Practicum: Coding bootcamps

Best Bootcamp

Ranked 2021 Best Bootcamp

About Practicum: Coding bootcamps

Location: Online

Practicum Bootcamp is a family of digital re-skilling products. We help people with versatile backgrounds learn a new profession online and kickstart a sustainable career in tech. Practicum stands on the quality of our programs; if you don't secure a... Read More

Practicum offers Software Engineer, Data Analyst, and Data Scientist program. Program costs range between $6,900 and $10,900. Each bootcamp includes full access to an interactive online platform, real-life projects, tutor support from experienced developers, code reviews, online webinars, and live coding sessions. Whether you need help with a task or just a bit of encouragement, there'll always be someone ready to help you.

More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. Our students graduate with professional certificates and portfolios with 6 to 15 projects to show to potential employers. With an average employment rate of 80%, our Career Acceleration program provides graduates with the competitive edge they need to succeed. From resume-building to job offer negotiation, we’ll be with you every step of the way.

Software Engineer

Cost: $8,900
Duration: 46 weeks
Locations: Online

Over this 10-month course, you'll acquire the skills you need to become an excellent software engineer. You'll work on six real, industry-level projects: a webpage made with HTML & CSS; an adaptive website; an interactive social network; a website built with React, a back-end server using Node.js; and a full-fledged independent web application. From the very beginning, we teach our students not only how to code properly, but also how to work with all the professional tools used in the industry — learn as you work, work as you learn. Using this knowledge, you'll fill your GitHub account with polished projects that meet industry standards and catch the attention of employers.

In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, add professional-level projects to your portfolio, and get a chance to receive recommendations for LinkedIn.

Practicum bootcamp stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed.

You will get:
- A comprehensive curriculum covering both hard and soft skills

Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. You'll learn how to implement page layouts, code in JavaScript, build user interfaces with React, develop website infrastructure, and debug code. You'll also learn how to communicate with coworkers and clients effectively.

- Tutor support and code reviews

Practicum’s tutors work in leading tech companies, so they understand the industry and its best practices like the back of their hands. They make regular group video calls with students. And you can always ask for one-on-one meetings if you need help on a project or are seeking career advice.

A professional software engineer will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices.

- Career Prep course and Career Acceleration program

Students will have the opportunity to enroll in our free Career Prep course and Career Acceleration program. Participants will learn how to write a standout resume and a cover letter, create LinkedIn and GitHub profiles, make a professional portfolio, and other employment pro tips. There are one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. We stay in touch during the first two months of employment, to make sure you are confident in your new position.

- Community

More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone. We stay in touch during the first two months of employment, to make sure you are confident in your new position.

Upfront cost: $8,900
Monthly cost: $950

JavaScript, Web Development

Cost: $6,900
Duration: 30 weeks
Locations: Online

Over this six-month course, you will master the skills required to become a data analyst and build a portfolio of 12 projects. The projects are based on real data from various industries (e-commerce, taxi services, advertising, and more) and are designed to highlight a range of skills relevant to business analytics, hypothesis testing, and presenting results.

Project topics include:

- User preferences for a music-streaming service. Find out how the popularity of different musical genres varies depending on the time of day and the day of the week.
- Customer churn for a carsharing service. Identify probable causes of customer churn and test your hypotheses.
- Operational efficiency of an online store. Compare monthly online sales in two cities and produce a report with operational metrics.

You will get:
- A comprehensive curriculum covering both hard and soft skills.

Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. You'll learn to work with data using Python, work with databases using SQL, formulate and test hypotheses, identify patterns, and draw conclusions. You will also learn how to communicate with colleagues and stakeholders effectively.

- Tutor support and code reviews

A professional data analyst will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices.

Upfront cost: $6,900 upfront
Monthly cost: (from $1,250 to $1,100 monthly)

Data Analytics

Cost: $10,900
Duration: 38 weeks
Locations: Online

Over this nine-month course, you will master the skills required to become a data scientist and build a portfolio of 15+ projects based on real data from a range of industries: e-commerce, taxi services, mining, and more.

Project topics include:

- Predicting traffic levels. Train an algorithm that predicts the severity of daily traffic jams.
- Select an ad to display on a community page. If the community has multiple sponsors, you'll want each user to see the ad they're most likely to click on. Your algorithm will predict how likely each click is.
- Predict available time slots for a courier. Train an algorithm for a courier service that predicts which time slots will be used on a particular day.

You will get:

- A comprehensive curriculum covering both hard and soft skills.

Each course is capped by an independent project, and at the end of the program, you'll complete a project incorporating everything you've studied. Project submission deadlines will come every two to three weeks. To keep up, you should be prepared to devote about 20 hours per week to your studies.

- Tutor support and code reviews

A professional data scientist will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices.

- Career Prep course and Career Acceleration program

Students will have the opportunity to enroll in our free Career Prep course and Career Acceleration program. Participants will learn how to write a standout resume and a cover letter, create LinkedIn and GitHub profiles, make a professional portfolio, and other employment pro tips. There are one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. We stay in touch during the first two months of employment, to make sure you are confident in your new position.

Upfront cost: $10,900

Alex N
Data Scientist | Graduated: 2020

6/17/2020

Overall

"Good Data Science course, but there's always room for improvement"

I think Yandex Practicum is a good Data Science course for beginners. We've studied different Python libs like Pandas, Sklearn in the theory exerciser. And we've made a lot of projects as well. Hence we have theory and practise. Community managers, support... Read More

Kristina Pluzharova

6/17/2020

Overall

"Great start to the profession"

With Yandex.Practicum you just start to do things. Education process follows the rule "Less theory, more practice" and this is great! I already finished 1/3 of the Data Science program and wrote 4 projects with real review process (by human). I'm recommending... Read More

Julia S.
University Student | Graduated: 2020

6/13/2020

"Great for beginners!"

I really love this course because it is possible to learn to code even though I never coded before. Before this course, I have tried to learn through many methods, like joining clubs at school and Hour of Code. However, this course teaches very clearly... Read More

Egor Vinogradov

6/4/2020

Overall

"How have I been living without this course?"

Hello comrades! I want to share with you may thoughts about this course. I took Data Analyst course and now I done 4 projects. I have to say that I hadn't any background in code and I didn't know any about statistics, probability theory etc. I think that... Read More

Hsiang An Lee

6/3/2020

Overall

"Data Science with Great Support and Content"

Good content! The course is divided into into many small sprints based around a topic (Exploratory Data Analysis, SQL, Statistics, etc.) with a project on the topic at the end of each sprint. These are further organized into modules where you have integrated... Read More

They have great support as well. Instructors can answer your questions and provide suggestions to your code. Additionally they also have live sessions via webcam as well!

Great experience overall.

Bhadresh Premjibhai Savani
Software Engineer | Graduated: 2020

6/1/2020

Overall

"Project based learning with awesome learning support"

I was part of the Data Scientist track,

The content is really great. Your all questions will be answered within a few hours by instructors in the slack channels. I have never seen such a kind of community support in any earlier online course. I am a Computer... Read More

Every big module has a project which is reviewed by experienced professionals, The review you get really helps to learn better. It was really helpful to me. All the projects and modules need to be completed within the timeline which helps you to make daily learning habits. It has more than 15 projects for Data Scientists track which is the best part.

Online biweekly webinars are learning with fun, The instructor was a former data scientist. He always shares tips and tricks from his experience.

This Bootcamp was a complete package that you don't want to miss, one of the best learning experience.

Daniel Garcia Rodriguez

5/26/2020

Overall

"A Supportive, Rigorous, and Hands-on Bootcamp"

I'm currently finishing up the Data Analysis track (roughly 6 months to complete) as an Alpha tester of which I have found to be a highly positive experience. The program is innovative in its bi-weekly sprint-like teaching approach in which students have... Read More

As a newbie in the tech field I was lost with the number of resources available. My background is in psychology but I wanted to learn how to code to augment my research skills as I aspire to be a data analyst in the tech or nonprofit sector. Being a new field to me I felt really lost about what the whole data analysis process looks and among many other questions. I decided to take many courses on other platforms (ie. Coursera, Udacity, DataQuest) but TBH most of them only taught me the basics and didn't get me an in-depth understanding of the field nor advanced my data analysis skills. Thankfully, I came across the Practicum by Yandex Data Analysis program of which has met and surpassed that need! The courses are tailored to gradually develop the needed skills in data analysis (ie. systems thinking, python, asking great questions etc.) as well as to help you get a more nuanced understanding of what the field will entail (webinar, projects, etc.).

All that to say that I'm very impressed with and happy to be apart of Practicum's Data Analysis program! I have no question to believe that the other programs that they teach (web development, data science etc.) are of the same, if not greater quality. Speaking from my personal experience, if you're truly looking to develop the necessary skills and understanding to become an effective data analyst then this is the program for you.

Maurice Ellis

5/22/2020

"I was nervous"

I was nervous signing up for a bootcamp because I didnt want to spend money, but not fully grasp what I was learning. I didnt just want to copy lines of code, but wanted to understand theory and why I was doing what I was doing.... Practicum does just... Read More

Margarita Sandomirskaia

5/22/2020

Overall

"Full immersion into Data Analysis"

When I was enrolling in the Data Analysis course I didn't know what to expect. Practicum's website was saying that everyone could become a data analyst, but when I was looking at their curriculum I couldn't believe it, looked like rocket science to me.... Read More

Adam

5/19/2020

"Data Analysis rules!"

I've decided to start something new, so I've picked up Data Analysis course by Yandex.
Yandex course covers different topics - from Python to BI and SQL. Everything is explained from the begging, and mentors provide us with additional materials.

There... Read More

I am really happy to be a part of the course!