CodingNomads

Courses: Learn Java Programming, Learn Python Programming, Java Professional Career Track, Machine Learning + Data Science Course, Python Web Development Career Track, Quant Trading with Python

Online

About CodingNomads

Ranked #7 on SwitchUp’s Best Coding Bootcamps worldwide, and #3 for Data Science, CodingNomads is a small family-run code school that provides a more personal human experience to help you master in-demand coding skills, and have fun doing it!

With a mission... Read More

One of the few bootcamps to teach Java and Python, CodingNomads also offers advanced courses in Data Science & Machine Learning, fullstack Python web development with Django and Flask and Quant Trading with Python.

CodingNomads’ practical, project-based curriculum is fit for beginners and experienced coders alike, so you graduate with a professional-grade portfolio.

With extensive career support services, grads go on to become software engineers, project / product managers, data analysts, data engineers, entrepreneurs and more. CodingNomads also offers expert guidance on launching a remote digital nomad career.

Join CodingNomads’ friendly community of global coders, and gain the skills to live the life you dream of!

Learn Java Programming

Locations: Online

Want to learn strong foundational engineering skills for your job, university, or a career change?

Learn Java - the #1 most in-demand programming language that will open the door to a wealth of career opportunities.

Recognized as one of SwitchUp’s best coding bootcamps for 3 years running, alumni give high ratings for CodingNomads’ comprehensive curriculum, superior mentor support, and enjoyable learning experience.

CodingNomads’ online Java course teaches practical skills needed for tens of thousands of open jobs. As you learn Java, you’ll build several real-world projects for your portfolio. You’ll also learn strong computer science principles that enable you to learn any other language or tech in the future - critical for the ever-changing tech landscape.

CodingNomads offers multiple course format options to suit your schedule, budget and learning preferences. You can choose to simply purchase the course content to complete on your own, or enroll in an intensive mentored program to learn faster with 1:1 support.

Most students finish the Java course in 3 months working 15 hours / week with mentor support, and discounts are available for students who finish the course faster. Please check CodingNomads’ website for additional format and pricing options.

Subjects: Git, Github, Command Line, Database Management, Object Oriented Programming (OOP), Java, SQL, Algorithms, Database Design, Data Structures, Back-End Web Development

Learn Python Programming

Locations: Online

Want to learn Python to build your own products and boost your career?

Python is one of the easiest programming languages to learn, and an extremely valuable skill needed across every industry.

CodingNomads’ online Python course teaches you to build your own software applications from scratch that interact with APIs and databases. It also prepares you for our advanced Python courses in fullstack Python web development, Quant Trading, and Data Science & Machine Learning.

Named one of SwitchUp’s Best Online Coding Bootcamps, we make learning to code fun and productive with a project-based curriculum, and a team of knowledgeable mentors who care about your success.

Most students finish the Python course in 3 months working 15 hours / week with mentor support, and discounts are available for students who finish the course faster. Please check CodingNomads’ website for additional format and pricing options.

Subjects: Git, Github, Command Line, Database Management, API, Python, Object Oriented Programming (OOP), SQL, Database Design, Data Structures

Java Professional Career Track

• Cost: $6,500
Locations: Online

Java has been the #1 most in-demand programming language for decades, making it an incredibly valuable asset for your career. CodingNomads’ Java Training Career Track teaches the professional skills you need to tap into the vast and lucrative job opportunities for Java developers.

In our Professional Java course you will build a portfolio of complex software applications from scratch. Once you learn Java, you will also possess the computer science skills needed to tackle any software challenge thrown your way. Students who learn Java are also able to learn any other programming language more easily afterward, making Java a great language for beginner coders.

The Java Training Career Track also includes 6 months of intensive career support to help you find work quickly and efficiently. Our Java course grads go on to become software engineers, project / product managers, data analysts, data engineers, entrepreneurs and more.

This part-time Java course requires at least 15 hours / week to finish in 6 months. You can also choose to add a 2 month JavaScript module if you’d like to pursue full-stack engineering.

All Java course lectures are pre-recorded so you can learn when it’s convenient for you. You’ll meet weekly 1:1 with your mentor, and we encourage you to reach out anytime in between meetings for extra help, whenever you need it! Personalized mentor support is key to transforming you into a confident Java developer, and providing exceptional mentorship is what sets CodingNomads apart from the rest.

Subjects: Linux, Design Principles, CSS, Git, HTML, Github, MySQL, Bootstrap, Command Line, User Authentication, Web Services, Database Management, Bash, Docker, JSON, MVC, NoSQL, Shell Scripting, Software Testing, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Career Coaching, Apache, API, Software Quality Assurance (SQA), Agile, Object Oriented Programming (OOP), Maven, Java, Data Analytics, SQL, Algorithms, Database Design, JavaScript, UX, AWS, DevOps, Data Structures, Spring MVC, Back-End Web Development, Big Data, Cloud Computing

Machine Learning + Data Science Course

Locations: Online

Machine Learning and Data Science have become some of the world’s most valuable skills, by empowering businesses and governments to make smarter decisions with data.

In CodingNomads’ Machine Learning + Data Science Course you’ll learn to navigate decision making processes using sophisticated, professional data science techniques. This is a project-based course, where you will implement each concept into a project using real-world datasets.

In each project there will be dozens of methods or techniques that you could try. While many data science courses teach a *specific* way to do things, with CodingNomads you’ll learn *how to think through a problem for yourself*. By challenging you to think like a data scientist, you’ll graduate with the confidence and skill to choose the most fitting solution for your particular task.

Most students finish the Data Science course in 3 months working 15 hours / week with mentor support, and discounts are available for students who finish the course faster. Please check CodingNomads’ website for additional format and pricing options.

Subjects: Linux, Design Principles, Git, Github, MySQL, Command Line, Web Services, Database Management, Bash, Docker, Functional Programming, JSON, NPM, Shell Scripting, Technical Leadership, Career Coaching, SciPy, NumPy, Matplotlib, API, Jupyter Notebook, Machine Learning, Data Analytics, SQL, Algorithms, Tensorflow, SciKit, Database Design, Data Visualization, Data Structures, Data Science, Statistics & Probability, Big Data, Data Mining, Pandas, Cloud Computing

Python Web Development Career Track

• Cost: $6,500
Locations: Online

Python Web Development is exploding in popularity, thanks to web dev frameworks like Django and Flask that make it easy to create robust and scalable web applications.

In addition, many web developers prefer working with Python because it’s easier to read, write and learn than other web dev languages like JavaScript.

CodingNomads’ Python Web Development course teaches the skills you need to become a professional Python web developer. You will graduate with a portfolio of custom-built projects that you are proud to showcase to employers. You will also possess strong computer science skills that enable you to tackle any software challenge thrown your way, and learn additional programming technologies with ease.

The Python Web Development course also includes intensive career support to help you find work quickly and efficiently. Our grads go on to become software engineers, project / product managers, data analysts, data engineers, entrepreneurs and more.

This part-time Python Web Development course requires at least 15 hours / week to finish in 6 months. All lectures are pre-recorded so you can learn when it’s convenient for you. You’ll meet weekly 1:1 with your mentor, and we encourage you to reach out anytime in between meetings for extra help, whenever you need it!

Personalized mentor support is key to transforming you into a confident Python web developer, and providing exceptional mentorship is what sets CodingNomads apart from the rest.

Subjects: Linux, Design Principles, CSS, Git, HTML, Github, MySQL, Bootstrap, Command Line, Heroku, User Authentication, Web Services, SaaS, Database Management, Bash, Docker, Functional Programming, JSON, MVC, NoSQL, NPM, Shell Scripting, Software Testing, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Technical Leadership, Career Coaching, API, Python, Agile, Object Oriented Programming (OOP), Data Analytics, SQL, Django, Algorithms, Database Design, JavaScript, UX, Data Visualization, Data Structures, App Development, Back-End Web Development, REST, Web Development, Azure

Quant Trading with Python

• Cost: $1,250
Locations: Online

Want more insight and control over your investments? Learn to analyze and manage your portfolio with practical quant trading techniques.

In CodingNomads’ Quant Trading with Python course you will:

- Build a long-short trading model that can withstand recessions
- Create your own Python trading algorithm
- Build stock screeners to analyze your investments
- Learn to verify the performance of any trading method
- Model and test your own investing ideas
- Use your analyses to predict future portfolio performance

Use your knowledge for your personal investments, or apply your skills towards careers in Asset Management, Quantitative Analysis, or to work at a hedge / mutual fund.

Most students finish the Quant Trading with Python course in 3 months working 15 hours / week with mentor support.

Subjects: NumPy, Matplotlib, Python, Jupyter Notebook, Data Analytics, Data Visualization, Statistics & Probability, Pandas

CodingNomads Reviews

Overall

5.0/5

12/22/2020
  • Lisa N.

"Above and beyond"

I truly can’t say enough good things about Coding Nomads. I went into the Java course as a complete beginner feeling in over my head. My mentor was nothing short of amazing. He was always available to answer any questions that I had big or small. I never... Read More

10/26/2020
  • Aleks
  • Learn Python Programming
  • Graduated: 2020

"Got much more than I hoped to"

CodingNomads is my second online bootcamp but it's definitely stands on the 1st place for me.
It's community is small but friendly and in case of questions - you'll always receive an answer or feedback on fourm or by e-mail. Ryan, Martin and people on... Read More

I've tried different books and free courses to learn Python, so I have some experience in self learning :)
Based on this experience, I can say that CodingNomads Python online course is constructed with surprising balance between the code explanation/videos, labs for practice, links to outer usefull resources and self learning part with google/stackoverflow. Basically, every step will give you a solid part of knowledge (basis) that could be easily expanded if necessary. Furthermore, you will also get experience with Linux, MySQL database, SQL queries and some tips about how to learn effectively - you will 100% need all this stuff if you want to be a programmer.
As for me - I was already familiar with Python in some way before enrollment, but after several months of studying this course my Python knowledge became much stronger.

Learn on CodingNomads! Or not. It's your choice :)

9/29/2020
  • Isadora Venkatasawmy | Product Owner
  • Java Fullstack Engineering - Bali + Online
  • Graduated: 2020

"Ryan, the instructor, is truly passionate about teaching and helping others achieve their goals"

Two factors influenced my choice of coding bootcamp. First, finding one with outstanding reviews that offers backend courses, and second, supporting a school with a worthy mission, not just another business.

After reading Kim and Ryan’s story, and speaking... Read More

Ryan is truly passionate about teaching and helping others achieve their goals. I was part of the Bali cohort that had to unfortunately cut the in-person course short because of COVID. It was visibly a very hard decision for Ryan because he really cared about our ability to continue learning and was conscious that most of us had travelled halfway across the world for this course. In the weeks that followed, Ryan did his best to create an online training schedule that worked for students spread out across 3 continents, even if that meant an early start and late finish for him.

As I adjusted to the sudden changes in my personal journey due to the pandemic, I fell behind but Ryan was a consistent source of motivation - and never gave up on me (when at times I gave up on myself!). I am now embarking on a journey to become a professional software developer.

If you still have doubts about which coding bootcamp to go for, all I can say is that I usually don’t write reviews but I couldn’t not write one for CodingNomads. This was a great course!

8/21/2020
  • Sara Bornstein | Webmaster
  • Java Programming - Online
  • Graduated: 2020

"Happy to find a course with one-on-one mentorship!"

I was struggling to teach myself coding for my new job and was looking all over for mentorship. CodingNomads Java course was exactly what I needed with weekly one-on-one mentor calls and a mentor available via Slack when I had questions. The mentor sessions... Read More

8/6/2020
  • Mimi Sam
  • Java Fullstack Engineering - Bali + Online
  • Graduated: 2020

"Great Course Curriculum and Even Better Instructors!"

I attended the CodingNomads in-person bootcamp this year in Bali. I was ready to start a new career path and have loved my experiences studying abroad so the Bali bootcamp seemed like the perfect answer. After a couple of months of online learning to... Read More

Unfortunately, after three weeks we decided to hold classes for the rest of the course online due to the coronavirus outbreak. Everyone in the class went home and we began Zoom classes. I was bummed about this since I did not think virtual classes would be as effective. However, I was impressed by how dedicated Ryan and his co-instructor Cameron were in making sure we still finished the course. We had four-hour Zoom classes twice a day for almost two months and both instructors were very available to answer questions outside of class time.

My review is based on my experience with the Java in-person course, but since that is no longer being offered for obvious reasons, I will say that the online portion of the Java course covers programming fundamentals very well, and I am glad to have it as a resource to review what I learned as I begin my job search after the course. And a course is only as good as its instructors, and I think Ryan is a great person to learn programming from. He is very knowledgeable and personable so that makes learning from him less intimidating. I also appreciate how responsive he is through Slack/email with any questions I send. I am very glad I chose CodingNomads and got to meet Kim and Ryan, and I’m excited to see how it continues to expand and develop in the future!

6/11/2020
  • Ian
  • Graduated: 2020

"Friendly staff, good course materials, nice community."

I had a great time with the CodingNomads team, a friendly and helpful bunch of people! I learned a lot and got involved in the online community on the forums. It has been an enriching experience. They will do their best to point you in the right direction... Read More

5/26/2020
  • Mikey | Graduate Student
  • Python Programming - Online
  • Graduated: 2020

"This course was incredible and really allowed me to see through the fog of coding and how to use all the tools necessary to be effective at any task."

I would highly recommend this program to anyone who wants to learn how to code. I personally didn’t know anything about python before I took this program. I barely knew the basics how to even use a computer. They guide you through everything you need... Read More

5/24/2020
  • Python Programming - Online
  • Graduated: 2019

"Outstanding experience and gateway to the world of Python"

CodingNomads took my foray into the world of Python to the next level. After months of self-study, having zero prior knowledge or experience with programming, I started to get discouraged and lost with all the new information. After a long search for... Read More

I was supposed to do the on-site Python course in Bali which also incorporates the online course, however due to the COVID-19 pandemic that had to be postponed. Here I would like to highlight the business side of the program, as Kim and Ryan were extremely friendly, flexible, and helpful in offering contingencies and alternatives when I wanted to continue to develop my skills with Python.

If you go with CodingNomads you will find a very competitively priced bootcamp that is run with an impeccable degree of professionalism, excellent mentoring, and courses that will take you where you want to go with Python. I would really love to do their course in Bali when conditions permit!

3/3/2020
  • Nicola
  • Graduated: 2017

"CodingNomads for a great learning and life experience"

CodingNomads was an amazing learning experience for me. I love to travel and really wanted to learn how to code, and was struggling trying to figure it out on my own. CodingNomads had awesome instructors, who were great at helping me figure out things... Read More

2/29/2020
  • Aaron Bigelow
  • Java + Spring + SQL + AWS + JavaScript - BALI
  • Graduated: 2017

"Once in a lifetime experience"

I had an amazing experience as part of a small cohort in Thailand in 2017. The Java course was challenging, at times confusing, and meandered at a few points, but, Ryan was always there to guide me through the learning process and always made himself... Read More

CodingNomads's average rating is 5.0 out of 5.0 based on 56 review(s).