Learn the basics of Android, set up your development environment, and turn your ideas into applications.
- Introduction to Android and its features.
- Setting up Android Studio, phone or emulator and launching the Hello World app.
- Leading into the UI, widgets, buttons, text fields, etc.
- Wiring up widgets and giving them functionality (button clicks, text changes, etc)
- Resources (drawables, strings, dimensions, colors, styles, languages, etc)
- Advanced XML in layouts and layout editor - Activity and its lifecycle (onCreate, onResume, etc)
- Debugging Android apps
- Passing data between Activities using Intents - Saving data in SharedPreferences and SQLite
- Fragments and advanced UI design
- Displaying a list of items using adapters and RecyclerView
- Connecting to an API and using 3rd party libraries (Picasso/Glide for image loading, Retrofit/Volley for REST API, GSON/Jackson for deserializing)
Also, you’ll discover
- How to get permissions (for storage, internet, biometrics, etc)
- How to create Custom Views
- How to use intents to open another app (for example to open a URL or get images from a gallery etc)