Product Faculty

Courses: Advanced Product Management

Online, Toronto

About Product Faculty

Product Faculty offers a part-time 8-week course in product management in Toronto, Canada. The course covers both basic and advanced product management content including PM Foundations, product strategy, roadmaps, agile methods, business, data, and UX... Read More

Product Faculty envisions empowering product managers with the product ethos required to excel in tomorrow’s economy. Students will review the top Toronto tech start-ups and product cases, and receive resume critiques and mock interviews to help strategically translate past experience to a product. This guidance better helps students land a product management job.

As well as receiving catered lunch for every class; upon completion of the course, students earn an Advanced Product Management certificate.

Advanced Product Management

Product Faculty Reviews

Overall

5.0/5

3/3/2019
  • Alice Wang
  • Advanced Product Management
  • Graduated: 2018

"Best PM course in Toronto"

I initially was going to take Brain Station's PM class since I had a scholarship there. What really convinced me to go to Product Faculty is their competitive analysis on the website and Moe's work ethics. The competitive analysis really shows PF knows... Read More

Unlike some other PM courses which are just a brief intro to PM, PF's contents are in-depth and cover all areas of knowledge a PM will possibly need in her career. The in-class activities and final presentations provide really good hands-on experience. The part I personally like the most is the guest speaker. They are all product leaders coming from the best tech companies in the city and Moe has a really good relationship with each one of them to be able to invite them to give a talk on weekends. This gives students really practical advice from industry experts and helps them expand network if they want to switch jobs etc.

I thoroughly enjoyed the course and do think it is the best PM course in the city(P.S. really miss the catered lunch. Super healthy and delicious!). I also really respect Moe not only as my product mentor but also as an educator who is dedicated to educating the next generation of PMs in Toronto as well as an entrepreneur who is not scared of fierce competition from existing dominant players.

11/29/2018
  • Brendan F | Innovation Manager
  • Graduated: 2018

"A Comprehensive and Curated Product Course"

While transitioning into a product oriented role, I decided to investigate some courses to help supplement my on-the-job learning and fill in my experience gaps. After exploring several options, I opted to sign up for Product Faculty because it seemed... Read More

I couldn't be happier with my decision. My cohort was small but diverse, and with my colleagues coming from many different industries and levels of experience there was a wealth of great discussion and perspectives. The course content was much more than just a 101-level overview; over the 8 week program, we introduced and then delved into the core pillars of Product Management, with curated guest speakers and specialists from different fields sharing real world experiences and best practices to round out each class.

Moe was a fantastic instructor, with his curriculum and lesson structure accommodating many different learning styles. Hands-on activities paired with each lesson helped me to immediately apply new concepts as we were exploring them. He is also an excellent resource beyond the classroom, making time not only to help students with any Product related questions, but also for career guidance and facilitating connections.

I highly recommend this course to anyone who is passionate about Product, whether they're starting out towards their PM goals or are looking to solidify their skillset.

11/29/2018
  • Scott Churchley
  • Graduated: 2018

"An excellent place to learn product."

No matter if you are an aspiring PM looking for your first job or an experienced one looking to improve your skills, Product Faculty is an excellent place to learn.

The beauty of what Moe provides is the combination of breadth and depth in learning about... Read More

Whether you have years of product experience or zero, I would highly recommend Product Faculty if you have any interest in product and how you can integrate product thinking into your own work.

11/28/2018
  • Michele Molino | Product Manager
  • Graduated: 2018

"Comprehensive, Hands-on, and Practical"

Hands down, this is the best Product Management course in Toronto! It’s comprehensive, hands-on, and provides tactical insight on how to bring your career to the next level. Being a PM for 3 years, I was looking to advance my PM skill set and get some... Read More

The course begins more broadly with Product Strategy and later guides you through the essential frameworks needed to be successful in a PM role. This included how to conduct user interviews, journey mapping, OKRs and much more. After the first course, I was already applying the theories in my day to day and impressed senior leaders as a result.

Throughout the course, you’ll work through exercises that help hone your product and presentation skills. The use of examples and group work really makes the class conducive to learning. There’s also a lot of class discussion – the other students in the class had PM, Strategy and UX backgrounds, which made for really interesting discussion.

The guest speakers in the class were amazing. Product Leaders across Canada came in to speak about topics like monetization, product strategy, AI/ML and also opened the floor for questions. I don’t know any other product course that has this kind of access to top product leaders.

Lastly, the mentorship and job support Moe has provided me has been extremely valuable. I noticed a significant difference in my resume after Moe’s review. He also offers mock interview prep and overall mentorship which has been extremely helpful.

I highly recommend this course for anyone looking to become a stronger PM or transition into a software PM role. More than happy to jump on a call with anyone considering the course.

9/5/2018
  • Jaz Huang | Product Manager/Founder
  • Graduated: 2018

"The best PM course in Toronto"

Description:
I took the 8 week Product Management course at Product Faculty and have very positive feedback for anyone looking to take the course. I will be happy to speak to anyone who's on the cusp of making this decision whether to go with Product Faculty... Read More

9/3/2018
  • Aseemjyot Bajwa, MBA
  • Graduated: 2018

"Intense course with a ton of Mentorship"

From our very first interactions Moe helped me develop a clear and actionable plan for entering the world of product management. He was insightful, clear and focussed on helping me understand the tools and strategies needed to build a path towards a career... Read More

Within the classroom, the industry experts who visited and shared their insights were readily available for conversations after their talks. The best part within the class was also the class size. With the size limited to 10 students per batch, the students (we) received very focussed attention from Moe and industry experts.

I would highly recommend this course to those who are looking to make a switch to product management. Product management is a highly competitive field, finding the right set of peers and mentors can be crucial for one’s success.

8/14/2018
  • Sayuj Nambiar | Senior Product Manager
  • Graduated: 2018

"Got Promoted 3 Months after graduating"

About 3 months after graduating from Product Faculty, I've been promoted to a Senior Product Manager role at my company. Taking the course at Product Faculty was different than any course I've ever taken. Even before the course started, I was able to... Read More

Let me touch on key points that I liked best about taking Product Faculty's course:

Mentorship/Job Support
Moe has an open door policy that continues after the course ends. He has a large Product Management network in Toronto and even after the course was done, I've gotten on calls with Moe where he's mentored me, done mock interviews to help me prep for jobs and answered product questions that I have. We also have a slack group where Moe continues to share Product events where the alumni meet and answer any of our questions.

Advanced Content with Examples
The course covers all the basics with hands-on exercises and case studies that get the concepts across. The course also goes into advanced topics like choosing the right metrics for measuring product performance, growth hacking, customer journey mapping and many others. The best part is that Moe uses many real-life examples from his experience that drives the point home. This way you aren't getting theory regurgitated to you, you know you are hearing from someone who's done what's being taught.

Guest Speakers
We had AMAZING guest speakers that came and spoke to our class of 10 students. These included the Chief Product Officer at Kik, and other product leaders from some of the best tech companies in Toronto including Shopify and FreshBooks. I can't imagine any other opportunity where we'll get to meet with, and ask questions from such amazing product leaders in a small classroom setting.

If you are considering a move into product management, or if you are looking to improve your PM skills, I would highly recommend Product Faculty.

I know this is a big decision for many people, if you have any questions - don't hesitate to reach out to me

Product Faculty's average rating is 5.0 out of 5.0 based on 17 review(s).