University of Arizona Boot Camps

Courses: Full-Time, Full Stack Web Development Boot Camp, Part-Time, Data Analytics Boot Camp, Part-Time, Full Stack Web Development Boot Camp, Part-Time, Full Stack Web Development Boot Camp (Online), Part-Time, UX/UI Boot Camp

Online, Phoenix, Gilbert

About University of Arizona Boot Camps

University of Arizona Boot Camps are 24-week, part-time and 12-week, full-time web development, and 24-week, part-time data analytics and UX/UI courses offered in Gilbert, Tucson, Phoenix, and Chandler, Arizona, and online. The full stack curriculum includes... Read More

The data analytics curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, JavaScript (D3.js, Leaflet.js), HTML5/CSS, API Interactions, SQL, Tableau, Machine Learning, and more.

The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, design thinking, visual prototyping and wireframing, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, web prototyping with HTML5 and CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more.

Both the online and in-person boot camp curricula are designed with the most in-demand market needs in mind. University of Arizona Boot Camps aim to empower experienced instructors and TAs to deliver a dynamic learning experience. In either the web development or data analytics course, students will be immersed in an intensive educational experience. Students will benefit from close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through program completion and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, one-on-one career coaching, and more. Upon program completion, students will receive a Certificate of Completion from University of Arizona Continuing and Professional Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or data analytics.

University of Arizona Boot Camps are offered in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Full-Time, Full Stack Web Development Boot Camp

• Cost: $12,495
Locations: Phoenix

This course is a 12 week, full-time web development boot camp. Curriculum includes: HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Java, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Database Theory, Bookshelf.js, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Students will build a portfolio of web applications to showcase their knowledge.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, one-on-one career coaching, and recruiting advice. Students will also have access to a network of boot camp employer partners. Upon program completion, students will receive a certificate of completion from University of Arizona Professional and Continuing Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development.

Subjects: CSS, Git, HTML, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Bootstrap, Command Line, Bookshelf.js, Java, React.js, Node.js, Express.js, JavaScript

Part-Time, Data Analytics Boot Camp

• Cost: $11,745
Locations: Phoenix

This is a 24 week, part-time data analytics boot camp offered in Chandler, AZ. The curriculum includes Advanced Excel, Python, JavaScript (D3.js, Leaflet.js), HTML5/CSS, API Interactions, Social Media Mining, SQL, Tableau, Advanced Statistics, Machine Learning, R, Git/GitHub, and more.

Students benefit from a wide range of career services to position them for success as they work to advance their current careers or seek new opportunities.

Subjects: CSS, Git, HTML, Python, Machine Learning, SQL, JavaScript, R Programming

Part-Time, Full Stack Web Development Boot Camp

• Cost: $9,995
Locations: Phoenix

This course is a 24 week, part-time web development boot camp. Curriculum includes: HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Java, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Database Theory, Bookshelf.js, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Students will build a portfolio of web applications to showcase their knowledge.

Part-Time, Full Stack Web Development Boot Camp (Online)

• Cost: $9,995
Locations: Online

Learn to code wherever you are. The full-stack, online boot camp curriculum includes HTML/CSS, Advanced JavaScript, Ruby, Code IDEs, Git/GitHub, Database Modelling, Complex Database Relationships, and more. Through hands-on projects and lessons, students will complete the coding program in 24 weeks over the course of a self-paced learning path. Students receive support from a variety of channels, ensuring they are never alone throughout their boot camp journey, whether online or in-person.

University of Arizona online coding boot camp gives you the opportunity to “think like a developer.” In addition to learning many of the most in-demand languages and creating your own personal portfolio, you will also partake in an 8-week Agile Team Project that mimics a real-world environment. Students are assigned a piece of the full project (division of tasks into short phases of work and frequent reassessment of adaptation of plans) and then finalize the project together with the assistance of an industry leader who has on average 5-7 years of experience as a software engineer. At the end of this online coding program, you will receive a Certificate of Completion from University of Arizona Continuing and Professional Education, helping you stand out to employers.

Part-Time, UX/UI Boot Camp

• Cost: $10,245
Locations: Gilbert

University of Arizona UX/UI Boot Camp is a part-time course where you will learn both the theory and tools used by modern designers. Get hands-on training in user-centric design research, design thinking, visual prototyping and wireframing, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, web prototyping with HTML5 and CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more. Maintain your current schedule by studying part-time, only three days a week, with convenient evening and weekend classes.

Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond, including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, technical interview training, 1:1 career coaching, soft skills training, and more. Upon program completion, you will receive a Certificate of Completion from University of Arizona and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of your new skills.

Subjects: CSS, HTML, jQuery, UI Design, JavaScript, UX Design, Adobe XD, InVision

University of Arizona Boot Camps Reviews

Overall

2.33/5

11/29/2019
  • Full-Stack Web Development (Online) Part-Time
  • Graduated: 2019

"less than"

In my experience, the U of A bootcamp leaves A LOT to be desired. From students teaching students to a lack of professionalism by the admin team, I dropped out of the program. Im shopping for much better. I actually want a job after my training! This... Read More

Official Response from University of Arizona Boot Camps

Thank you for your feedback. The student experience is our top priority, so we regret to hear the program did not live up to your expectations.

We vet our instructors carefully, hiring practitioners with a minimum of three years of experience in the field... Read More

Like you noted, peer to peer learning is a large part of our program, as it reinforces concepts covered, mimics real-world roles, and fosters a real sense of community. We're always working to optimize our program to best serve the needs of our learners and provide a robust learning experience, so we appreciate your input. If there is anything else we can do at this time, please contact us directly at (520) 917-1930. —University of Arizona Boot Camps Team

11/8/2018
  • Mark Jepperson | Consultant
  • Part-Time, Web Development Boot Camp
  • Graduated: 2018

"Shocking"

As a former Chief Learning Officer at a Fortune 50 company I am shocked at the lack of professionalism, lack of instructional system design, and lack of care for the students themselves. Anyone attending this bootcamp should be forewarned -- you can likely... Read More

Official Response from University of Arizona Boot Camps

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us, Mark. Our top priority is to ensure our students have the necessary support and tools to be successful. From your review, we understand you are unsatisfied with your program experience... Read More

Due to unforeseen events, your cohort did undergo several changes in a short timeframe. However, your instructors and TAs had personal, extenuating circumstances for leaving and did provide us notice of their departure. In light of these unexpected situations, we were able to find immediate and skilled instructional replacements, as well as address the class personally to make them aware of the changes. Unfortunately, one or two students sometimes find it necessary to withdraw from the program; but the satisfaction of those that actively participate and complete the program remains high. We constantly evaluate student feedback and take prompt action whenever necessary. In spite of these events, your cohort currently reports overwhelmingly positive student sentiment and we appreciate everyone's patience during the transitional period.

It is our goal for all individuals to complete the course feeling properly equipped with the knowledge and resources they need to step out into the tech industry. We would truly welcome the opportunity to speak to you personally and assist you in finishing out the boot camp. Please reach out to us directly at (520) 917-1930. — University of Arizona Boot Camps Team

11/10/2017
  • Part-Time, Web Development Boot Camp
  • Graduated: 2017

"I signed up for this Bootcamp as I felt "stuck" in my current position."

I signed up for this Bootcamp as I felt "stuck" in my current position.

I am a Front End Web Developer for a small (quickly growing) company that makes websites for companies. I really liked my job, but got panned for any promotions that came my way. ... Read More

I took this course, and learned Node, React, Mongo, and so much more and it quickly raised my value. The career services portion walked me through how to tighten my resume and online presence. I think overall this helped me the most. Before the program was over I was getting a TON of calls offering me positions in the valley.

My employer quickly took notice and made me an offer. I really enjoy where I work, so I ended up getting what I wanted all along. I honestly can't thank the team that handles this bootcamp enough. Totally worth every cent paid!

Hi Anonymous,

Thank you so much for your review! It’s wonderful for our team to receive feedback like this, it’s terrific to hear that you had such an impactful and positive experience with this program.

We know this course can be challenging, so we commend... Read More

-University of Arizona Coding Boot Camp

University of Arizona Boot Camps's average rating is 2.33 out of 5.0 based on 3 review(s).