SecureSet Academy

Courses: CORE Cybersecurity Engineering Program, HUNT Cybersecurity Analytics Program, PATH Part-time Cybersecurity Program, PREP Cybersecurity Workshop

Denver, Colorado Springs

About SecureSet Academy

SecureSet Academy brings the bootcamp model to cybersecurity education with comprehensive, skills-focused programs for launching a security career. Launched in 2014, SecureSet was the first cybersecurity immersive program of its kind and is committed... Read More

SecureSet partners closely with top security employers to provide the skilled talent the industry is searching for. The path to launching a highly rewarding security career can take 5-10 years; SecureSet teaches you the skills you need in less than a year.

As part of WeWork, we are a sister school to Flatiron School. Together we are working to expand our in-person and online programs across the country, and the world, and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.

CORE Cybersecurity Engineering Program

• Cost: $19,950
Locations: Denver, Colorado Springs

The CORE Program is your direct path to a technical cybersecurity career. This 800-hour immersive, full-time curriculum provides ample hands-on experience and includes twelve foundational courses that explore network fundamentals, system security, and threat intelligence.

This program is highly technical in nature. A natural interest in programming and/or networks is recommended.

The move from IT to a technical cybersecurity position can take five to to ten years. The CORE program will get you there in 20 weeks.

HUNT Cybersecurity Analytics Program

• Cost: $11,950
Locations: Colorado Springs, Denver

The HUNT program is your direct path to an analytical cybersecurity career. This 480-hour immersive, full-time curriculum includes eight foundational courses that deep-dive on concepts related to threat intelligence, data visualization and interpretation, as well as threat and adversary hunting.

More analytical than our CORE program, a natural interest in research, problem solving, and a clever mind are recommended.

The natural progression from general IT to cybersecurity analyst can take three to seven years. The HUNT program does it in 12 weeks.

PATH Part-time Cybersecurity Program

• Cost: $15,950
Locations: Denver, Colorado Springs

The PATH program is a part-time cybersecurity skills and theory education program that allows you to choose between two possible paths of curriculum: engineering or analytics. Whether you want to track down threats with analytics, or hack networks through engineering, this program has a path that fits your cybersecurity career goals.

Due to the open-choice style of this curriculum, this program is equally recommended for those with technical and analytical backgrounds.

Our PATH evening program gets you mission ready in 36 weeks.

Subjects: Cyber Security

PREP Cybersecurity Workshop

• Cost: $999
Locations: Colorado Springs, Denver

This workshop is the ultimate preparation for individuals looking to take any of our immersive programs and launch their career in the field of cybersecurity. This six-week evening class will give you the introduction to Systems, Networking and Python that you need to be a rockstar in our programs. Passing this workshop guarantees admittance to one of our programs, with the ability to deduct the cost of this workshop from your program tuition.

Course Instructors: Cybersecurity has multiple domains. SecureSet employs a range of experts who can relate their expertise to the broader field. The result is a comprehensive, state-of-the-art and fully integrated curriculum.

Course Grading This workshop will assess the student’s skill development across subject areas via quizzes and labs. The successful student will score 80% or better for entrance into the CORE Technical program. For entrance into the HUNT Analyst program, the successful student will score 60% or better.

Prerequisites This workshop is for individuals with a high level of interest in cybersecurity but a lack of experience in base-level technical skills. If you are technically inclined and have the desire to put in the work, you can be successful in this class.

Optional Resources
We have external study materials available on request for all subject areas of this workshop.
Academy technical and career counseling staff are available to discuss the cybersecurity industry and your background and objectives in further detail on a one-on-one basis.

SecureSet Academy Reviews

Overall

4.62/5

6/27/2018
  • Steven | Client Engagement Associate

"World Class Experience!"

During my 3 months at SecureSet Academy, I gained knowledge so valuable that there is no way that I could have got the position I did. Through coursework and labs, I got the technical knowledge and learned soft skills necessary to get my dream job. I... Read More

5/8/2018
  • Anonymous | jr security engineer
  • CORE Engineering

"-"

pros- it worked. i used the people i met here to get me contacts needed to get a good job. can't argue with that. most teachers are good, and i do believe they want the best for you. you will learn a lot.

cons- it will feel like it never works. they grow... Read More

if you can get over the fact that you might suffer from their growing pains, you will get a lot of the school.

3/29/2018
  • Eddie O'Dell | Customer Success Associate
  • Graduated: 2017

"Literally, a life changing decision!"

From my initial research of the program through to my graduation day, I am thoroughly satisfied with the education and services I received at SecureSet Academy. It's still a new program so there are a few kinks and bugs they need to work out in terms... Read More

Mid way through my course, a dedicated career counselor was hired. This gave my job seeking activities a much needed shot of adrenaline. In fact, the position I accepted after graduation is a direct result of a career interview day that the newly hired counselor organized!

With this in mind, I must say that you, the individual, must take ownership of your results from this program. A job offer is not a guarantee. This is an opportunity to be immersed in the world of cybersecurity and soak up the extensive knowledge of the instructors and lab techs. You will have to put in the work to both complete the rigorous course and find employment.

SecureSet Academy has equipped me with what I needed to get my foot in the cybersecurity door and I plan to use and it and enjoy my new journey!

3/29/2018
  • Graduated: 2017

"SecureSet Academy - Denver - Hunt Program - Fall 2017"

Disappointing. The best asset Secure|Set has in Denver is Scott Bowman. He truly works his a** off for the students. I can't say that about any of the others. The class content REQUIRED smaller breakouts. The HUNT program had 1 instructor for 30 students.... Read More

3/27/2018
  • Suzie Kolb | Cyber Security Analyst
  • Graduated: 2017

"A boot camp above all others!"

SecureSet Academy is an exceptional boot camp with an attentive Staff, quality Facilities, pro-active and engaging Career Counselor, and knowledgeable, industry proven, cyber-security Instructors. SecureSet Academy provides hands-on labs and classroom... Read More

3/7/2017
  • Daniel | Risk Specialist
  • CORE Engineering
  • Graduated: 2016

"The Real Deal"

My experience at SecureSet Academy was phenomenal. Even though I entered with only limited IT experience, SecureSet thoroughly provided me with the tools and training I needed to jumpstart a career in Cyber Security. The full-time program is highly intense... Read More

Each of the teachers were venerable experts in their respective fields; individuals who are industry leaders even outside their roles as teachers at SecureSet Academy. The school provided the training I needed to conquer industry-recognized certification exams, including the Security+ and CISSP, both of which I successfully passed on the first try. They also have ongoing hiring partnerships with companies both locally and nation-wide, which is how I landed my current job as a Risk Specialist just one week after completing the program.

I've been highly recommending SecureSet to everyone!

SecureSet Academy's average rating is 4.62 out of 5.0 based on 66 review(s).