The Tech Academy

Courses: Full-Time C# and .NET Framework Boot Camp, Full-Time Cyber Security Boot Camp, Full-Time Data Science Boot Camp, Full-Time Front-End Web Developer Boot Camp, Full-Time Game Developer Boot Camp, Full-Time Java and Android Developer Boot Camp, Full-Time JavaScript Developer Boot Camp, +15 more.
Full-Time Mobile App Developer, Full-Time Python Developer Boot Camp, Full-Time Software Developer Boot Camp, Full-Time UI/UX Designer Boot Camp, Part-Time C# and .NET Framework Boot Camp, Part-Time Cyber Security Boot Camp, Part-Time Data Science Boot Camp, Part-Time Front-End Web Developer Boot Camp, Part-Time Game Developer Boot Camp, Part-Time Java and Android Developer Boot Camp, Part-Time JavaScript Developer Boot Camp, Part-Time Mobile App Developer Boot Camp, Part-Time Python Developer Boot Camp, Part-Time Software Developer Boot Camp, Part-Time UI/UX Designer Boot Camp

Online, Salt Lake City, Portland

About The Tech Academy

The Tech Academy offers full and part-time boot camps that can be studied online from anywhere in the world. There are no set start dates or study schedules – students can enroll anytime and study on their own schedule.

Students study at their own speed... Read More

The Tech Academy offers six boot camp tracks:
1. Software Developer Boot Camp
2. Data Science Boot Camp
3. Designer Boot Camp
4. C# and .NET Boot Camp
5. Python Boot Camp
6. Web Developer Boot Camp

Every program starts with computer science basics, which is meant to take away the mystery behind technology and lay the foundation on which the rest of the curriculum is built. Students then learn multiple programming languages and skills needed to be a successful developer.

At the end of their program, students participate in a live project and receive job placement training. The live project gives students the opportunity to work on a real-world software development project that they can add to their resume. The job placement training teaches them how to build a technical resume, best networking and interview practices, and all the skills needed to have the best chance at getting a good job in technology.

Graduates from The Tech Academy are trained in several in-demand programming languages and are set up for a long-lasting, successful career in technology. No background or experience is required. Enrollment is open now so you can start today!

Part-Time Software Developer Boot Camp

• Cost: $26,640
Locations: Online, Portland, Salt Lake City

The Software Developer Boot Camp is our premier program. Due to its magnitude and thoroughness, we recommend this boot camp above all others. On this program, students learn seven of the most popular and in-demand programming languages. Graduates of this boot camp are well-prepared for a career in software and web development in a wide range of positions. By the end of their training, students will have a robust résumé. Software Developer Boot Camp graduates are well-rounded, full-stack, junior-level developers set up for a myriad of entry-level developer positions. Languages covered in this boot camp include: C#, Python, JavaScript, HTML, CSS, SQL, and more.

The benefits of the Software Developer Boot Camp:
-This is our most comprehensive and substantial program.
-It has the highest graduate salary and job placement rate of all our programs.
-There’s around 1,000 hours of study content and activities.
-It includes two 2-week Live Projects, providing substantial real-world development experience that can be added to your resume.
-This boot camp covers front-end and back-end web and software development.

Courses included in the Software Developer Boot Camp:
13. Job Placement Course

Part-Time UI/UX Designer Boot Camp

• Cost: $19,974
Locations: Online, Portland, Salt Lake City

The UI/UX Designer Boot Camp covers writing code in Python, creating aesthetic websites and visually appealing programs. Students will learn how to develop user-friendly websites and software. Graduates of this boot camp will be prepared for positions as entry-level UI designer, entry-level UX developer and entry-level web/software developer.

Courses included in the UI/UX Designer Boot Camp:

4.8/5

11/11/2020
  • David Simmerman | Software Developer
  • Graduated: 2020

"Great experience to prepare you for your career"

The Tech Academy's courses were well thought out and provided students with good information while offering help from instructors. The course content itself is not necessarily better than cheaper courses you may find online, which is why I left 4/5 stars... Read More

Official Response from The Tech Academy

Hi David, thanks for the review! Very well done on landing a job before even finishing the Job Placement Course - very impressive! We are adding further bootcamps that take a deeper dive into specific technologies, like the various JavaScript frameworks,... Read More

11/11/2020
  • Graduated: 2020

"Its good if you already have an idea beforehand"

I enrolled in the python boot camp and I come from absolutely no programming experience. I wanted to change my career path and hoped that the boot camp will allow me to learn the fundamentals and be valuable to the job market. So far I have not had much... Read More

Official Response from The Tech Academy

Hello! First off, well done on making it through the Python program. With no background in tech, that's a lot to get through and it takes a good amount of effort and dedication to get through! I'm sorry to hear that your job search isn't going very well.... Read More

10/29/2020
  • Charles Johnson
  • Graduated: 2020

"Great Introduction to Coding"

I'm a recent graduate of the Tech Academy. I came from a non-tech field with minimal coding experience and the Tech Academy did an excellent job of teaching me how to code full stack applications. I went through their software developer course. Their... Read More

Official Response from The Tech Academy

Hi Charles, thank you for the review! Well done on getting through our largest boot camp, and I'm glad you learned a lot in the process.

10/27/2020
  • Lennie Cottrell | FileMaker Developer

"A worthwhile experience"

I am a 31-year-old former teacher who wanted to change careers for a variety of reasons, and I ended up going with The Tech Academy after a recommendation from a friend who successfully changed careers after attending the same bootcamp. I’m local to their... Read More

Essentially, The Tech Academy was a good choice. I am successfully employed in the industry, and though I credit networking and soft skills to getting a job during covid, I wouldn’t be eligible for this job without The Tech Academy. I had some issues with their curriculum structure and I wish there had been more experience with certain technologies, but overall I feel like I have a solid foundation of programming concepts and I have the skills and knowledge to teach myself what I would need to know for a job.

I did the Overview of Software Development bootcamp full time, which is their most comprehensive bootcamp. It includes courses in CS fundamentals HTML, CSS, Javascript, SQL, Python, Project Management, C#, and Job Placement. Since I was changing careers, I wanted the broadest exposure to tech I could get to maximize my career options on the other side. It was definitely challenging, and definitely worth it.

Since it’s so broad, the bootcamp can really only scratch the surface of all of those languages, but as a recent graduate I feel like I could get by in any of them. I definitely still feel like a beginner, but that’s normal for a junior developer. I also feel confident that I can build a website from scratch, and I’m interested in doing some self-study to buff up my CSS skills beyond beginner-level. The Python and C# courses are especially engaging and include team projects where you work on Django and ASP.NET web apps, respectively.

The courses are a combination of reading/learning about terms and technologies, coding along with a video, doing short assignments, and a couple larger projects in each course. One of the projects is building your own portfolio website, which is nice since you’re learning the tech with project you will definitely use later. In my opinion, based on how I felt about each language at the end, the best course was the Python course and the worst course was the Javascript course.

I see people everywhere online talk about jQuery, Node.JS, and React, and these were barely touched on in the Javascript course - it seems like hardly anyone uses vanilla Javascript anymore. I basically feel like I need to start from scratch again with Javascript. It’s such a powerful language but I don’t think I got a good idea of how to use it outside of very basic web interactivity.

There were times when I was frustrated with the structure of some of the courses - I learn by doing, and especially the CSS and Javascript courses spent a little too much time with “code along with this video” while I needed more “Here’s a project, go do it”. There was a lot more of that in the Python and C# courses.

It’s worth mentioning that the team of instructors is amazing! They are super responsive, very patient, and always ready to help out whenever. If one of them doesn’t know an answer, it seems like they work together to make sure everyone’s questions are addressed. There was even a time when I asked a question about something that wasn’t required to move on, and they took the time to help me out anyway even though they didn’t need to.

I got a job before I needed their job placement resources, but I can tell that they put a lot of their energy into helping graduates find work. They promote their students being a part of a learning community by offering weekly round-table discussions and weekly tech-talks, and encouraging students to go to tech meetups to learn more and start networking.

Tl;dr though I had some minor qualms with their curriculum and course structure, their support system is excellent, I feel like I got a solid foundation of programming concepts, and I feel prepared to begin a career in tech.

Pros
-Solid fundamental training.
-A course about computer fundamentals which is worth knowing.
-Super helpful and responsive instructors.
-Flexible schedule.

Cons
-Expensive, but competitively priced with other highly ranked bootcamps.
-Only scratches the surface of popular tech like jQuery, React, and Node.JS
-I wish there had been more Javascript training.

Official Response from The Tech Academy

Hi Lennie, thank you for the comprehensive review! I am very happy that you are employed in the industry and have a firm foundation of programming concepts and feel you can learn what you need to for a job. That's the exact product we're going for with... Read More

10/15/2020
  • Edmund A Jones
  • Graduated: 2020

"Write Code, Graduate, Start New Career"

I lost my job because of COVID. I started this boot camp last year and did not finish. I decided to finish what I started and now I'm so glad I did. I've gone from temp work with no benefits to a 401(k) and a bright career in roughly 6 months. I had to... Read More

Cons:
A little hand holdy with the coding until you get deep in the core programming courses
Not much experience with React and Angular

At the end of the day, I would not have the job and career prospects I now have had I not done this boot camp. You have got to believe and dig deep to change your life.

Official Response from The Tech Academy

Wow, such an awesome and inspiring story, Edmund! Thank you for sharing, and best wishes for you in your new career.

10/13/2020
  • Hanna L Wilson
  • Graduated: 2020

"Excellent boot camp experience!"

I graduated from The Tech Academy in June after completing their Software Development Boot Camp with an added course in Data Science. The school was always extremely easy to communicate with and the material in the courses was easy to understand. I never... Read More

Official Response from The Tech Academy

I'm glad you had a good experience, and thanks for the great review Hanna!

10/12/2020
  • Austin Krzciok

"Amazing Opportunity"

I completed the Software Development Bootcamp and this program is definitely setting the bar high when it comes to coding bootcamps. This is by far the most thorough learning experience i've come across when it comes to learning to code. I was able to... Read More

Official Response from The Tech Academy

Hi Austin, well done on getting through the program and thanks for the great review!

9/25/2020
  • Christopher Pitts

"Great bootcamp"

I enjoyed my time with The Tech Academy. I found their courses to be informative and had fun with many of their projects. Great instructors were always available and prompt with their responses. Also really enjoyed the job placement assistance; this is... Read More

Official Response from The Tech Academy

Thanks for the great review Christopher!

9/24/2020
  • Benjamin Gluck | React/React Native Developer
  • Graduated: 2020

"Not easy, but 0 experience & 0 degree to a full time job"

Full in depth review of the the Academy online Full-Stack Software Developer Program
tl;dr version - it rocks

Full-stack software developer online course review -
This review is mostly for people who have no background in tech or are on the fence about... Read More

A little background about me, I decided on this bootcamp because I knew I wanted to really give coding a try, but with only 2-3 weeks programming experience, just deciding what to learn is daunting. Having saved up some money as a waiter pre-covid, and having free time due to that not really being a job atm, I decided to bite the bullet and try it out. We live in the age of the internet, and info is readily available, there is nothing in this course that can’t be found online; however, if you too are also a beginner who feels overwhelmed by the sheer mass of available information and have the time and funds, I think enrolling in this bootcamp could quite possibly be the most fruitful decision you’ve ever made. Details below (I just spent every penny I ever earned and 6 months full-time, duh I’m going to rip it to shreds, what? I deserve it.)

Courses “The Bad” -
Alright, honest review time - Let me reiterate the fact this is a long course and it is NOT easy to get through, but well worth it and incredibly rewarding. Please take these criticisms as constructive. One problem for me was that courses had no index page to easily refer back to previously covered topics, which when there are some courses that will take you over a month, with close to 500 pages, It’s very easy to lose track. I remedied it with a whiteboard, but rather than going back to browse through old topics I found myself googling them more than I’d like. I was recently told that an index page was in the works, and during my 6 months, every major course I was in was updated, so I imagine that won’t be an issue for long. Gripe two, the person who instructs classes throughout all of the fundamentals of programming the first 3ish weeks, Eric Gross is fantastic, he’s enthusiastic and breaks things down very well. He mentions that he’s an expert at C#, but after the more computer-centric courses he disappears, only to return at the end of each course to say good job, or random snippets to explain general concepts unrelated directly to coding. The other teachers aren’t bad or anything, but Eric definitely was more entertaining (sorry Leigh) it’d be nice to mix him more into the hands on parts.

Courses “The Good”-
The course delivers on all the claims it promises. I have full knowledge of all the fundamentals in the languages and frameworks my course covered (C#, Python, Javascript, HTML/CSS + some bells and whistles). If the in-person campuses open up at any point, I highly recommend that. I didn't realize just how beneficial cooperating in a group environment was until I worked on the live project (which in my case was working on an actual theatre’s content management system). Working as a team and applying everything you learned during the course really helps to iron out the “imposter syndrome”, which is so important right before the job hunt, definitely my favorite portion of the course hands down. Also the project directors rule.

The Online Aspect-
Learning online for hours a day, for six months can get pretty rough (idc who you are). Any time I asked for help during hours via email it never took long for feedback or a zoom call. Studying at home really just feels like you're being self taught, but when you’re really stuck, that help is crucial. How you study is geared more towards an individual, so if you’re easily distracted (like me and my lifelong rampantly ADHD self), you’ll have to strategize as it’s easy to fall behind. I wouldn’t let that deter you though, as everything is online currently, and the fact if you don’t finish, you just wasted what equates to a really nice car is a great motivator (jokes). Once you get over the learning hump and you can start to create things yourself, the work is infinitely more rewarding. I never thought I’d love programming as much as I do. It’s waaay more fun than it looks.

Staff-
The staff was awesome, from the people who handle onboarding and payment, to the live-project directors and instructors, no bad apples there; in-fact, everyone was super cool. Not once did I ever feel like an idiot for asking a question or that someone in a position to help me didn’t genuinely want to help or wasn’t qualified to help, and for a fully fleshed out course with a staff consisting largely of recent graduates, that’s pretty major.

Job Placement-
This is entirely up to you. They can bring you to the lake but can’t force you to drink. Thank Bruce Almighty, I never dealt that closely with job placement, as I lucked out, but I will say I’ve gotten multiple check up calls and insightful input on adjusting my resume, which full-disclosure, I based very closely off the example templates (*cough*copied). I can’t give too thorough a review on job placement, but https://cirr.org/data shows the rate of graduation and employment for The Tech Academy and similar programs. During the program you’d hear many times that those who don’t find employment are usually those who don’t stay with job placement. The data presented there, from my analysis, supports that. The percent of people employed at 90 days post graduation is usually only marginally smaller than that at 180 days, if not equal, and those numbers are generally shared across the board, +/-10%. Everyone has their own situation, and it’s unfair to give blanket statements, but for most people, I can say with a fair degree of confidence that if you apply the same effort to the course as you do to your job search and stay current with job placement you’ll not be disappointed.

If you’re looking to get into software development, and they are hiring what they teach here around you, I can think of no better place to get a full tech education than The Tech Academy (Not paid to say this, actually quite the opposite lol).

I hope this helped someone, maybe you’re insane and actually read it, but all in all, it’s a 5/5 program. You’ll get every dollar you put into it if you’re willing. Transitioning from someone with no prior experience and no degree to speak of, to someone with a career path and more than double what I made previously is a surreal feeling lol.

Check out some hosted projects from the course on my portfolio, atm the big boy from the live project unfortunately is a windows app and I don’t have a windows server. So until I deal with that, probably in a month or so, you’ll have to deal with a very brief overview video of some stuff I worked on. Maybe it gives some insight. Hmu on Facebook or one of my portfolio’s resume links if you have any questions.
Ben’s Portfolio - https://benjamingluck.com (contact form not set up)

Official Response from The Tech Academy

Hi Ben, wow! Thank you for the very comprehensive review! We really do appreciate the acknowledgements and warm words. Super well done on landing a React/React Native Developer job!
You're right, we are adding the index, which we have created and it should... Read More

9/17/2020
  • Patrick Ryan North | Jr. Software Developer
  • Graduated: 2020

"Poker Dealer to Software Developer in six months!"

I scheduled to attend The Tech Academy March 23rd of 2020, saved up my money, and put my two weeks in at my job to spend 6 months off before the COVID pandemic happened. It was coincidental timing with my plans but worked out in my favor. I moved out... Read More

Official Response from The Tech Academy

Hi Patrick, wow! Well done on making this year so productive and making the career switch! Thank you for the great review.

The Tech Academy's average rating is 4.8 out of 5.0 based on 279 review(s).