To start, I am a grad and I was just hired for my first web developer job!!!
I'm super pumped to get started and can't thank the codify team enough. Everyone put in so much time with me I felt like part of a family.
Here's basically how the course works:... Read More
1. You prep for class by watching videos and reading (I'd recommend coding a bit too).
2. You attend class and learn to use what you just studied in real world applications. If you don't prep, it's hard to follow along, a mistake I made once.
3. You start applying for jobs when you feel ready, this could be week 1 or week 16, it's up to you. But the mentors will push you to apply earlier which I would recommend now that I've gone through the hiring process. They're not kidding when they say the sooner you apply the sooner you'll get hired.
4. They help you put together your portfolio, resume, cover letter, and all your online stuff (linkedin, github, codepen, etc.).
5. Then you start applying. If you don't get interviews they help figure out why. Once you start getting interviews, they help with interview prep. For me, they helped me with phone interviewing and in person interviewing both technical and not technical. If you're really worried about the interview process I know other students who paid for other professional help which worked well for them too. They basically doubled down on the professional interview help. If you have the money, why not right?
6. You get hired and celebrate like me!!!
If you read this and end up going to codify you've made the right choice :)