Epicodus

Courses: C# and React, C# and React (Part-Time), Intro to Programming (part-time evening), Ruby and React, +-3 more.
Ruby and React

Online, Seattle, Portland, +-5 more.
Portland.

About Epicodus

Epicodus is a coding bootcamp that focuses on collaboration and inclusivity. Students work together in pairs and teams almost every day, and a diversity, equity, and inclusion approach is a core part of the program design.

Epicodus offers part- and full-time... Read More

Epicodus's classes also includes job search preparation for students. Career advisors meet one-on-one with every student to review resumes and cover letters, practice interviewing, and even go over job applications in class. After completing the coursework, students are placed in hand-selected internships with tech companies at no extra cost, allowing them to begin their job search with coding experience already on their resumes.

Job Outcomes

Not Employed 39%
Unemployed and still seeking a job 31%
Unemployed and not seeking a job 9%
Non-reporting 8%

This bootcamp uses the CIRR methodology. All CIRR members use a standardized, one-page format. To ensure complete accuracy, CIRR reports account for each enrolled student. You can compare outcomes with other CIRR members side-by-side. Learn more about CIRR.

C# and React

Locations: Online, Seattle, Portland

Each track begins with a 3-week Introduction to Programming course to learn the fundamentals of programming. After completing this course, you'll be able to build basic web pages and understand programming fundamentals.

Next, you'll spend four weeks learning Intermediate JavaScript skills. Students who learn how to code in JavaScript will be able to add interactivity features to a site and update pages quickly without reloading.

After completing JavaScript, students will spend seven weeks learning C# and .NET, which are both developed by Microsoft. Students who are well-versed in C# programming can use it to create client applications, database applications, distributed components, and much more.

The final six weeks of the in-class portion of Epicodus is spent learning React. React is a JavaScript library used to create dynamic, interactive user interfaces. It allows a site to quickly update many different elements at once without reloading the page. Since its development at Facebook in 2011, it has exploded in popularity.

After completing the in-class portion of the program, you'll spend five weeks (or 150 hours) at an internship with a tech company.

After completing the in-class portion of the program, you'll spend five weeks at an internship with a tech company. As part of Epicodus, local companies host students as full-time interns. It's a chance for students to learn about how development works in the real world, and a chance for companies to work with talented developers in the making. Internships are included at no additional cost to students.

Subjects: C#, CSS, Git, HTML, jQuery, MySQL, Bootstrap, Command Line, Heroku, ASP.NET, Software Test Automation, Behavior Driven Development (BDD), JSON, NPM, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Typescript, .NET, React.js, SQL, AngularJS, Node.js, Database Design, JavaScript, ASP.NET MVC

C# and React (Part-Time)

Locations: Online, Portland, Seattle

We offer our full certificate program in a part-time format. This track covers the same material as the full-time program.

Our part-time program starts with 40 weeks of class from 6-9pm Pacific Mondays to Wednesdays and 9am-5pm Sundays. Afterwards, we’ll support you in preparing for and securing yourself an internship; you'll put in 80 hours of preparation and at least 150 hours at your internship, on a schedule of your choosing.

Each track begins with an Introduction to Programming course to learn the fundamentals of programming. After completing this course, you'll be able to build basic web pages and understand programming fundamentals.

Next, you'll learn Intermediate JavaScript skills. Students who learn how to code in JavaScript will be able to add interactivity features to a site and update pages quickly without reloading.

After completing JavaScript, students will learn C# and .NET, which are both developed by Microsoft. Students who are well-versed in C# programming can use it to create client applications, database applications, distributed components, and much more.

The final in-class portion of Epicodus is spent learning React. React is a JavaScript library used to create dynamic, interactive user interfaces. It allows a site to quickly update many different elements at once without reloading the page. Since its development at Facebook in 2011, it has exploded in popularity.

Subjects: C#, .NET, React.js, JavaScript

Intro to Programming (part-time evening)

• Cost: $100 - $100
Locations: Online, Seattle, Portland

This course is for absolute beginners to learn the fundamentals of programming. After completing this course, you'll be able to build basic webpages and understand programming fundamentals. No coding experience is required, but computer proficiency is necessary.

Here's some of what we'll cover:
* HTML and CSS: the presentation and styling languages of the web
* Git: the tool programmers use to track their code
* Command line: the tool programmers use to interact with their computers
* Markdown: a simple language for documents
* JavaScript: the programming language of the web
* jQuery: a JavaScript library for making interactive web pages
* Bootstrap: a framework for easily creating good-looking websites

Ruby and React

Locations: Online, Portland

Our focus is to prepare you for a career in the growing tech industry. Learning to code is a valuable skill that employers are constantly searching for in web development and design careers.

Each track begins with a 5-week Introduction to Programming course for beginners to learn the fundamentals of programming. After completing this course, you'll be able to build basic web pages and understand programming fundamentals. No coding experience is required, but computer proficiency is necessary.

Next, you'll spend five weeks learning Ruby. Ruby is a programming language focused on simplicity and productivity. It has an elegant syntax that is natural to read and easy to write. The Ruby programming language is most commonly used with the Ruby on Rails framework. Each track also includes a 5-week JavaScript course.

Each track also includes a 5-week JavaScript course. After studying Ruby you'll jump into five weeks of JavaScript, the only programming language understood by all web browsers, making it the most common language for web and mobile development. Students who learn how to code in JavaScript will be able to create simple to complex web pages, add interactivity features to an existing site, and update pages quickly without reloading.

Next, you'll spend five weeks learning React. React is a JavaScript library used to create dynamic, interactive user interfaces. It allows a site to quickly update many different elements at once, without reloading the page. Since its development at Facebook in 2011 it has exploded in popularity.

Finally, you'll spend five weeks at an internship with a tech company. As part of Epicodus, local companies host students as full-time interns. It's a chance for students to learn about how development works in the real world, and a chance for companies to work with talented developers in the making. Internships are included at no additional cost to students.

Subjects: CSS, Git, HTML, jQuery, Sinatra, Bootstrap, Command Line, Heroku, Ruby, Behavior Driven Development (BDD), JSON, NoSQL, NPM, Angular, React.js, SQL, Node.js, JavaScript

Epicodus Reviews

Overall

4.83/5

11/3/2020
  • Anonymous | IT Project Manager
  • Graduated: 2020

"Transformational Experience"

I found the part time program very rewarding. Due to onset of Covid our class went from on-site to online midway stage (I preferred the on-site version) but in terms of material and what not the whole experience was very rewarding. Plus the course fee... Read More

9/12/2020
  • Adela Darmansyah
  • Graduated: 2020

"Overall Awesome Program!"

Epicodus jumpstarted my career change as a nurse turned developer. The school provided a safe, positive and inclusive learning environment and most importantly, an internship and a solid tech networking. It's an awesome program and I highly recommend... Read More

6/16/2020
  • Graduated: 2019

"A great affordable school to learn code."

This school helped me to get a job in tech and advance my career. It also taught me to think like a programmer and learn new methods of problem-solving. It was very fast paced so make sure that if you are committed, that you will see this program through.... Read More

11/18/2019
  • Kate Kelly

"Great Intro Course!"

The Epicodus Intro to Programming course was a fantastic way to dive into the programming world for a beginner. As someone who has never taken a programming course, it was easy for me to follow along with the course work at my own pace each week while... Read More

11/11/2019
  • Colman Currie
  • Ruby and React

"Positive experience!"

Still fairly new here at Epicodus, but my experience so far has been awesome. I was recommended by several friends to go to this bootcamp and a few weeks in I understand why so many friends had a great experience. The coursework is very challenging, encourages... Read More

10/10/2019
  • AVERY GREY
  • Graduated: 2019

"If it seems too good to be true, it is"

I attended only the intro course, so I don't know about the majority of their material. I do know that what I experienced was somewhere between marginally adequate and a total mess. The content was meandering and confusing. Michael, the director, made... Read More

10/8/2019
  • Azamat Bekmuratov

"Great experience!"

Before joining Epicodus, I made a market research about coding bootcamps in Seattle area, and Epicodus was one of the best options on the market with affordable pricing for 27-week intensive program, curriculum including front-end and back-end technologies... Read More

10/8/2019
  • Azamat Bekmuratov
  • C# and React

"Great experience!"

In Epicodus, I went from basic knowledge in programming to being able to write code in such widely used languages as C# and JavaScript. And by the end of the course I learned how to build complex web applications from the ground up using different programming tools. But most important, having 5 weeks of real world work experiences was worth the value of the course.

I would say that Epicodus is great start for prospective developers and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a career in tech industry.

10/2/2019
  • Theary Im
  • Graduated: 2019

"Good experience. Got a job!"

I started Epicodus with a goal of learning enough about coding to create opportunities to change my career. Naturally, changing a career means that I need to know enough to get a job doing this. I can say upfront that Epicodus helped me accomplish that... Read More

I was brand new to coding when I started at Epicodus. I had never worked in the IT industry. The majority of my career I spent in the medical industry. Like other students with no coding experience, I found the subject of programming to be extremely challenging with plenty of days full of confusion. In fact, I had thoughts at multiple points that I wasn’t going to be able to do this. However, I am proof that having the right educational opportunity and support system as Epicodus provided makes it possible.

I really enjoyed the learning environment and especially that it was onsite. It’s very helpful to have the support of others around you who are going through the same learning curve and the same challenges. Epicodus structured our program by having us work directly with others in a project-based learning environment and this naturally encouraged the formation of relationships that were important for me to make it through this program. The pair programming was often very helpful because there are people with varying degrees of experience and this enabled those of us with less experience to learn from them. Additionally, I thought it was helpful learning to work in real-life scenarios where we as people sometimes agree and sometimes don’t. It definitely helped me learn how to get the work done regardless of the difference in perspectives and to deliver on time. I also really enjoyed the support of the instructors. They were very friendly and encouraging at all times. This goes a long way when you are having a rough day learning to code. They had enough experience to help get me on the right track when I got lost.

Throughout the week there were other real-world skills that we were learning including how to work with source control (Git), how to conduct a scrum stand-up and practice solving algorithms on a whiteboard. I needed to know something about all of these aspects in the various interviews I had. There are times when I would have liked a little more one-on-one coaching but there was a silver lining to that. I was increasingly getting used to the idea of relying on myself to find the answers. Each day as I go to work now, I find that the ability to seek out and find the answers yourself is a crucial skill to do this for a living.

After I graduated, I had no shortage of interview opportunities around the Seattle area. I applied to just about everything even when I wasn’t sure I was qualified for it. Epicodus helped me polish my resume and my LinkedIn as part of their career support. This was especially helpful since I was new to IT.

All said and done, Epicodus was a great value especially for the price and I would recommend this school to others who are looking to get their foot in the door. Key things that you need to know before you start this is that determination and grit are the most important things. There will be days when you are sure that this is too hard for you. It will be much easier to quit. The important thing to understand is that you only need to survive. You will learn enough to open doors if you don’t quit. If you’ve never done coding before, expect it will likely be the most challenging educational curriculum of your life. When you get your first job, it will feel worth it. And I want to say it’s very nice to make the most money I’ve ever made while having a career that allows me to be creative on a daily basis. I really appreciate the opportunity that Epicodus created for me.

5/29/2019
  • Charles McGowan | Freelance Full Stack Web Developer
  • Intro to Programming
  • Graduated: 2018

"Pretty good value for the money"

I would say that my overall experience there was pretty great. Pair programming can be a struggle, and sometimes it felt like I was banging my head against a wall, but overall I learned a lot from the instruction given.

I think the key to success was... Read More

The cirriculum was dated, and sometimes help wasn't available very quickly from instructors, but the lack of help was rare, all things considered. I did feel like the staff was stretched thin, but that was my perceptions, perhaps on the other side of the table it's a different story.

The dated cirriculum was a bit frustration, but I can imagine with little staff to update the cirriculum, it wasn't easy to stay on the cutting edge. The other thing though... having gone through it, I realized that the cutting edge isn't necessarily the best place to be because it's often not vetted properly, so I became less frustrated with the dated cirriculum as I realized that, yes it's dated... but also it just works without unanticipated bugs. Most of the bugs we'd run into from our stacks would have solutions if we dug for them. Had it been the newest stuff, we'd be debugging javascript based issues without pre-existing solutions, which could drastically slow things down potentially.

Overall I'd say it was a great experience, and nothing beats the value of the internship that they placed me in. Having even 5 weeks of real world work experiences was worth the value of the program without a doubt.

Epicodus's average rating is 4.83 out of 5.0 based on 152 review(s).