Practicum: Coding bootcamps

Best Bootcamp

Ranked 2021 Best Bootcamp

About Practicum: Coding bootcamps

Location: Online

Practicum Bootcamp is a family of digital re-skilling products. We help people with versatile backgrounds learn a new profession online and kickstart a sustainable career in tech. Practicum stands on the quality of our programs; if you don't secure a... Read More

Practicum offers Software Engineer, Data Analyst, and Data Scientist program. Program costs range between $6,900 and $10,900. Each bootcamp includes full access to an interactive online platform, real-life projects, tutor support from experienced developers, code reviews, online webinars, and live coding sessions. Whether you need help with a task or just a bit of encouragement, there'll always be someone ready to help you.

More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. Our students graduate with professional certificates and portfolios with 6 to 15 projects to show to potential employers. With an average employment rate of 80%, our Career Acceleration program provides graduates with the competitive edge they need to succeed. From resume-building to job offer negotiation, we’ll be with you every step of the way.

Cost: $8,900
Duration: 46 weeks
Locations: Online

Over this 10-month course, you'll acquire the skills you need to become an excellent software engineer. You'll work on six real, industry-level projects: a webpage made with HTML & CSS; an adaptive website; an interactive social network; a website built with React, a back-end server using Node.js; and a full-fledged independent web application. From the very beginning, we teach our students not only how to code properly, but also how to work with all the professional tools used in the industry — learn as you work, work as you learn. Using this knowledge, you'll fill your GitHub account with polished projects that meet industry standards and catch the attention of employers.

In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, add professional-level projects to your portfolio, and get a chance to receive recommendations for LinkedIn.

Practicum bootcamp stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed.

- A comprehensive curriculum covering both hard and soft skills

Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. You'll learn how to implement page layouts, code in JavaScript, build user interfaces with React, develop website infrastructure, and debug code. You'll also learn how to communicate with coworkers and clients effectively.

- Tutor support and code reviews

Practicum’s tutors work in leading tech companies, so they understand the industry and its best practices like the back of their hands. They make regular group video calls with students. And you can always ask for one-on-one meetings if you need help on a project or are seeking career advice.

A professional software engineer will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices.

- Career Prep course and Career Acceleration program

Students will have the opportunity to enroll in our free Career Prep course and Career Acceleration program. Participants will learn how to write a standout resume and a cover letter, create LinkedIn and GitHub profiles, make a professional portfolio, and other employment pro tips. There are one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. We stay in touch during the first two months of employment, to make sure you are confident in your new position.

- Community

More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone. We stay in touch during the first two months of employment, to make sure you are confident in your new position.

Upfront cost: $8,900
Monthly cost: $950

JavaScript, Web Development

Data Analyst

Cost: $6,900
Duration: 30 weeks
Locations: Online

Over this six-month course, you will master the skills required to become a data analyst and build a portfolio of 12 projects. The projects are based on real data from various industries (e-commerce, taxi services, advertising, and more) and are designed to highlight a range of skills relevant to business analytics, hypothesis testing, and presenting results.

Project topics include:

- User preferences for a music-streaming service. Find out how the popularity of different musical genres varies depending on the time of day and the day of the week.
- Customer churn for a carsharing service. Identify probable causes of customer churn and test your hypotheses.
- Operational efficiency of an online store. Compare monthly online sales in two cities and produce a report with operational metrics.

You will get:
- A comprehensive curriculum covering both hard and soft skills.

Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. You'll learn to work with data using Python, work with databases using SQL, formulate and test hypotheses, identify patterns, and draw conclusions. You will also learn how to communicate with colleagues and stakeholders effectively.

- Tutor support and code reviews

A professional data analyst will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices.

Upfront cost: $6,900 upfront
Monthly cost: (from $1,250 to $1,100 monthly)

Data Analytics

Data Scientist

Cost: $10,900
Duration: 38 weeks
Locations: Online

Over this nine-month course, you will master the skills required to become a data scientist and build a portfolio of 15+ projects based on real data from a range of industries: e-commerce, taxi services, mining, and more.

Project topics include:

- Predicting traffic levels. Train an algorithm that predicts the severity of daily traffic jams.
- Select an ad to display on a community page. If the community has multiple sponsors, you'll want each user to see the ad they're most likely to click on. Your algorithm will predict how likely each click is.
- Predict available time slots for a courier. Train an algorithm for a courier service that predicts which time slots will be used on a particular day.

You will get:

- A comprehensive curriculum covering both hard and soft skills.

Each course is capped by an independent project, and at the end of the program, you'll complete a project incorporating everything you've studied. Project submission deadlines will come every two to three weeks. To keep up, you should be prepared to devote about 20 hours per week to your studies.

- Tutor support and code reviews

A professional data scientist will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices.

- Career Prep course and Career Acceleration program

Students will have the opportunity to enroll in our free Career Prep course and Career Acceleration program. Participants will learn how to write a standout resume and a cover letter, create LinkedIn and GitHub profiles, make a professional portfolio, and other employment pro tips. There are one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. We stay in touch during the first two months of employment, to make sure you are confident in your new position.

Upfront cost: $10,900

Akmal Bekchanov

8/30/2022

Data Analyst

Overall

"Great course, learning by doing!"

I'll start with some background... I recently completed my master's degree at the Faculty of Economics. In the process of studying various subjects related to statistics, I had to deal with data analysis. Many of my classmates were already familiar with... Read More

Jared Rivera

8/29/2022

"I never thought..."

At first, I didn't really know if what I was getting into would be worth it or not. For some one like me, I have done nothing but physical labor my entire life, constantly moving, always using my hands to see the work I have done. Because of this I didn't... Read More

joel rivera
software engineer | Graduated: 2022

8/28/2022

"interesting"

i chose to pursue software engineering because i realized the potential it had to open many doors for me. im currently still a student at practicum but in my short time within the program, i feel extremely confident that once i complete the program, ill... Read More

Shaheen Hadadzadeh
Chemical Engineering, Pharma | Graduated: 2022

8/28/2022

Overall

"A solid bootcamp to help me transition my career"

I don't suppose I can really say how Practicum stacks against similar bootcamps as I have never tried another. I can say that for the price, Practicum seems to be offering some of the best and most applicable curriculum to move into the field of web development/software... Read More

Anonymous

8/27/2022

Overall

"Good introduction to HTML/CSS/Javascript/React"

I'm currently enrolled in Practicum's Software Engineering bootcamp. I've always enjoyed coding as a hobby- I taught myself Python when I was in high school, and I've coded several games in Unity/C#. When I lost my job, I decided it was time for a career... Read More

Joshua DeSantis

8/27/2022

Overall

"An Amazing Online Learning Experience"

For about two years now, I have known that I wanted to be in tech. I didn't really know what I wanted to specialize in at all though and I was kind of looking through Data Science and Cyber Security, but it never caught my eye enough for me to pursue.... Read More

Jennifer Doctor
Elementary Music Teacher | Graduated: 2022

8/26/2022

Overall

"Comprehensive, Beginner Friendly Bootcamp"

When I first decided I wanted a career change, I was overwhelmed. There is an information overload on the internet when it comes to the tech industry. Having no background in the area, I stumbled across Practicum, which markets itself to be made for beginners... Read More

Jeremy Rivera

8/25/2022

"A Meaningful Journey"

I joined because of a friend’s recommendation and I haven’t regretted it. Without any prior coding experience Practicum will give anyone the confidence they need in their own ability. With practical lessons and a fantastic community, Practicum is a fit... Read More

Megan Sheafor

8/8/2022

Overall

"Fantastic school for learning Data Analytics and Data Science"

I decided to get into Data Analytics because of an interest in coding and learning Python. My overall goal is to get into machine learning and automation in sustainable farming and agriculture, and so I thought I would start with the Data Analyst course... Read More

Harvey Dienye
Data Scientist | Graduated: 2022

8/7/2022

Data Scientist

"Data Science Program"

Data science is such a broad field and can be a daunting task for a newbie. Before I started my journey to become a data scientist on Practicum, I was looking for a way to integrate automation and data manipulation into my medical career to help me transition... Read More