I am going to be a senior in High School and would like to attend a coding bootcamp, in order to become a web developer. How is the job market in Barcelona? Will I be hired without a college degree? Thank you!
FOLLOW THIS QUESTION TO RECEIVE UPDATES
Hi! Congratulations on senior year! That was definiteely my favorite year :) Awesome that you're already looking into coding bootcamps. I asked our Manager at Ironhack Barcelona to answer this question and here is his response! Feel free to e-mail them if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
"Barcelona is one of the most prominent startup ecosystems in southern Europe.
Despite that the tech scene is still developing, it has attracted a lot of entrepreneurs willing to start their companies in such a great environment. During the last few years lots of tech companies have populated the city and gathered around prominent areas like 22@, which is now a landmark for the tech community.
This has led to the development of a rich ecosystem with plenty of acceleration programs, investment firms and the support of local institutions. For these reasons the city also hosts international events like MWC or the Smart City Congress, which attracts thousands of people from all around the world.
Another trait of the Barcelona startup scene is the openness and willingness to share. For this reason you’ll find plenty of Meetups and vibrant communities meeting almost every day to share their knowledge and experiences.
In a brief bullet list, what makes the Barcelona tech scene great is:
- High profile acceleration programs and incubators like Wayra, Conector...
- Cosmopolitan city that attracts talent all around the world.
- Prestigious technical and business schools, such as ESADE, UPC, IESE and so on.
- Amazing internet companies like Teambox, eDreams, Waki.tv, Privalia, Zyncro or Social Point.
- It has strong local support with programs like Barcelona Activa or ACC10.
- Investment firms like Nauta Capital, Active VP, Highgrowth, Caixa Capital Risc and Inveready.
Long story short, Barcelona is a great place to live. It has the perfect climate, great gastronomy and the city is really welcoming. This has attracted lots of talented people who were willing to start great companies and at the end, it has achieved a perfect combination to start your own tech career in there."
-Marc Collado, Barcelona, Ironhack
Tags: Grand circus