Big news for BrainStation's Global Community this week as their online team prepares to launch their full-time Remote Web Development Bootcamp. We sat down with Jason Field to find out more about the program, and learn about BrainStation's unique approach to teaching.
When BrainStation began in 2012, we were inspired to create a platform where students would love learning again. Instead of relying on traditional educational models, we started with a blank canvas entirely focused on the student experience.
This approach drove us to constantly experiment in order to find the best ways to teach digital skills. After training tens of thousands of individuals in topics like Web Development, iOS Development, Product Management, User Experience Design, Data Analytics and User Interface Design, we’ve learned that the best skills training is collaborative and hands-on, focuses on real-world projects, and is led by passionate industry professionals.
At BrainStation, we believe that better access to our content will help us empower millions of individuals and organizations globally. Our Education and Technology teams have been working together to enhance the student experience beyond the physical classroom, increase access to a diverse student body, and teach relevant digital skills. As a result of these efforts, we’re excited to announce that BrainStation’s online learning stream will begin this summer for our global community.
The BrainStation Learning Portal, which we developed in-house, is our proprietary learning management system. It uses the most advanced tools available for curriculum delivery, collaboration, chat, mentoring, and student progression tracking. The Portal helps to support our in-person learning engagements, and simultaneously provides the necessary insights needed to craft the best experience possible.
With the BrainStation Learning Portal, we have created the ultimate online learning experience. We provide a comprehensive learning environment that includes:
- Dedicated instructors who deliver real-time lectures, allowing for 1-on-1 interaction.
- On-demand access to our mentors using built-in functionality that leverages world-class communication platforms. Real-time access is an essential step in replicating the ‘raising your hand’ experience of an in-person class.
- Data-driven interactions with mentors that utilize each student's individual learning data. Our 1-on-1s focus on the areas where students need improvement and allow us to craft individual instruction tailored for each student.
- Goal-oriented coaching from class mentors and our Career Services team helps students stay focused and move toward their program goals. Students identify their goals at the beginning of the course, and update them as needed throughout. These goals act as a "north star" for students' personal and professional development over the intensive 10 week period.
- Quizzes are layered throughout the program content. They are designed to encourage self reflection on the content, the application of new concepts, and serve as a reminder of previous topics. These are essential components in learning a new skill through our Mastery Based Learning approach.
- An active and vibrant community that underpins your entire online learning experience. No one wants to learn alone, and our focus on community, (which we have honed with over 5 years of in-person courses), is evident at each and every step of your online journey.
BrainStation’s full-time Remote Web Development program begins June 19th. If you’re looking to level up to become a full-stack Web Developer, Freelancer or Entrepreneur, you can now learn with BrainStation Remote from the comfort of your own home.
Priority Enrollment ends May 5th. Apply by May 5th to receive $1,000 in BrainStation Learning Credit to go towards the cost of tuition.