Ironhack

Online, Sao Paulo, Paris, Lisbon, +6 more.
Berlin, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Madrid, Miami
Best Bootcamp

Ranked 2021 Best Bootcamp

About Ironhack

Location: Online, Sao Paulo, Paris, Lisbon, Berlin, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Madrid, Miami

Ironhack is a global tech school with 9 campuses worldwide, located in Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, Mexico City, Lisbon and São Paulo. Ironhack offers bootcamps and part-time courses in Web Development, UX/UI Design, Data Analytics... Read More

With more than 6.000 graduates working at companies like Google, Visa, Twitter, Rocket Internet and Orange, among others, Ironhack has an extensive global network of +600 partner companies. Post graduation, all students have access to career services, which prepare graduates for their job searches and facilitate interviews in their city's local tech ecosystem.

Web Development Bootcamp

Cost: $12,000
Duration: 9 weeks
Locations: Online, Lisbon, Mexico City, Barcelona, Berlin, Madrid, Miami, Paris, Sao Paulo, Amsterdam
In-person Available Online

This course enables students to design and build full stack JavaScript web applications. Students will learn the fundamentals of programming, with a big emphasis on battle-tested patterns and best practices. By the end of the course, students will have the ability to evaluate a problem and select the optimal solution using the language/framework best suited for a project’s scope.

In addition to technical skills, the course will train students in how to think like a programmer. Students will learn how to deconstruct complex problems and break them into smaller modules.

However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing. A good programmer has a general understanding of the various programming languages and when to use them. A great programmer understands the fundamental structure and possesses the ability to learn any new language when required.

Web Development Part-Time

Cost: $13,000
Duration: 24 weeks
Locations: Online, Lisbon, Barcelona, Madrid, Miami, Paris, Sao Paulo, Amsterdam, Mexico City, Berlin

CSS, HTML, React.js, Node.js, JavaScript

UX/UI Design Bootcamp

Cost: $12,000
Duration: 9 weeks
Locations: Online, Mexico City, Miami, Berlin, Madrid, Paris, Lisbon, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Barcelona
In-person Available Online

This 9 week immersive course is catered to beginners with no previous design or technical experience. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas by going through the design process starting with User Research, Rapid Prototyping and ending with User Testing & Iteration.

Students will then learn how to take their designs a step further by coding the prototype using front-end web development skills in HTML, CSS & JavaScript. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch.

By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as full-stack UX/UI Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.

CSS, HTML, UI Design, UX Design, User Research

UX/UI Design Part-Time

Cost: $13,000
Duration: 24 weeks
Locations: Online, Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona, Mexico City, Miami, Paris, Amsterdam, Lisbon, Sao Paulo
In-person Available Online

This 6-month flexible & immersive course is catered to beginners with no previous design or technical experience. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas by going through the design process starting with User Research, Rapid Prototyping and ending with User Testing & Iteration.

Cyber Security Bootcamp

Duration: 12 weeks
Locations: Online, Sao Paulo, Paris, Lisbon, Berlin, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Madrid
In-person Available Online

The Ironhack Cybersecurity Bootcamp covers the hands-on and practical skills necessary for Bootcampers to land high-paying careers in cybersecurity, one of the world’s fastest growing industries.

The bootcamp is an accelerated cybersecurity training program designed to successfully prepare people with little or no background in IT for entry level jobs in cybersecurity, a highly in-demand and lucrative career path. The Bootcamp is delivered in a blended format at a Cybint Certified Center with both on campus learning and online self-paced activities.

Cyber Security

Cybersecurity Part-Time

Cost: €7,500
Locations: Online, Sao Paulo, Paris, Amsterdam, Madrid, Barcelona, Mexico City, Lisbon, Berlin
In-person Available Online

The Ironhack Cybersecurity Part-time course covers the hands-on and practical skills necessary for Bootcampers to land high-paying careers in cybersecurity, one of the world’s fastest growing industries.

This course is an accelerated cybersecurity training program designed to successfully prepare people with little or no background in IT for entry level jobs in cybersecurity, a highly in-demand and lucrative career path. The Part-time course is delivered in a blended format at a Cybint Certified Center with both on campus learning and online self-paced activities.

Cyber Security

Data Analytics Bootcamp

Duration: 9 weeks
Locations: Online, Madrid, Paris, Miami, Barcelona, Sao Paulo, Lisbon, Amsterdam, Mexico City, Berlin
In-person Available Online

his course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 9 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.

Data Analytics

Data Analytics Part-Time

Cost: €8,000
Duration: 24 weeks
Locations: Online, Miami, Amsterdam, Lisbon, Mexico City, Paris, Berlin, Barcelona, Sao Paulo, Madrid
In-person Available Online

This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 24 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.

Git, Python, Machine Learning, Data Analytics, SQL, R Programming

Ironhack Reviews

Ironhack logo

4.83/5 (1155 reviews)

Kaysser Kayyali

7/31/2015

"My life-changing experience"

The program at Ironhack Miami is one that I'll remember for the rest of my life. From day one you are immersed in programming culture and basically hand-held for the first 1-2 weeks.
They start from the basics, and build your programming chops from the... Read More

Anand Kumar

7/8/2015

Full-time Web Development Bootcamp

"Beautiful experience"

I’m Anand from Malaysia,I studied I.T from London Metropolitan University and the last time i code was 10 years ago. I am a Web Designer,Graphic Designer and a UI Designer. Over the past years i have ventured into many other work including producing Reality... Read More

I chose Ironhack because of its reputation as the best Coding BootCamp in Europe and it was nearer for me since I came from Malaysia.

The methodology is good as far as it is concerned, i have never been to other bootcamps, so I can’t really say much about it. It would be nice if you can suggest extra one month or something for those beginners before getting into the main class, so everyone will be in the same level and understanding.

Teachers are good and was able to cope with all our questions and ramblings, also my classmates were totally amazing, they were part of the whole study as well, without them I don’t think I would have totally survived the bootcamp.

The things I like the most: free beers, good classmates, environment and the people .

The most difficult part for me was Coredata. Trying to grasp everything everyday was difficult, everyday we were learning something new and had no time for recap and remembering.

My final project was Menu Del Dia app which shows the menu del dia of the restaurants nearby to the user. Its a simple and straightforward app.

Too early to say anything about Careers...well i think so far so good, lets see how its goes.

I would recommend Ironhack to everyone because it’s a very good place to have a feel of what is coding all about and the excitement of it.

Javier García-Vidal

7/1/2015

"A unique experience"

Ironhack is certainly a unique experience, in my case I am a computer science engineer. Since the first day I noticed that Ironhack has nothing to do with what I studied at university, where what they taught was really outdated. Courses were oriented... Read More

The community I created with my fellow colleagues at Ironhack is magnificent and today we remain as a small family where we all help and cooperate with each other for a common benefit.

In Ironhack you can get the ability to develop projects that you have previously thought about but you weren’t able to develop because you didn’t have the tools and knowledge you need. That was what happened to me, I have an idea before arriving and was not able to carry it out. But I could make it for the Hackshow at the end of the course and I proved myself that I could do it.

Also they have advised me magnificently on how to orient my professional profile online and prepared me to face interviews, coding challenges and to negotiate my starting salary.

Many friends ask me if I will recommend Ironhack and I have no doubt, it´s a great experience I wilI repeated again without hesitation.

Marian Martínez

6/18/2015

Overall

"Ironhack is the best course to start a career in web development."

I started to study Higher Technician in Computer Network Systems Management in 2010 and it was during this period when I discover the world of programming and I was totally hooked. After that, I was working as full stack web developer in a marketing online... Read More

From my point of view, Ironhack is the best course to start a career in web development. You will learn not only all the best practices and all the technologies required and used by the leading companies, but also you will be involved in a great and different experience where teachers and classmates work and practice together to get the best from every hour.

Teachers are all excellent professionals with a huge working experience so learn from them has been a pleasure and a great opportunity.

All eight weeks of the Bootcamp have been very intense but the hardest week for me was the second one, when I discover how to do TDD and it was very challenging.

Finally, doing a final project where you can practice everything you have learned is essential. In my case, I was working in a learning platform called “Skillstep” where you can create your own learning tracks. To introduce a project at the Demo day was not my goal, so I decided to focus in learn better how to do specific parts of my application and it was good choice. Whether you want only to learn or you have an entrepreneurial profile and you want to know how to develop your project, you will find no better place.

Career support after Ironhack is excellent also, and the “Career Week” a good opportunity to get a good job. Thanks to a coding challenge sponsored by a company that we did last week, I am waiting to close a job offer only a couple of weeks after graduating, so I couldn't be happier at this moment.

H M

6/3/2015

Overall

"Ironhack changed my life"

My experience at Ironhack was very positive one. As a minority and female with limited coding experience, I was doubtful at the beginning if I could complete the program. However, after 8 weeks, I not only completed the program, but also was able to develop... Read More

Before Ironhack, I was in business, doing completely unrelated to programming. I even had a great fear for anything technology. One day I decided to cast off my fear of tech and started learning how to code. Though I was studying dilligently, it was very inefficient. As a responsible adult with responsibilities to fulfill, I thought going to school and learn "how to learn coding" in a short amount of time seemed efficient than reading posts after posts on stackoverflow. And, I am glad to tell you that I made the right decision.

What makes Ironhack very unique was people - my classmates, the teachers and the staff. My classmates were from all walks of life and open-minded, which made me feel ok to ask even seemingly silly questions in the class. I still hang out with some of my classmates even after the program ended.

The teachers were great, too. Though some classes and the curriculum have rooms for improvement such as installing some programs prior to the cohort begins, the lead teacher, with knowlege, passion for coding and teaching, patience and care for each one of us, made my learning experience the excelent one.

The staff. I decided to attend Ironhack because of the staff. Everyone was always thinking about how to create an open and comfortable environment and make the learning experience fun. They provided us many opportunites like happy hour, beach BBQ, and pinada smashing (to release our stress) for us to socialize and have some break. They also set up a weekly meeting where students can provide feedback and share their thoughts. People there were "real."

Lastly, Ironhack provided great job assistance. Of course, I had to do 99% of the work following their strategic advice, but they set up interviews with companies (I received a job offer from one of them), provided useful resources and followed up with me on the phone almost weekly for practical advice and encouragement. As a result, I received a few job offers and am currently working for a growing tech company (where my colleagues know the Ironhack lead instructor).

Ironhack really changed my life.

There are many schools out there with different emphasis but I think the value of going to a coding school is to build skills, confidence and knowledge to continuously learn new technologies. Like myself, many coding school students will probably end up learning something new or maybe unrelated to what they have learned at school. Then, my recommendation is to go to a place like Ironhack where you interact with good people in a good environment where your learning experience will be joyful.

marc mathieu

4/12/2015

"Great Stuff!"

Ironhack was a valuable experience. They managed to efficiently cover a variety of topics while creating a fun environment. Their boot camp structure is very conducive for developing a solid coding base with the skills and knowledge to learn more advanced... Read More

Patricia Henriquez

3/31/2015

Overall

"Challenging experience and wonderful people"

What I got out of my experience with Ironhack was invaluable. I learned a great deal about myself, made friends with wonderful people from all walks of life, and came out with a solid understanding of the web development landscape.

I decided to join Ironhack... Read More

Into the deep end I went. My experience wasn’t all butterflies and rainbows. It was probably one of the toughest experiences of my life. There is a ton of content and it is constantly changing. It is a very rigorous curriculum with an aggressive timeline designed to really challenge you. It put my ego to the test, it made me feel dumb at times, and frustrated in others. The first week and a half I felt like I had been knocked down, but this was done intentionally, which I appreciated after the fact. It got me into gear and forced me to adopt a “can do” attitude. From a personal development standpoint the program helped me learn how to better overcome difficult situations, how to ask for help, and to really understand how detrimental negative self-talk can be to ones progress. From a technical development standpoint I was amazed at how much I learned and how much I was able to accomplish.

I think what really differentiates Ironhack from other schools is their amazing team and their culture of “ the customer is always right”. I really loved and was really impressed by the constant feedback loop they incorporated into their system. It felt like a very intimate experience because they cared about my concerns, my thoughts, and most importantly my progress. They wanted to make sure I was getting everything I was expecting out of the program; an attitude that was adopted by all of the faculty and staff. Overall the instructors were superb. They were experts in their field, good instructors, and always extremely helpful and very respectful.

Vishal

2/1/2015

Overall

"One of my best decisions"

IronHack has been one of the most incredible experiences I’ve lived.

The professors were very good in their fields, always attentive and very close, although some of them never taught before. The TA (Teacher Assistant) was alumni on the first edition so... Read More

I highly recommend IronHack if you want to learn programming with top-teachers, incredible classmates and in a short period of time, but be prepared to work hard every day, because when the say intensive, it’s really intensive.
I started IronHack with almost zero programming skills, and now I’m able to make powerful webs by myself. I never thought of learning so much in this time.

Emily

12/18/2014

Full-time Web Development Bootcamp

Overall

"A frustrating but fun experience, proportioned depending on your needs"

Pros:

Barcelona: The location is beautiful and affordable. I enjoyed living there immensely, was able to meet a lot of locals, and lots of great people in general. It's also relatively inexpensive and very walkable.
Staff: People are really friendly, and... Read More

Cons:

Staff: Despite their friendliness, communication was a huge issue. Even before class started, I missed most of the Hangouts because I didn't realize the times were being posted to Slack. Emails were not returned in a timely manner before, during, and after my session. People were defensive when offered feedback. I was often told "So and so will contact you about your concern." and then silence.
Instructors: Two of our instructors were awful and it felt like they just wasted a week of our time which is a big deal when you are only studying for 6 weeks. We basically had to relearn everything we learned from our first JS teacher. They made up for the bad CSS class by bringing in a great instructor later on, but it meant we lost a day of working on our final project.
Curriculum: It was frequently commented by my colleagues that it felt like we were being experimented on too much and I agree with them. We alternated between JS and Ruby instruction and the context switching was very confusing. They started us off the bat with Ruby and OO which was completely overwhelming for most people our first week.
Visa sponsorship for non-EU: You will probably not be able to find someone to sponsor you for a visa. I wanted to stay and it seemed like it should be doable (I was one of the strongest students in the cohort), but even though there was some interest ultimately what I heard was it's way too hard to sponsor and very few companies are willing to do it. You are limited to large foreign companies and even then it can take 3 months.
Job Assistance: Good or bad depending on your needs. I'm going to move this out of the bullet, so read on below.
We lost internet for a few days and last a ton of class time as a result. They didn't have a contingency plan so we had already lost almost two days before they found us a temp new space. Internet was pretty consistently bad the whole time we were there.

Job Assistance:

They were great while I was still in Barcelona, but as soon as I returned back to the states they went silent. I had previously decided with the cofounder that we would work on Barcelona until I left and then switch to SF. After two weeks of silence (I pinged a couple people during that time), I sent another email and this time they apologized and said it was a new guy's responsibility.

I scheduled a Skype call with the new guy and I thought maybe things would improve. Well, he sent me a list of sites with job postings. And then the next week he sent me another email with one more site with a job posting. In the meantime I was adding the jobs I applied to on to a spreadsheet so they could see my progress.

I did know that they would have less of a network in the states, but the cofounders are well connected. So I knew that it would take more effort on my part. However, job placement is absolutely crucial for any startup bootcamp, and Ironhack is expanding in to Miami. To succeed in the more competitive bootcamp market in the US, you need to cultivate relationships with companies that are specifically interested and willing to hire bootcamp students.

My expectation was that they would reach out to companies and pitch Ironhack and their students– in other words be proactive. What actually happened was they checked my spreadsheet and if they knew someone there they put me in contact. Which is helpful and I don't want to discount that, except 2/3 of those contacts were for companies were I had already gotten myself an employee referral and since their contact wasn't in a position to hire me they couldn't really provide me any assistance. In my opinion this just isn't aggressive enough because if they can't hit a high placement % then they are doing good enough.

Ironhack's response is that they are working hard and this is what they told me I'd get, so if this meets your expectations you wil be fine. If not job placement is really important to you, you may want to look elsewhere.

Tl;dr: Can be good depending on your needs. They can help you get jobs in Barcelona if you are eligible to work there, but if you want a lot of help for a non-EU job search they are limited to providing contacts to companies you've applied to. So far from my cohort the only person placed through Ironhack was hired by Ironhack.

Summary:

It was a fun experience overall, and I don't regret it. I did learn a lot despite the hiccups. However, I can't help but feel like they could have done much better and the communication was consistently a huge issue. I felt frustrated by the time wasted because of bad or unprepared instructors and bad internet. I felt like they missed a lot of important topics such as code reviewing and interview prep. And job assistance didn't meet my expectations at all. So yeah, YMMV. Living in Barcelona though, that I can recommend with no hesitation.

Christina D.

11/13/2014

Overall

"Great Learning Experience in a Beautiful Place"

I'm an American who attended the September 2014 Web Development cohort in Barcelona. I came to Ironhack with little-to-no programming background, though I had dabbled in web design/some front-end stuff in the past and had (unsuccessfully) tried to learn... Read More

Overall, it was a truly wonderful experience. I finished my cohort just a few days ago, and have received job offers and requests for interviews from many different companies around the world, which was my goal. I built my own (pretty great) app from scratch, which I would have never assumed I'd ever be able to do at the beginning of the bootcamp.