Codeworks

Courses: Software Engineering Immersive, Web Development Immersive, Corporate Training, +-4 more.
Corporate Training

Online, Barcelona, Berlin, London, Toronto, +-3 more.
Toronto.

About Codeworks

Codeworks is an immersive coding bootcamp with campuses across several cities worldwide. You can attend their courses in-person at one of the available locations, or remotely from wherever you are. Programs include 8-week and 12-week full-time software... Read More

All programs cover HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Node, Express, Angular, and React, as well as SQL and NoSQL databases. The 12-week course also covers DevOps, continuous deployment, and systems architecture.

The courses are divided into two sections: theory and advanced programming topics, and applied learning through building complete products. Codeworks aims to help students build complex apps and gain an advanced understanding of JavaScript. Graduates should be able to build entire applications and contribute to coding projects of any size.

Codeworks is tailored for people at any level with a three-part program process. To apply, candidates must first pass an admission challenge. Applicants with no previous coding experience are offered a remote intro course which covers programming fundamentals, basic JavaScript, HTML, CSS, and more. Once admitted into the program, students complete an 8-week, remote pre-course covering intermediate programming topics like jQuery, Git, Developer tools, and intro to APIs. Once students pass the pre-course, they can start the main programming course.

All Codeworks programs include hiring events at the end of the course, including portfolio preparation and tech interview training. Finally, all graduates receive lifelong career support, and become part of an international network of alumni and partner companies.

Software Engineering Immersive

• Cost: €9,800 - €9,800
Locations: Online, Berlin, London, Toronto, Barcelona

This is the Codeworks flagship course, and the most complete way to get your engineering career started. Throughout the twelve weeks you learn all the skills of a professional programmer and get to build three projects of growing complexity. The course includes one week of career orientation, interview training, and introduction to hiring partners. At the end of the program you're able to make entire applications, and contribute to coding projects of any size. You will learn strong Software Engineering patterns, and understand how to work productively in teams with other engineers.

Web Development Immersive

• Cost: €6,500 - €6,500
Locations: Online, Barcelona, Berlin, London, Toronto

This program gives you the preparation to become a solid web programmer. Throughout the eight weeks you learn all the fundamentals of functional programming and get to build one personal project.

The course includes two days of career orientation, interview training, and introductions to hiring partners. At the end of the program you're able to build full-stack applications and understand advanced coding topics.This is our shortest course and the fastest way to kickstart your developer career.

Corporate Training

Locations: Online, Barcelona, Berlin, London, Toronto

Training programs for tech companies wanting to ramp up their development teams. We’ve designed intensive programs that can take place at your offices or at our campus. This focused training helps your development team master specific topics. Subjects include advanced JavaScript, Angular, React, and Node JS. Custom programs can be created according to your company’s needs.

Codeworks Reviews

Overall

4.96/5

10/2/2019
  • Pier Roberto Lucisano
  • Full Stack Software Engineering
  • Graduated: 2017

"Excellent"

I attended this course on 2017. I wanted to switch career as I studied Finance. It was an excellent investment because at Codeworks I found great teachers and amazing classmates. Thanks to them I learnt things that would require probably years of hard... Read More

6/8/2019
  • Felix Weinberger | Software Engineer

"Outcomes exceed expectations"

Summary:
Codeworks is an excellent program if you know what you are paying for. Don't expect knowledge to be uploaded to your brain, instead think of it more like a mental "gym" with an intense workout plan, guided by lectures and TAs. If you put in the... Read More

Curriculum:
The curriculum is fantastic, up-to-date and highly relevant for working as a full stack or front end developer today. Javascript is in high demand and the course does a great job of teaching you the things you need to know to get a broad overview of web development in general. Once I started interviewing for jobs I understood just how well the course prepared me for it. The more you can study and prepare before the course, the more valuable it's going to be for you!

Other students:
My colleagues were a very motivated and intelligent bunch of people from all walks of life. There were financial consultants, product managers, physicists, digital nomads and entrepreneurs. A strong motivation for coding was the common denominator, which made a huge difference on the final project. I was incredibly impressed by the group project (which I was most skeptical about going in), where absolutely everyone put in 110% of their efforts.

Outcomes:
I found a job very quickly after Codeworks at a level that was above my expectations going into the course. I can say for certain I would not have found the role without Codeworks, which means an additional huge benefit to me. Huge thanks to the outcomes team for that!

6/2/2019
  • Alan Hu | Mobile Developer
  • Graduated: 2019

"Good Course, Great Outcome"

TL;DR
Excellent curriculum, great outcomes, passable lectures, fun experience overall. Be prepared to study hard and teach yourself. Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions. If you put in the time and effort, you will succeed. The jobs are out there,... Read More

The Course
- The course is every bit as intense as is advertised. You will really spend 11-12 hours there a day, 6 days a week
- The curriculum is excellent and well-tailored to the job market. You will leave well prepared for the technical interviews.
- Lectures were meh. There were a few excellent ones, but I have to say that as a whole their effectiveness was questionable. Make sure to be vocal and ask questions if you don't understand. Be prepared to spend time learning things on your own.
- Make the most out of your senior projects. These will form your portfolio after the course during the job hunt, and will make a big difference.
- Ultimately, you get out what you put in. If you show up having barely spent any time on the precourse, you will struggle through the course and lose the opportunity to learn more in-depth things. The more prepared you come, the better positioned you are to take advantage of the whole experience.

Peers
- The peers in your batch make a huge difference! You are spending 6 * 12 hours with them a week.
- I was lucky to meet 14 amazing individuals who were a pleasure to work and learn with.
- You can't control how your classmates are, but you can be an agreeable and cooperative person yourself.

Outcomes
- To my knowledge, everybody in my graduating class (14 people) who wanted a job as a software developer has now received an offer as a developer, regardless of citizenship.
- Job assistance was quick and effective. Thanks Marc!

5/22/2019
  • Nicola

"100% Amazing"

It's hard to find the words to review Codeworks.

The course is really engaging, advanced and on point, the staff is exceptionally competent and well composed between roles. And they make sure, beforehand, that you will meet amazing peers, too.

The main... Read More

And the thing i appreciated the most was that while they try to offer the most skillful training they can, it's also a place where you will find a lot of room to learn to have "vision": No default apps to build but help in pulling out (and acing) your own ideas, little formalities and sparkly discussions about tech and the modern world have been the daily routine while i was there and i don't really think there is another place around to be exposed in a short time to such a barrage of new ideas, concepts, and tools. This and all the other good things CW people said on this page that it's not worth repeating (though they are all true).

The founders (Alex and Arol) are some of the most passionate people about what they do i have gotten to meet so far.

While i obviously can't make comparisons i feel i took the best choice picking Codeworks for my new profession and that you will feel the same if you are considering taking a bootcamp.

5/4/2019
  • Amanda Areias

"Codeworks Review"

I'm a graphic designer who decided graphic design wasn't enough and decided to learn something new. I started learning how to code by myself and, after a while, decided to join a bootcamp. Codeworks was the best decision I could have made. It is a hard... Read More

3/20/2019
  • Luca Panzavolta | Full-Stack Developer
  • Graduated: 2018

"One of the most intense and rewarding experiences of my life!"

I completed the Codeworks program a little over a month ago. I decided to wait a bit before writing this review because I wanted to see the validation of the market on my preparation and skills first. This validation has come in the form of job offers... Read More

My three months at Codeworks have been very intense and despite the stress, every day I was fully conscious that it was totally worth it. The pace is vigorous but you will never feel lost because you will have the support of your instructors, your teaching assistants, and your classmates. The student selection process really works well, and your classmates will be some of the most driven, motivated and knowledgeable people you will ever meet.

I spent an average of 12-13 hours a day in Codeworks including my Sundays. On my typical Sunday, I would sleep a couple of hours more than usual and then go to Codeworks to revise the concepts introduced during the week or to experiment with new technologies. I was not the only crazy one! Many of my classmates were doing the same!

Regarding the team there, everybody is amazing.

Arol is a coding rockstar and he mentored us throughout all the course. Marco is super competent and always in a good mood. Leonardo is really experienced on the front-end and always very supportive and helpful. Marc will be the to-go-to person when looking for a job after the course. Marc is super knowledgeable and encouraging: he will guide you through your job search. From him expect pieces of advice that will save you a lot of mistakes and will help you to get the job you want.

Barcelona is an amazing city, you probably won't have the time to explore all its corners during your time at Codeworks, but the weather will definitely help to keep the mood positive. The wonderful weather really played a role for me.

At Codeworks I learned Node.js, React, Redux, GraphQL, MongoDB, MySQL, Redis, Web Sockets and so much more. The curriculum is vast and in line with the current technological trend and after the intense months there, you can really call yourself a Full-Stack Developer.

My recommendation is that, if you are looking for a coding boot camp in Europe, joining Codeworks will be one of the best experiences and choices of your life. It has been for me.

1/26/2019
  • Christopher Bücklein | Sr. Marketing Manager
  • Graduated: 2018

"Why I'd always go back there again"

I just completed my course a month ago and I wish I never left for so many reasons.
Barcelona is a lovely city - but don't get too excited about it, you'll just see some parts of it going to the Codeworks facilities. Because classes are Monday to Saturday... Read More

I wanted to learned Full Stack Javascript and was not disappointed. The staff is amazing and can break down complex things into easy steps - especially Arols live coding sessions are worth the money!

The most important thing about this bootcamp is not that they teach you how to code (and they do it pretty well), it is that they show you how to find solutions to your problems by reading documentations. For me it turned out to be the most valuable skill after leaving the bootcamp.

The athmosphere is amazing. There are great students, great staff, and amazing teachers and TAs. I had never the feeling of being uncomfortable.
At the end of the course there is a hiring week where they invite companies that are interested in developers.

I can't recommend this course enough - go there and start an exiting carreer!

1/21/2019
  • Nathalia Rus | Front-end engineer

"Excellent."

I waited a bit before writing my review as I had taken some time off before applying: I needed to make up my mind on where I wanted to live, which role, etc. I had therefore little visibility on how I would perform compared to the rest of the "market".... Read More

1/19/2019
  • Dave Martinez | Frontend Developer
  • Graduated: 2018

"Mind-blowing - Highly recommended"

If you're reading this, chances are that you are thinking about attending Codeworks and want to read about the experience from previous students. I did the same exact thing before I applied to the bootcamp and I was grateful that others took the time... Read More

Before I continue, let me give you some context... I've always loved logic and I learned how to program at an early age. Having said that, I was looking for guidance to get a clear picture of all the elements involved in software development (building, testing, deployment, etc). That's why I applied to Codeworks.

I was looking for something that forced me to step out of my comfort zone and Codeworks certainly did that. I knew the experience was going to be quite intense (12 hours a day, 6 days a week for 3 months) but I have to say that I enjoyed every moment of it and I've made some great friends along the way.

You might be wondering if having a background in programming is necessary to attend the bootcamp. I don't believe that's the case. Many students came from other disciplines but had a genuine interest in coding. I have nothing but admiration for them. It was really cool seeing those students pick up new technologies and solve really challenging problems.

Even though the bootcamp focuses mainly on JavaScript, it prepares you for the unknown. Technology changes at fast pace and they acknowledge that. It is for this reason that they focus on the foundations over which technologies are built instead of teaching you a given implementation. By doing so, you can pick up new technologies and frameworks in no time - A skill that you surely require in the industry.

The instructors are really knowledgeable and they always come up with interesting and challenging problems to solve. In addition to that, you have Teaching Assistants (TAs) who are always willing to answer any questions you might have and engage in conversations about the best way of approaching a given problem.

I personally think that programming is not something you learn by just listening to theory. You need to practice. A hell of a lot! That's why I was glad to see that Codeworks is a hands-on bootcamp in which you do a lot of practical exercises. It also forces you to think outside the box with a daily challenge. After each theory session, you'll get to do pair programming with one of your fellow students.

On the second part of the bootcamp, you get to develop 3 projects which allow you to apply all the things you've been learning. The goal is to create applications from start to finish and present them in front of the other students and instructors.

Another great thing is that the bootcamp organizes regular public events which are really inspiring and allow the students to network with people from the industry.

The last week on campus is dedicated to do training for job interviews, prepare an attractive portfolio and meet with companies that are currently hiring.

Last but not least, they have a team devoted to give career advice to students and alumni. I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical at first, but the careers team was really helpful and their advice was key to finding the best job opportunities. Heck! I ended up accepting a nice offer and I'm working as a Frontend Developer now!

All in all, I have to say it was a really good experience and I would recommend it to anyone who's interested in coding as a career.

Best of luck!

1/15/2019
  • Arturo Moreira Santos
  • Graduated: 2018

"Great experience, learned tremendously"

I just graduated in December and Codeworks was an amazing experience.

It is definitely very challenging and intensive, but the instructors and TAs are always very helpful, the infrastructure is extremely good and having colleagues that are just as dedicated... Read More

I can definitely recommend the course for those who want an intensive and immersive experience.

Codeworks's average rating is 4.96 out of 5.0 based on 73 review(s).