it if you want to get your foot in the door of cyber security. And I know that companies look at SecureSet to find qualified individuals. If you can and want, do it.

SecureSet Academy's average rating is 4.62 out of 5.0 based on 66 review(s).