2020 SwitchUp Rankings Methodology
SwitchUp's rankings are based on over 15,000 reviews from verified students and alumni, across over 500 bootcamps in operation. Both the total review score and review count were weighted, and an internal algorithm was used to determine the ranking order. Because student and alumni feedback are indicative of bootcamp quality, review score was assigned a higher weight than review count.
To be considered for the 2020 rankings, all bootcamps must help students land jobs in tech through excellent instructor support, curriculum, and career resources. Both part-time and immersive bootcamps are included on this list.
Location ranking lists must have at least 3 rankable bootcamps. To be considered for our locations rankings, the bootcamp must:
- Hold immersive or part-time courses in that location.
- Have at least a 3.5/5 star rating at the time of publication and at least 10 verified reviews.
SwitchUp has awarded merit badges to bootcamps that stand out in key areas. To be considered for a merit badge, bootcamps were required to meet the following criteria:
- Available Online: Offer either part-time or immersive courses that are fully online.
- Verified Outcomes: Offer a job outcomes report that was independently verified by a third-party auditor.
- Flexible Classes: Offer part-time and evening classes
- Job Guarantee: Offer guaranteed job placement after graduation, or the student's tuition is refunded.