Metis

Courses: Beginner Python and Math for Data Science, Data Analytics Bootcamp, Data Analytics Online Flex Bootcamp, Data Science & Engineering Bootcamp, Data Science & Engineering Online Flex Bootcamp, Data Science & Machine Learning Bootcamp, Data Science & Machine Learning Online Flex Bootcamp, +6 more.
Data Science Bootcamp, Data Science Online Flex Bootcamp, Introduction to Data Science, Metis Admissions Prep, Short Immersive Courses, Short Immersive Online Flex Courses

Online

About Metis

Metis offers data science and analytics training via Live Online and Online Flex bootcamps & courses, part-time bootcamp prep courses, and corporate training programs. The Metis Data Science & Analytics Bootcamps provide specialized curriculums with expert... Read More

Career support primarily occurs during a dedicated Career Week that begins right after each bootcamp ends. This additional week, included in the tuition, provides students with laser-focused attention from Career Advisors while they immerse in career-focused workshops, employer panels, and mock technical interviews. Graduates leave qualified for data science and analytics roles. As always, Metis provides graduates access to alumni resources and career support until they’re hired. The Metis hiring network is over 200 companies strong, including Facebook, Amazon, and Capital One.

To apply for the Metis Data Science & Analytics Bootcamps, applicants need to have experience with programming and statistics. Prior to starting the program, students must complete 36 hours of academic pre-work. Metis offers a free, self-paced Admissions Prep platform for those who need to brush up on their linear algebra, calculus, probability, statistics, and Python skills, in addition to part-time, online Bootcamp Prep Courses. Metis is looking for students eager to get their hands dirty by learning new technologies and solving real-life problems, and who have the skills needed to secure entry-level jobs in the Data Science & Analytics field.

For students looking to gain in-demand data science and analytics skills on a tighter timeline, Metis also offers Short Immersive Courses. Each lasts two-to-four weeks and enables students to learn from elite instructors in a unique format that culminates in an end-to-end project they can add to their professional portfolio. If you’re curious about the bootcamp experience, these short immersive courses are a great way to experience how it all operates. Students learn in the same formats taught by the same incredible instructors who teach the bootcamps.

Students who apply by May 17 and enroll by June 4 will receive 30% reduced tuition on one of the Online Flex bootcamp programs.

Metis Admissions Prep

• Cost: Free
Locations: Online

Develop Your Data Science Fundamentals & Prepare to Apply to the Metis Bootcamp. Register Here: https://www.thisismetis.com/admissions-prep

Metis Admissions Prep is a free online tool that helps prospective Data Science Bootcamp students understand more about how to prep for the admissions process and how to gauge their readiness. Designed by the Metis Admissions and Senior Data Science teams, this tool helps students build their Linear Algebra, Calculus, Probability, Statistics, and Python fundamentals. After studying the modules and accompanying exercises, students will feel more confident about their skills and their next step towards a career in data science.

Short Immersive Courses

• Cost: $3,500
Locations: Online

This new offering will enable students to learn from elite instructors in an intensive, full-time format, while also applying what they learned to an end-to-end project that can be added to their professional portfolio. In total we're launching 7 courses, ranging in topics from Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) to Deep Learning Fundamentals.

The first EDA will begin on March 22, 2021.

Subjects: Machine Learning, Data Analytics, Data Science

Short Immersive Online Flex Courses

• Cost: $2,500
Locations: Online

Metis now offers their short immersive courses via an Online Flex format, enabling students to learn from the same expert instructors, while also applying what they learned to an end-to-end project that can be added to their professional portfolio. In total there are 7 courses, ranging in topics from Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) to Deep Learning Fundamentals.

Subjects: Data Analytics

Metis Reviews

Overall

4.9/5

7/31/2015
  • REVANTH GARLAPATI
  • Data Science Immersive Bootcamp

"Excellent experience"

The dedication of Metis' management, administrative, teaching and talent placement staff towards the career development and well being of the students/alumni never fails to amaze me. They deserve an A+ for their efforts in all aspects of program. I cannot... Read More

-Revanth

11/3/2014
  • Ifeanyi Kalu | Software Engineer
  • Graduated: 2014

"Metis -the Ruby on Rails program of the century!!!"

My experience at Metis was AWESOME. I started the program with no experience in ruby on rails, javascript and sinatra. The very talented Thoughtbot engineers who instructed us were amazing as well and they 'know their onions' when it comes to web development.... Read More

10/21/2014
  • Liane Allen
  • Graduated: 2014

"Learn an Unbelievable Amount in a Very Short Time"

I took the Metis Bootcamp over the summer. The engineers who taught the course were at the absolute top of their game, with deep knowledge of the subject, great teaching skills, and a positive attitude that set a welcoming tone for everyone, no matter... Read More

Most of us went in with no real programming knowledge, but we all left with the ability to build, from scratch, a fully functional site, running 3rd party APIs, jquery, coffeescript, popular css frameworks, and everything in between. My family uses the real-time messaging app I built in class as our own private twitter!

But the program doesn't just end when you walk out the door. The job placement coordinator and I are in touch almost daily, and she's *fantastic*, digging up opportunities and resources seemingly out of thin air. As an older student returning to tech from a long hiatus, I'm particularly hard to place, but she's been terrific in finding positions that are "just right" for me and my background. In addition, the events coordinator keeps us in the loop on events happening at which we can network with people in the industry. As a result, I've met some incredibly helpful people, and even got into a very cool crowd-sourced volunteer project that's furthering my skills. I'm having a blast with all I've learned and thoroughly enjoy getting back together with folks from the program on a regular basis, while I continue on this journey to a new career.

LOL! I sound like an ad, but it really is *that* good. It's been a life-changing experience for me, and I'm very grateful to have had the opportunity to spend my summer with such great people.

9/15/2014
  • Rafael Freaner | Ruby on Rails Developer
  • Graduated: 2014

"Cheers to new beginnings."

My experience at Metis has been extraordinary. When I started the program I had almost no experience with ruby on rails aside from the pre-work we had to do which requires you to go through several books and online tutorials. The next 12 weeks really... Read More

6/13/2014
  • Jesse Waites | Ruby on Rails Developer
  • Graduated: 2014

"I was in the first Metis class in Boston"

I learned a ton, the instructors were fantastic, the thoughtbot people were really helpful, and I got an awesome job right out of graduation maing more money than Ive made in my entire life, doing something I really love. 5 stars.

Metis's average rating is 4.9 out of 5.0 based on 105 review(s).