Tech Talent South

Courses: DevOps & Continuous Integration, Full-Time Code Immersion Program, Intro to Website Design & Creation, iOS Development, JavaScript 101, Next Level Rails, Part-Time Code Immersion Program, +1 more.
Startup Primer

Dallas, San Antonio, Charlotte, Wilmington, Columbus, Phoenix, New Orleans, +3 more.
Raleigh, Asheville, Atlanta.

About Tech Talent South

Tech Talent South (TTS) is a technical education company which exists to build and connect local tech and entrepreneurial ecosystems. With community and approachability at the core of the company, TTS offers an inclusive experience for both individuals... Read More

DevOps & Continuous Integration

• Cost: $13,500 - $13,500
Locations: Dallas, San Antonio

Do you have interest in writing code? Does that interest go beyond developing software? Maybe dabbling in development, IT operations, and testing / quality assurance? Basically... do you want to be involved in the entire product lifecycle?

If the answer to any of those questions was yes, take a hard look at Tech Talent South's DevOps and Continuous Integration course! Here you'll take the deepest of dives into the newest and hottest trend of software development... DevOps (software Development and IT Operations). You'll get a hands on training with Linux, Git, and Ruby while learning the intracacies of some of today's most powerful tools in deployment, configuration, and automation. On top of that, you'll learn how to keep a project team organized with version control, and keeping your product always in production mode and up to date with Continuous Integration techniques.

Subjects: Linux, Git, Ruby, Bash, Test-Driven Development (TDD)

Full-Time Code Immersion Program

• Cost: $6,750 - $6,750
Locations: Charlotte, Wilmington, Columbus, Phoenix, San Antonio, Dallas, New Orleans, Raleigh, Asheville, Atlanta

This course is designed for people who are passionate about learning modern web development and willing to put in the intense period of full-time work to become a web development professional in 8 weeks.

In our Code Immersion Program, we teach the following:
· Javascript and AJAX
· How to utilize APIs

Intro to Website Design & Creation

• Cost: $2,250 - $2,250
Locations: Atlanta, Charlotte, New Orleans, Dallas, Phoenix, Wilmington, Columbus, San Antonio, Asheville

Have you aspired to build and launch a website for your business or personal brand? Ever needed a online portfolio highlighting your experience and projects? Our Introduction to Web Design and Creation 8-week course is the answer to taking control of your web presence and building the site you need.

In this beginner-focused course, students are given the skills needed to design, code, and launch polished custom websites. Students will learn the fundamental tools of front-end development (HTML/CSS, Javascript), each student who completes this course leaves with several beautiful live websites to call their own. The 8-week course culminates in a capstone project in which each student deploys a website for their very own company, portfolio, or personal brand. Forget your paper resume... send people to your website!

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE COURSE:
Mockups
Deployment

iOS Development

• Cost: $3,250 - $3,250
Locations: Dallas, Columbus, New Orleans, Asheville, Atlanta, Wilmington, San Antonio, Phoenix, Charlotte

Do you spend a lot of time on your phone? Ever wondered what it would be like to make those applications you use everyday? Now you can! Grab your iPhone, iPad, and Mac and let's build something together. In this course you'll start from the ground up with the iOS SDK, Xcode, and Swift (Apple's new programming language). The iOS course covers the development and best practices for building, testing, debugging, and deploying iOS apps. Learn about what Apple brings to the table and how you'll work with the tools they provide! By the end of the course you'll understand core concepts and how they work together in your apps like Model-View-Controller (MVC), segues and navigation, APIs, and much more!

This course will cover the “do’s and don'ts” of iOS mobile development, methods for connecting the UI to your code, and tips for making responsive layouts that display correctly on different screen sizes.

Subjects: Design Principles, Swift, UX

JavaScript 101

• Cost: $1,850 - $1,850
Locations: Charlotte, Atlanta, Asheville, Phoenix, New Orleans, San Antonio, Dallas, Columbus, Wilmington

Want to know what all the fuss is about over JavaScript? Then join us in our introduction to JavaScript class, JavaScript 101! In this course you'll learn the fundamentals and core concepts of the language that runs the modern day web. By working with stock JavaScript, you'll get a great foundation with the ins and outs of the language, its syntax, core features, and understand exactly what makes it so special compared to other programming languages!

After we get a good foundation with pure JS, we'll tackle some popular and common JavaScript libraries like jQuery, which will extend the functionality of our JavaScript even further. In addition to this, we'll also work with an up-to-date JavaScript ecosystem and utilize tools like Gulp, npm, and Babel to help you write better and modern JavaScript code!

To round out the course, we'll also discuss the newest iteration of JavaScript, ES6, its new features and what this means for the future of the web's programming language.

Next Level Rails

• Cost: $3,200 - $3,200
Locations: Atlanta, Dallas, Charlotte, Columbus, New Orleans, Phoenix, San Antonio, Wilmington

Are you looking for the next step in your Ruby on Rails development? Are you looking to dive into more advanced topics and techniques? Awesome, let's build something together in Next Level Rails! Whether you just finished our Code Immersion Course or have been learning the wonder of Rails on your own, this course is a convenient guide to the next level in your web dev skill set.

Next Level Rails is a 4-week program designed to be the next step in your education of Ruby on Rails and web application development. This program is geared towards a junior-level developer who is hungry for more Rails knowledge. You’ll be given a great portfolio building experience, and armed with skills for the next level.

Students will be involved in the entire process of builiding a web application from scratch. They’ll be tasked with organizing, planning, and executing app features which will culminate in a finished product presented at a demo day. This course focuses on giving students real-world experience in a guided, educational setting. Class time will be split into two, giving the students time for both instruction and hands-on work.

Part-Time Code Immersion Program

• Cost: $4,750 - $4,750
Locations: Charlotte, San Antonio, Dallas, New Orleans, Raleigh, Asheville, Atlanta, Columbus, Wilmington, Phoenix

This course takes place in the evenings and is designed for people who are passionate about learning modern web development and willing to put in long but rewarding hours (often while still working a full-time job) to build a solid foundation in web development and/or deploy a web application for their own web-based business.

In our Code Immersion Program, we'll be teaching the following:
· How to utilize APIs

Startup Primer

• Cost: $3,250 - $3,250
Locations: Charlotte

Are you interested in learning how to develop a product, market it, and launch your own startup, but aren’t quite ready to apply for an accelerator? Do you want to meet your soulmate? Errr… we mean, co-founder? Startup Primer is the perfect opportunity to gain real-world startup experience in a guided, case-study-based environment.

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE COURSE:
-Development lifecycle
-Product management
-Implementing user feedback
-Sales strategy development
-Define brand and value proposition
-Customer experience
-HR and legal for startups
-Fundraising and pitching

Subjects: Design Principles, Business, Entrepreneurship, Algorithms, Digital Marketing

Tech Talent South Reviews

Overall

4.73/5

6/24/2020
  • Jeremy Marx | Talent
  • Graduated: 2020

"A great way to keep your momentum up and meet a super-cool tech community."

I just recently finished the Tech Talent South New Orleans JavaScript App Development Course. Despite having to go remote after the first class because of the COVID-19 pandemic, TTS was overall a really good experience. I am personally the type of learner... Read More

6/18/2020
  • Anonymous | Software Engineer
  • Graduated: 2020

"I came to Tech Talent S"

I came to Tech Talent South to learn how to build a web application but I learned so much more. I took their full time code immersion course. They even gave me career counseling and the counselor Gabe has been amazing. He helped me put together a linked... Read More

6/12/2020
  • Mallory Ozuna | Code Immersion Student

"Awesome Opportunity"

I am currently in the Full Time Code Immersion and Intro to Web Design classes in San Antonio. We are meeting via zoom due to COVID.
I was a bit worried I wouldn't pick up the concepts well over zoom but the instructors are incredible! They make sure... Read More

6/12/2020
  • Anonymous | Software Engineer
  • Graduated: 2020

"Challenging, fun, extremely informative Ruby on Rails code immersion course. Highly recommend for beginning and intermediate coders!"

This course covered HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, JQuery, Ruby and Rails, with lessons in Git, GitHub, deployment, and more. Even with the COVID-19 pandemic in full swing and classes forced into online meetings, TTS was able to maintain classroom... Read More

6/2/2020
  • Adrian Montes

"Java -Code Immersion"

Tech Talent South has given me a great opportunity. I got accepted into their GAP(Graduate Accelerator Program) and got placed in their Java code immersion course! So far it has been an amazing experience. The instructor has done a great job explaining... Read More

4/22/2020
  • Jamie Myers

"Full Stack Java"

Great experience. Went into their full stack Java course without much prior programming experience. The class started off great in person, but was switched to video conferencing once covid-19 hit. The class went on smoothly without missing a beat. Came... Read More

4/20/2020
  • Sean Blanchard
  • Graduated: 2019

"Great overall experience"

First of all, I feel my situation is not typical. I have been working in the Maritime industry since 2012, and finally came to a point where I knew a change was needed. This whole coding thing kept popping up everywhere, such as research on high income... Read More

Having said all of that, the class was only 2 nights a week and 8 weeks long. For me, the benefit came from dedicating the time to learning the subject. Had I tried on my own via online, I would never get as much done as I wanted to. The curriculum is good for beginners. The class revolved around Ruby/Ruby on Rails. The instructor was very approachable and knowledgeable. Ultimately, we didn't finish the project we were working on during class because we ran out of time. I think the class needs to be a bit longer. The best part, however, was the community part of it all. They set us up with tours of some of the best Tech companies in town, and had guest speakers regularly. This is where the pay off was. I made it a point to attend anything and everything. And every time I went to an event or tour, I made sure to get a couple LinkedIn connections out of it. This alone led me to get several interviews. None of the interviews led to a job, but it got my foot in the door, and they now have a face to my name.

With my particular situation, the only class I could take was the part time Code Immersion. After 8 weeks, my boss at the full time job needed me back on the same schedule as everyone else, so I couldn't take anymore classes. However, I kept attending the tours and events that I could make. I also kept attending the weekly meetups from the beginning of my story. I kept meeting other alumni, past and present, and through these alumni connections, I landed a job as a QA tester.

My whole point is no bootcamp is going to be a magic bullet. As with anything in life, it comes down to what you put into it. Some people may just want to learn a little bit out of interest, but I was looking for a career change. As for Tech Talent South, I would absolutely take more classes, if my schedule had allowed, but after class I kept learning all that I could and had to rely on other online sources. The people were great, I really enjoyed class, and I love being plugged into the Tech scene now in New Orleans. If you're thinking about trying Tech Talent South, go for it. Compared to other schools, if its not for you, at least it didn't cost you $15K - $20K to figure that out, and if it is, you can build your own path. Stay connected, put in the work, and go to all the events!

4/8/2020
  • Nick Knight
  • Graduated: 2018

"Full Time CI"

Took this course in 2018 when i wanted to make a transition into I.T. The course then covered Ruby and RoR but has now switched to a Java based platform (so jealous!!). The support from the TTS team was amazing, and their dedication to helping with the... Read More

4/3/2020
  • Edward Acosta

"Challenging and Informative"

I have always had an interest in coding and started searching online for available options and came across Tech Talent South.

After submitting a request for more information on their Code Immersion Program I was contacted promptly by the staff. They answered... Read More

It is a Bootcamp so it fast-paced, however many topics are covered and while it is challenging for a beginner in web-based development, it is also informative. It has helped pique my interest and has encouraged me to pursue further.
At this time it is more for personal interest \ development, however, it may lead to further training in this field.

The part-time code immersion course seems to well with my full-time job, which is a plus for me.
A team environment is also encouraged in the classrooms.
I would recommend this course for anyone that is interested in this field. The staff is supportive, encouraging and bring real-world experience to the classes.

4/1/2020
  • Connie Chung
  • Graduated: 2019

"Part Time Code Immersion - Do It"

I had no experience in coding or programming but decided to sign up with Tech Talent South after researching the organization. It was the Part Time Code Immersion with Ruby on Rails. It was indeed immersive and difficult for a beginner such as myself,... Read More

Tech Talent South's average rating is 4.73 out of 5.0 based on 180 review(s).