CareerFoundry

Courses: Data Analytics, Frontend Development for Designers, Intro to Data Analytics, Intro to Frontend Development, Intro to UI Design, Intro to UX Design, UI Design, +4 more.
UI for UX Designers, UX Design, Voice User Interface Design, Web Development

Online, Berlin, +-6 more.
Berlin.

About CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry offers online, flexibly-paced, fully mentored courses and programs that help people build tech careers they love—with a job guarantee to boot! We guarantee that our program graduates will get a job they love within six months of graduating,... Read More

All of our courses and programs are project-based, ensuring that students have the opportunity to apply everything they learn in practical ways, resulting in projects they can showcase in their portfolios.

Along the way, all of our students receive individualized mentoring and support from their personal mentor and tutor, as well as from our dedicated team of student advisors and career specialists—and the support doesn’t stop there. We have an extensive network of students and graduates who share resources, ideas, and support during their studies and well beyond graduation.

CareerFoundry’s curriculum is thoroughly researched and written in-house by our own curriculum designers and editors who collaborate with subject matter experts to create a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive curriculum that empowers students to acquire all the job-ready skills they’ll need to break into their new career.

CareerFoundry offers full programs in UX design, UI design, web development, and data analytics, as well as individual introductory courses and specializations for qualified designers in frontend development, UI design (for UX designers), and voice user interface design.

No previous experience is required. Prospective students can simply talk to a CareerFoundry advisor about their background and motivations to see which courses or programs are the best fit.

Data Analytics

Locations: Online

In this program, you'll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to become a qualified data analyst—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two data professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program.

The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience.

The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Data Analytics, Data Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in data analytics with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews.

With 96% of our eligible graduates successfully landing jobs within six months of graduation, we’re confident about the quality and effectiveness of our process. Graduate from our Data Analytics Program, follow our job search guidelines, and you’ll land a job in the field within 180 days of graduation—or your money back.

Subjects: Machine Learning, Data Visualization, Data Science, Statistics & Probability, Big Data, Data Mining, Information Security

Frontend Development for Designers

Locations: Online

This course covers the most important frontend development skills in a no-nonsense, streamlined approach and ​will​ ​walk​ ​you​ ​through​ ​the​ ​entire​ ​development​ ​process​ ​for​ ​creating​ ​a​ ​simple​ ​yet​ ​functional portfolio​ ​site​ ​to​ ​showcase​ ​your​ ​creative​ ​work.​ By​ ​the​ ​end​ ​of​ ​the​ ​course,​ ​you’ll​ ​not​ ​only​ ​know​ ​how​ ​to​ ​code​ ​with​ ​HTML​ ​and​ ​CSS,​ ​but​ ​also how​ ​to​ ​debug​ ​and​ ​use​ ​JavaScript​ ​to​ ​add interactivity​ ​to​ ​a​ ​website.​ ​Perhaps​ ​most​ ​importantly,​ ​you’ll​ ​also​ ​be​ ​able​ ​to​ ​speak​ ​the​ ​language​ ​of “code,”​ ​endowing​ ​you​ ​with​ ​the​ ​ability​ ​to​ ​communicate​ ​any​ ​technical​ ​issues​ ​you​ ​notice​ ​within​ ​the​ ​designs of​ ​a​ ​website​ ​or​ ​application.​ ​This​ ​will​ ​enable​ ​you​ ​to​ ​effectively​ ​collaborate​ ​with​ ​developers​ ​and​ ​coordinate cross-team​ ​projects​ ​throughout​ ​your​ ​career—an​ ​essential​ ​part​ ​of​ ​any​ ​design​ ​role.

We’ll pair you with a web development professional to support, advise, and give individualized feedback and mentoring from day one. The course is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house. The learning experience this provides is rigorous, project-based, and adaptive—designed to empower you to acquire all the skills you’ll need to take your current job to the next level.

*This course is appropriate for qualified designers, or can be selected as a third-module specialization of our UX or UI Design Programs.

Subjects: CSS, HTML, UX Testing, JavaScript

Intro to Data Analytics

Locations: Online

In this course, you’ll learn everything you need to gain a solid understanding of key data analysis skills, processes, and principles. It’s the perfect solution for those brand-new to the subject and a great way to see whether data analysis is the right career for you.

You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two data professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the course.

The course is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house. The learning experience this provides is rigorous, project-based, and adaptive—designed to empower you to acquire all the skills you’ll need to take your current job to the next level, and how to use and analyze data to make better decisions.

Work on a real-world project and learn about the essential deliverables employers and teams need as you build an end-to-end analysis for your course project.

*The Intro to Data Course constitutes the first module of the full Data Analytics Program. You can choose to continue to the full program on completion of the course.

Subjects: Data Analytics, Data Visualization, Excel

Intro to Frontend Development

Locations: Online

In this course, you’ll learn the fundamental frontend development languages (HTML and CSS); and apply core web development skills. It’s the perfect solution for those brand-new to the subject and a great way to see whether web development is the right career for you.

You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two web development professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the course.

Work on a real-world project and learn about the essential deliverables employers and teams need as you build a complete portfolio site coded from scratch for your course project.

*The Intro to Frontend Development Course constitutes the first module of the full Web Development Program. You can choose to continue to the full program on completion of the Intro to Frontend Development course.

Subjects: CSS, Git, HTML

Intro to UI Design

Locations: Online

In this course, you’ll learn how to build a design from the ground up, exploring the basics of design tools as you progress through the course. It’s the perfect solution for those brand-new to the subject and a great way to see whether UI design is the right career for you.

You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UI design professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the course.

Work on a real-world project and learn about the essential deliverables employers and teams need as you redesign an app for your course project.

*The Intro to UI Design Course constitutes the first module of the full UI Design Program. You can choose to continue to the full program on completion of the Intro to UI Design course.

Subjects: Design Principles, Visual Design

Intro to UX Design

Locations: Online

In this course, you’ll learn about every phase of the UX design process, gain an understanding of the industry as a whole, and discover how UX designers think. It’s the perfect solution for those brand-new to the subject and a great way to see whether UX design is the right career for you.

The course is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house. The learning experience this provides is rigorous, project-based, and adaptive—designed to empower you to acquire all the skills you’ll need to take your current job to the next level, and use UX to make better design decisions.

Work on a real-world project and learn about the essential deliverables employers and teams need as you build an app for your course project.

*The Intro to UX Design Course constitutes the first module of the full UX Design Program. You can choose to continue to the full program on completion of the Intro to UX Design course.

Subjects: Design Principles, UX Testing, Information Architecture, Wireframing

UI Design

Locations: Online, Berlin

In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to become a qualified UI designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UI professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program.

The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UI Design, UI Immersion, your choice of one specialization ( Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UI Design with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews.

With 96% of our eligible graduates successfully landing jobs within six months of graduation, we’re confident about the quality and effectiveness of our process. Graduate from our UI Design Program, follow our job search guidelines, and you’ll land a job in the field within 180 days of graduation—or your money back.

Subjects: Design Principles, Voice Design, UX Design, Front-End Web Development, Wireframing

UI for UX Designers

Locations: Online

Built in collaboration with design leader, InVision, this fast-track course ​takes​ ​you​ ​through​ ​the​ ​process​ ​of​ ​designing​ ​the​ ​user​ ​interface​ ​of​ ​a​ ​responsive​ ​app​ ​from scratch to include in your design portfolio.​ By​ ​the​ ​end​ ​of​ ​the​ ​course,​ you’ll have mastered​ ​the​ ​theory​ ​behind​ ​beautiful​ ​UI​ ​design,​ ​and​ ​have​ ​the​ ​hands-on, technical​ ​skills​ ​needed​ ​to​ ​apply​ ​it​ ​to​ ​your​ ​own​ ​projects.​ ​With​ ​your​ ​combined​ ​knowledge​ ​of​ ​UX​ ​and​ ​UI, you’ll​ ​know​ ​how​ ​to​ ​please​ ​and​ ​effectively​ ​communicate​ ​to​ ​your​ ​users​ ​through​ ​every​ ​screen​ ​you​ ​design, and​ ​have​ ​the​ ​polished​ ​UI​ ​for​ ​a​ ​fully​ ​responsive​ ​app​ ​to​ ​prove​ ​it!

We’ll pair you with a UI professional to support, advise, and give individualized feedback and mentoring from day one. The course is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house. The learning experience this provides is rigorous, project-based, and adaptive—designed to empower you to acquire all the skills you’ll need to take your current job to the next level.

*This course is appropriate for qualified designers, or can be selected as a third-module specialization of our UX Design Program.

Subjects: Design Principles, UI Design, Typography

UX Design

Locations: Online

In this program you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to become a qualified UX designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UX professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program.

The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UX Design, UX Immersion, your choice of one specialization (User Interface Design for UX Designers, Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UX with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews.

With 96% of our eligible graduates successfully landing jobs within six months of graduation, we’re confident about the quality and effectiveness of our process. Graduate from our UX Design Program, follow our job search guidelines, and you’ll land a job in the field within 180 days of graduation—or your money back.

Subjects: Design Principles, Voice Design, UX Testing, UI Design, Front-End Web Development, Information Architecture, User Research, Visual Design, Wireframing

Voice User Interface Design

Locations: Online

Built in collaboration with the pioneer in voice design, Amazon Alexa, our comprehensive course in Voice User Interface Design walks​ ​you​ ​through​ ​the​ ​process​ ​of​ ​designing​ ​for​ ​voice​ ​user​ ​interfaces​ ​and​ ​shows​ ​you​ ​where and​ ​how​ ​it​ ​differs​ ​from​ ​designing​ ​for​ ​visual​ ​interfaces.​ You’ll​ ​use​ ​what​ ​you​ ​already​ ​know​ ​about​ ​topics​ ​like creating​ ​user​ ​personas,​ ​prototyping,​ ​and​ ​usability​ ​testing​ ​to​ ​develop​ ​three​ ​skills​ ​for​ ​Amazon’s​ ​Alexa​ ​voice assistant.​

We’ll pair you with a VUI professional to support, advise, and give individualized feedback and mentoring from day one. The course is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house. The learning experience this provides is rigorous, project-based, and adaptive—designed to empower you to acquire all the skills you’ll need to take your current job to the next level.

Subjects: Voice User Interface Design, Voice Design, UX Design

CareerFoundry Reviews

Overall

4.56/5

10/1/2020
  • Samin Emrani | Visual UX Designer
  • Graduated: 2020

"Great support from your tutor, mentor and student advisors for the whole time of studying"

Less than a year, I was looking for a new opportunity to change my job for months. I was disappointed about all those years that I did design projects and wasn't satisfied with what I had as a job. I'm over 30 and a "very conservative person" to make... Read More

I booked three calls and asked many questions. After the second call, they even recorded a video and explained all my questions in it. That time I felt the big difference in how they care about people.

One of the excellent options was I could pay in ten months, and that wasn't that much pressure for me. Still, I wasn't sure if I can finish it and was worried if I drop this course like several times that I dropped my design university courses.

I said to my student advisors, tutor and mentor about my most significant problem, "lack of self-confidence". And I could improve this feeling in the first month, and I resigned my job to focus/ practise more on what I learn.

That was impressive that usually during a day for several times, I asked many questions from my tutor (Moritz Oesterlau from Germany) and he answered all of them one by one or corrected my assignments with examples, different online sources, videos, etc. For several times he even created a video while reviewing my project to show how should I do the task.

Beside Moritz, I also had a fabulous mentor (Piet Alberts from South Africa) that helped a lot and showed me how to invest my time in the right way to have a professional result. It was awesome that all students could book 100 times their mentor for an hour video call.

I had to study 15 hours a week, but day by day, I feel greater about how I learn and have this much progress; After a while, I spent 10-12 a day to study, reading UX books or watching tutorials.

My third mentor (Marion Sénéchal from Switzerland) joined the team in the middle of course. Job guarantee wasn't only a word to get more students. I almost made "all the materials" for my CV, Linkedin and website from zero. (during all these times, I had great supports from three student advisors who asked me every week if I feel good or bad about course.

The last point I want to mention is after you finish all courses (job course too), every two weeks you have a video call with your job mentor and explained what you could do for getting job offers for six months. During this time if you get an interview before your next appointment, you contact the school, and they "immediately" book a special time for you (with your mentor or if it's not possible, with another mentor) and you work on the essential skills that are needed during the interview.
As a conservative person that is 30+, I highly recommend CareerFoundry to change your life and have your "new career", not "a job".

9/16/2020
  • Bara'a Hussein | UX Designer
  • Graduated: 2018

"CareerFoundry changes my life."

Back in October 2017, I have the opportunity to join the User Experience Design course at CareerFoundry, completed the course in June 2018, and immediately I got my first UX role in July 2018.

CareerFoundry course helped me to find myself and my passion,... Read More

CareerFoundry community is a great supportive place with a positive and encouraging learning philosophy, during the course you will be surrounded by a well trained and professional team including mentors, tutors, student advisors, and the whole team who work to help you step by step to reach a professional level and prepare you for the job, also there is a welcoming community on Slack where it's easy to reach out and connect with other students.

As a previous student and a UX tutor now at CareerFoundry, I extremely believe the UX course with CareerFoundry is the right choice for you and your future and will help you to find your passion.

If you are considering to make a difference, and create a positive impact on your life, I highly recommend CareerFoundry.👍

I can't be more grateful for being part of this great community.
Bara'a

9/1/2020
  • Megan Gillen
  • UI Design
  • Graduated: 2020

"UI Design Course - Great Online Program"

I'm currently taking the UI Design course and I'm about 75% complete. The program is structured well, and although very self-guided, I like how the program sets tasks and shows you your progress towards course completion. Very helpful for me to stay on... Read More

8/28/2020
  • Sebastian Habenicht | UX Designer
  • Graduated: 2020

"Great foundation to build on"

The course teaches you the important basics on what it needs to become a UX-Designer. The tutors and mentors are professional and the ressources are very well sorted and helpful for beginners and intermediates alike. With a real sense for progression... Read More

8/28/2020
  • Adrian Morosanu | UX Designer
  • Graduated: 2020

"CareerFoundry UX Design Certified Course"

Overall, I'm very happy I decided to join CareerFoundry UX Design Course. CareerFoundry helped me to gain a coherent understanding of UX Design. The mentor and tutor were great, and I learned a lot. It's a significant financial investment, but I think... Read More

• Joanna Siu | UX designer student

"Amazing Course!"

I am currently taking the UX intensive bootcamp that spans for 10 months. I am on the last achievements, working towards my portfolio, and I can tell you that it was well worth the price. I was a little hesitant at first, but the amount of information... Read More

• Tristan Hornsey-Pennell | Merchandising Manager
  • UI Design
  • Graduated: 2020

"Great content, even better support."

My experience on this course has been excellent. Really great feedback and support from the tutors and the mentors. And the content is really well written, there is a fair amount of reading - but there are videos for anything that needs more explaining.... Read More

Also they were really supportive figuring out financing options that work for me!

• Nathalie Wehrli
  • Intro to UX Design
  • Graduated: 2020

""Intro to UX Design" - Game-changing!"

I just finished the Introduction to UX Design course on CareerFoundry, overall a really fantastic course. The right amount of reading followed by a simple and well-explained introduction to the next step in the Design Thinking process. What helped me... Read More

• Shao Tsu
  • Graduated: 2020

"UX design program part time student"

I did a lot of research and comparison before I enrolled the online boot camp for UX design. After reading a lot of information, I realised most of the guides I found are in CareerFoundry blogs. They are very helpful and I am glad I made the right choice!... Read More

If you are looking to build the solid knowledge from scratch, I’d recommend CareerFoundry.

8/24/2020
  • Web Development
  • Graduated: 2020

"TOTAL FAKE. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY"

Do not waste your money on this people. They will rip you off. They will talk to you nice to make you enroll after that you will realize their realness. Bad staff and service. Their tutors and mentors will not help you as they suppose to and if you do... Read More

CareerFoundry's average rating is 4.56 out of 5.0 based on 122 review(s).