About CodeGym University
CodeGym University is an online training provider focused on learning Java. It offers different coding bootcamps in this field:
- Java Fundamentals course,
- Android App Development course,
- and Java Developer profession course (for India only).
CodeGym University bootcamps have different training periods, but all of them are suitable for students with no programming experience.
CodeGym University is meant to act as a base for students to build on while finding a career in tech. Graduates should continue to add to their skills before seeking a job as a Java developer or Android developer. The exception is the Java Developer Profession bootcamp that provides a 100% job guarantee for graduates.
A distinctive feature of this training provider is that students, in addition to lectures with a mentor, get access to the self-paced CodeGym course and use it as a knowledge base and simulator for practicing code. All the benefits of a self-paced course - theory lectures, coding practice, automatic code validation, useful tips, and students' community - are included in the bootcamps.
After students apply, a manager contacts them to complete the enrollment process. CodeGym University allows students to pay tuition in installments.
Do you represent this school? Suggest edits.
Android app development for beginners
Learn the basics of Android, set up your development environment, and turn your ideas into applications.
- Introduction to Android and its features.
- Setting up Android Studio, phone or emulator and launching the Hello World app.
- Leading into the UI, widgets, buttons, text fields, etc.
- Wiring up widgets and giving them functionality (button clicks, text changes, etc)
- Resources (drawables, strings, dimensions, colors, styles, languages, etc)
- Advanced XML in layouts and layout editor - Activity and its lifecycle (onCreate, onResume, etc)
- Debugging Android apps
- Passing data between Activities using Intents - Saving data in SharedPreferences and SQLite
- Fragments and advanced UI design
- Displaying a list of items using adapters and RecyclerView
- Connecting to an API and using 3rd party libraries (Picasso/Glide for image loading, Retrofit/Volley for REST API, GSON/Jackson for deserializing)
Also, you’ll discover
- How to get permissions (for storage, internet, biometrics, etc)
- How to create Custom Views
- How to use intents to open another app (for example to open a URL or get images from a gallery etc)
Java Developer Profession (India)
Become a Java developer in 12 months with the help of qualified personal mentors and get your first job guaranteed (this course is for India only).
Group training. Online lessons with mentors, hands-on homework, Java programming projects.
Lots of practice. You will write code and solve tasks from the first lesson.
Employment guarantee. We'll help you with training and employment.
MODULE 1. JAVA SYNTAX
MODULE 2. JAVA CORE
MODULE 3. JAVA PROFESSIONAL
MODULE 4. WORKING WITH DATABASES. HIBERNATE
MODULE 5. SPRING + SPRING BOOT
MODULE 6. FINAL PROJECT
The bootcamp covers foundational skills like Java syntax, object oriented programming, arrays, and data types. Students will finish by building a project over two weeks with the knowledge they learned throughout the course.