Codeworks

Courses: Software Engineering Immersive, Web Development Immersive, Corporate Training

Online, Barcelona, Berlin, London

About Codeworks

Codeworks is an immersive coding bootcamp with campuses across several cities worldwide. You can attend their courses in-person at one of the available locations, or remotely from wherever you are. Programs include 8-week and 12-week full-time software... Read More

All programs cover HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Node, Express, Angular, and React, as well as SQL and NoSQL databases. The 12-week course also covers DevOps, continuous deployment, and systems architecture.

The courses are divided into two sections: theory and advanced programming topics, and applied learning through building complete products. Codeworks aims to help students build complex apps and gain an advanced understanding of JavaScript. Graduates should be able to build entire applications and contribute to coding projects of any size.

Codeworks is tailored for people at any level with a three-part program process. To apply, candidates must first pass an admission challenge. Applicants with no previous coding experience are offered a remote intro course which covers programming fundamentals, basic JavaScript, HTML, CSS, and more. Once admitted into the program, students complete an 8-week, remote pre-course covering intermediate programming topics like jQuery, Git, Developer tools, and intro to APIs. Once students pass the pre-course, they can start the main programming course.

All Codeworks programs include hiring events at the end of the course, including portfolio preparation and tech interview training. Finally, all graduates receive lifelong career support, and become part of an international network of alumni and partner companies.

Software Engineering Immersive

• Cost: €9,800
Locations: Online, Berlin, London, Barcelona

This is the Codeworks flagship course, and the most complete way to get your engineering career started. Throughout the twelve weeks you learn all the skills of a professional programmer and get to build three projects of growing complexity. The course includes one week of career orientation, interview training, and introduction to hiring partners. At the end of the program you're able to make entire applications, and contribute to coding projects of any size. You will learn strong Software Engineering patterns, and understand how to work productively in teams with other engineers.

Web Development Immersive

• Cost: €6,500
Locations: Online, Barcelona, Berlin, London

This program gives you the preparation to become a solid web programmer. Throughout the eight weeks you learn all the fundamentals of functional programming and get to build one personal project.

The course includes two days of career orientation, interview training, and introductions to hiring partners. At the end of the program you're able to build full-stack applications and understand advanced coding topics.This is our shortest course and the fastest way to kickstart your developer career.

Classroom Hours Per Week: 66.0

Corporate Training

Locations: Online, Barcelona, Berlin, London

Training programs for tech companies wanting to ramp up their development teams. We’ve designed intensive programs that can take place at your offices or at our campus. This focused training helps your development team master specific topics. Subjects include advanced JavaScript, Angular, React, and Node JS. Custom programs can be created according to your company’s needs.

Codeworks Reviews

Overall

4.97/5

2/17/2017
  • Graduated: 2017

"Super basic intro to HTML and CSS. Started at 0.0, now at 0.01"

Codeworks was offering a free intro class and I thought, "Why not?" It was exactly what I wanted - just a quick crash course. Over the course of three 2-hour sessions, Alessandro gave us a bit of theory and some practical exercises in a fun, non-competitive,... Read More

1/18/2017
  • Graduated: 2016

"Deep dive in Javascript"

Having some previous experience programming (self-learning) I'm still surprised of the amounts of things I learned during the bootcamp. More focused on the language and other long term developer skills but without forgeting the latest big JS frameworks.... Read More

Overall very nice experience, excellent instructors, beautiful place, wonderful weather but little time to enjoy it, very immersive and intense day to day.

Overall, my time at Codeworks has been worth the money and sacrifice. I’ve leveled up my JS dev skills, and now have hands-on experience using the latest tools and frameworks that are in high demand across the industry. I highly recommend the program to anyone else wanting to do the same.

1/18/2017
  • mapageKA21 | Graduate

"Life changing"

Finished the course on Saturday and got hired on Monday, what else could I expect from a bootcamp? Amazing experience, fun, challenging and useful.

You could choose another school in New York, Boston or London but only in Barcelona you can sunbathe in... Read More

• Thibaut | Business Developer
  • Graduated: 2016

"A great Professional Training : Rich, Intense and Valuable!"

Coming from Business area, I was looking for to acquire the JavaScript FullStack skill, to be able to create my own bots platform.

Pros:
- The quality of professors is really high, they're skilled professionals and passionate,
- The scope of learned technologies... Read More

Cons: Be prepared to disconnect from your social network for 3 months, but if you're lucky as me, your classmates will be some new good friends and supports for your new tech life! ;)

• Varun A | Full Stack Engineer
  • Graduated: 2016

"It was an amazing experience !"

To me Codeworks provides a very comprehensive understanding in Javascript which is rare to find in other bootcamps. It was overwhelming at first with 80 hrs a week / 6 days a week at the bootcamp but due to the immersive experience and great teachers... Read More

I was a civil engineer and only had prior Matlab experience so I had a steep learning curve ahead of me but I am glad I have finished the course and looking forward to the tech opportunities ahead. The campus in terms of facilities is the best I have seen in Europe and would recommend this course to anybody looking to change careers and delve into the world of Full Stack Engineering.

• Ruben | Fullstack developer
  • Graduated: 2016

"A very challenging experience!"

A really nice full-time immersion in javascript ecosystem :) Very intense experience. Still amazed with the amount of things I can put in to my head in just three months. Working with advanced JS and its latest and popular frameworks but with much emphasis... Read More

• Miguel

"Life chamging experience"

so glad i attended codeworks! Amazing experience, in a month ive learned moré than a whole year studying on my own, i can consider myself a professional after finishing the course

12/16/2016
  • Rod R. | Full Stack Web Developer
  • Graduated: 2016

"Intense immersive Javascript course"

I was lucky enough to get into the 2nd cohort that started in November. We're a small group, which I think is a big plus. The knowledge the teaching staff has of Javascript and programming in general is impressive. They're able to give us an overview... Read More

It's definitely an intense and exhausting schedule, but it amazes me how much we managed to cover. It often felt like we didn't have enough time for concepts to sink in, but over time, after working through exercises, things eventually start to click. Otherwise, students took extra time to watch videos or go thru tutorials online to supplement what was given in class lectures. Instructors normally had a sense of when we weren't following the material, so they took the time to explain things further individually, or provide additional lectures to the entire group, and often gave us more time to work on exercises.

I alluded to it before, but one thing to note is that most of the learning materials and tools we were given just consisted of online documentation and tutorials. I believe the intent was to ensure we were comfortable reading through documentation and doing research independently, which is what we would likely be doing in a real-world context on the job anyhow. Another thing to be aware of is that although the course is taught in English, some of the staff aren’t native English speakers, so accents can be rather thick. Some students might potentially have trouble understanding them initially. Nonetheless, they’re all fluent in the language of Javascript, and make an effort to communicate and teach that clearly.

Things were pretty flexible and agile during the course. Since it’s a new program, staff were open to feedback from students, and adjusted content and schedule accordingly. There were also regular meet-ups and tech events that the school often hosted and participated in, which I enjoyed, though they did take time away from our coursework. Regardless, these events provided great networking opportunities within the Barcelona tech community.

Overall, I feel this has been a worthwhile investment of my time and money. I expected to get exposed to all that Javascript has to offer, and improve my JS dev skills. That’s definitely been the case. Highly recommend the program to anyone else wanting to do the same. My advice is to do the pre-course work early, and come prepared for a fun, yet challenging immersive JS experience.

12/16/2016
  • JC Garcia | Software Developer

"Amazing Experience"

I have to thank the proffesionals in Codeworks for their time and dedication.
The program is very well structured course, and very intense...
I would recommend it to everybody that is interested in learning Javascript and benefit from it!

Codeworks's average rating is 4.97 out of 5.0 based on 109 review(s).