CodingNomads

Courses: Learn Java Programming, Learn Python Programming, Java Professional Career Track, Machine Learning + Data Science Course, Python Web Development Career Track, Quant Trading with Python

Online

About CodingNomads

Ranked #7 on SwitchUp’s Best Coding Bootcamps worldwide, and #3 for Data Science, CodingNomads is a small family-run code school that provides a more personal human experience to help you master in-demand coding skills, and have fun doing it!

With a mission... Read More

One of the few bootcamps to teach Java and Python, CodingNomads also offers advanced courses in Data Science & Machine Learning, fullstack Python web development with Django and Flask and Quant Trading with Python.

CodingNomads’ practical, project-based curriculum is fit for beginners and experienced coders alike, so you graduate with a professional-grade portfolio.

With extensive career support services, grads go on to become software engineers, project / product managers, data analysts, data engineers, entrepreneurs and more. CodingNomads also offers expert guidance on launching a remote digital nomad career.

Join CodingNomads’ friendly community of global coders, and gain the skills to live the life you dream of!

Learn Java Programming

Locations: Online

Want to learn strong foundational engineering skills for your job, university, or a career change?

Learn Java - the #1 most in-demand programming language that will open the door to a wealth of career opportunities.

Recognized as one of SwitchUp’s best coding bootcamps for 3 years running, alumni give high ratings for CodingNomads’ comprehensive curriculum, superior mentor support, and enjoyable learning experience.

CodingNomads’ online Java course teaches practical skills needed for tens of thousands of open jobs. As you learn Java, you’ll build several real-world projects for your portfolio. You’ll also learn strong computer science principles that enable you to learn any other language or tech in the future - critical for the ever-changing tech landscape.

CodingNomads offers multiple course format options to suit your schedule, budget and learning preferences. You can choose to simply purchase the course content to complete on your own, or enroll in an intensive mentored program to learn faster with 1:1 support.

Most students finish the Java course in 3 months working 15 hours / week with mentor support, and discounts are available for students who finish the course faster. Please check CodingNomads’ website for additional format and pricing options.

Subjects: Git, Github, Command Line, Database Management, Object Oriented Programming (OOP), Java, SQL, Algorithms, Database Design, Data Structures, Back-End Web Development

Learn Python Programming

Locations: Online

Want to learn Python to build your own products and boost your career?

Python is one of the easiest programming languages to learn, and an extremely valuable skill needed across every industry.

CodingNomads’ online Python course teaches you to build your own software applications from scratch that interact with APIs and databases. It also prepares you for our advanced Python courses in fullstack Python web development, Quant Trading, and Data Science & Machine Learning.

Named one of SwitchUp’s Best Online Coding Bootcamps, we make learning to code fun and productive with a project-based curriculum, and a team of knowledgeable mentors who care about your success.

Most students finish the Python course in 3 months working 15 hours / week with mentor support, and discounts are available for students who finish the course faster. Please check CodingNomads’ website for additional format and pricing options.

Subjects: Git, Github, Command Line, Database Management, API, Python, Object Oriented Programming (OOP), SQL, Database Design, Data Structures

Java Professional Career Track

• Cost: $6,500
Locations: Online

Java has been the #1 most in-demand programming language for decades, making it an incredibly valuable asset for your career. CodingNomads’ Java Training Career Track teaches the professional skills you need to tap into the vast and lucrative job opportunities for Java developers.

In our Professional Java course you will build a portfolio of complex software applications from scratch. Once you learn Java, you will also possess the computer science skills needed to tackle any software challenge thrown your way. Students who learn Java are also able to learn any other programming language more easily afterward, making Java a great language for beginner coders.

The Java Training Career Track also includes 6 months of intensive career support to help you find work quickly and efficiently. Our Java course grads go on to become software engineers, project / product managers, data analysts, data engineers, entrepreneurs and more.

This part-time Java course requires at least 15 hours / week to finish in 6 months. You can also choose to add a 2 month JavaScript module if you’d like to pursue full-stack engineering.

All Java course lectures are pre-recorded so you can learn when it’s convenient for you. You’ll meet weekly 1:1 with your mentor, and we encourage you to reach out anytime in between meetings for extra help, whenever you need it! Personalized mentor support is key to transforming you into a confident Java developer, and providing exceptional mentorship is what sets CodingNomads apart from the rest.

Subjects: Linux, Design Principles, CSS, Git, HTML, Github, MySQL, Bootstrap, Command Line, User Authentication, Web Services, Database Management, Bash, Docker, JSON, MVC, NoSQL, Shell Scripting, Software Testing, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Career Coaching, Apache, API, Software Quality Assurance (SQA), Agile, Object Oriented Programming (OOP), Maven, Java, Data Analytics, SQL, Algorithms, Database Design, JavaScript, UX, AWS, DevOps, Data Structures, Spring MVC, Back-End Web Development, Big Data, Cloud Computing

Machine Learning + Data Science Course

Locations: Online

Machine Learning and Data Science have become some of the world’s most valuable skills, by empowering businesses and governments to make smarter decisions with data.

In CodingNomads’ Machine Learning + Data Science Course you’ll learn to navigate decision making processes using sophisticated, professional data science techniques. This is a project-based course, where you will implement each concept into a project using real-world datasets.

In each project there will be dozens of methods or techniques that you could try. While many data science courses teach a *specific* way to do things, with CodingNomads you’ll learn *how to think through a problem for yourself*. By challenging you to think like a data scientist, you’ll graduate with the confidence and skill to choose the most fitting solution for your particular task.

Most students finish the Data Science course in 3 months working 15 hours / week with mentor support, and discounts are available for students who finish the course faster. Please check CodingNomads’ website for additional format and pricing options.

Subjects: Linux, Design Principles, Git, Github, MySQL, Command Line, Web Services, Database Management, Bash, Docker, Functional Programming, JSON, NPM, Shell Scripting, Technical Leadership, Career Coaching, SciPy, NumPy, Matplotlib, API, Jupyter Notebook, Machine Learning, Data Analytics, SQL, Algorithms, Tensorflow, SciKit, Database Design, Data Visualization, Data Structures, Data Science, Statistics & Probability, Big Data, Data Mining, Pandas, Cloud Computing

Python Web Development Career Track

• Cost: $6,500
Locations: Online

Python Web Development is exploding in popularity, thanks to web dev frameworks like Django and Flask that make it easy to create robust and scalable web applications.

In addition, many web developers prefer working with Python because it’s easier to read, write and learn than other web dev languages like JavaScript.

CodingNomads’ Python Web Development course teaches the skills you need to become a professional Python web developer. You will graduate with a portfolio of custom-built projects that you are proud to showcase to employers. You will also possess strong computer science skills that enable you to tackle any software challenge thrown your way, and learn additional programming technologies with ease.

The Python Web Development course also includes intensive career support to help you find work quickly and efficiently. Our grads go on to become software engineers, project / product managers, data analysts, data engineers, entrepreneurs and more.

This part-time Python Web Development course requires at least 15 hours / week to finish in 6 months. All lectures are pre-recorded so you can learn when it’s convenient for you. You’ll meet weekly 1:1 with your mentor, and we encourage you to reach out anytime in between meetings for extra help, whenever you need it!

Personalized mentor support is key to transforming you into a confident Python web developer, and providing exceptional mentorship is what sets CodingNomads apart from the rest.

Subjects: Linux, Design Principles, CSS, Git, HTML, Github, MySQL, Bootstrap, Command Line, Heroku, User Authentication, Web Services, SaaS, Database Management, Bash, Docker, Functional Programming, JSON, MVC, NoSQL, NPM, Shell Scripting, Software Testing, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Technical Leadership, Career Coaching, API, Python, Agile, Object Oriented Programming (OOP), Data Analytics, SQL, Django, Algorithms, Database Design, JavaScript, UX, Data Visualization, Data Structures, App Development, Back-End Web Development, REST, Web Development, Azure

Quant Trading with Python

• Cost: $1,250
Locations: Online

Want more insight and control over your investments? Learn to analyze and manage your portfolio with practical quant trading techniques.

In CodingNomads’ Quant Trading with Python course you will:

- Build a long-short trading model that can withstand recessions
- Create your own Python trading algorithm
- Build stock screeners to analyze your investments
- Learn to verify the performance of any trading method
- Model and test your own investing ideas
- Use your analyses to predict future portfolio performance

Use your knowledge for your personal investments, or apply your skills towards careers in Asset Management, Quantitative Analysis, or to work at a hedge / mutual fund.

Most students finish the Quant Trading with Python course in 3 months working 15 hours / week with mentor support.

Subjects: NumPy, Matplotlib, Python, Jupyter Notebook, Data Analytics, Data Visualization, Statistics & Probability, Pandas

CodingNomads Reviews

Overall

4.98/5

7/10/2019
  • Blane Staskiewicz | Penn State Student
  • Intro to Python web development - ONLINE
  • Graduated: 2019

"CodingNomads Online Python 3 Course"

Took the Online Python 3 course. The course really gets you familiar with python and what the language has to offer as well as APIs and Databases and projects to help build up your github, that I never learned in college. If you need to get the course... Read More

5/28/2019
  • Daniel

"Excellent"

I quit my job in February to get involved in the Python Bootcamp in Bali and it was an amazing experience !
I tried to learn coding on my own before. It was kind of overwhelming to know which direction to follow by myself and felt like a really lonely... Read More

5/14/2019
  • Robert

"A whole lot of fun"

A big fat pro for this bootcamp is the location.
Obviously, learning how to code in a paradise like Bali is pretty cool. But additional to that, for me being out of my daily environment really helped me stay focused. Since I was so far away from my colleagues,... Read More

Another big fat pro are the instructors.
Martin and Caden are awesome. They will give you everything they have, with all their energy. Where needed they will adjust the program to your needs and supply you with additional materials. They know a lot! And when your interests take you places they don't know, they will explore it with you. Also besides class, we had a lot of fun. Having dinners or drinks together, exploring the area or playing some card games. They were always up for something. Also Roy, the instructor of the Java course should be mentioned here. Three awesome guys.

The organization and contact with Kim and Ryan also went smoothly. They set the right expectations, help you get settled in and are very much open for feedback. They will do anything in their power to make this the best possible experience for you. Thanks!
Ryan and Kim will also give you job support. I didn't need it, since I was already employed while during the course, but of what I saw was I would say it is worth 5 stars. They will give you very practical advice like how to set up your resume, but will also practice 1-on-1 or whiteboard interviews. Good stuff!

If you are looking for a course where you will master all the general Python skills and get a good general understanding of Web-development, look no further. After the course you are able to build pretty neat web-applications and throw them on the internet, accessible to anyone.

Just one small disclaimer: you are going to get just as much out of this bootcamp as you are willing to put in it. The work will not happen by itself, and they will not come and drag you to class. That, obviously, is your responsibility! :)

4/18/2019
  • Bryce Lindley | ESL Teacher
  • Intro to Java + SQL - ONLINE

"Productive"

In 2018, I came from Udacity as an entrance into programming with a scholarship I had received for Android Basics Development. I was excited that I graduated and it felt great, but I also knew I had much more to learn. My desires for learning more were... Read More

4/7/2019
  • Andrea Howes | Software Engineer

"An Amazing Experience"

This bootcamp was an amazing experience! Ryan and Kim helped with everything (interviewing and negotiating jobs at the end of the bootcamp in particular). My class was small and I basically had one-on-one time with our great teacher or TA whenever I needed... Read More

It took about 2 months of hard work after the bootcamp was over before I got a full-time job as a software engineer but Ryan was there every step of the way. His advice and help were irreplaceable. Every time I sent a message to Ryan or Roi they responded immediately and were beyond helpful. I hands down recommend CodingNomads for anyone wanting to land their first software job and have an incredible time doing it!

2/12/2019
  • Andy Mitchell
  • Graduated: 2018

"A Great Learning Experience!"

I attended the 2018 Java bootcamp in Playa del Carmen, Mexico which included 4 weeks remote work preparation, 8 weeks on site in Mexico and a following 4 weeks remote work on the final project. I had a great time on the course! Playa del Carmen had a... Read More

I found being away from home and learning remotely really made me motivated and focused on learning which is something I had struggled with when trying to learn independently. Roi had had experience in the software industry and could answer questions and provide advice on good practise used in the industry which is unlikely to be something I would have learned on my own. Roi was also keen to set us extra challenges and teach us things outside of the current curriculum when it was clear we understood the curriculum well, this led to us creating our own Android apps which was great fun and something I had always wanted to play around with.

I found the experience of working at the the coworking space really enjoyable, we met lots of new people with interesting backgrounds and stories which is something I wasn't expecting! The facilities were great there and the coworking space often had events we joined to meet other digital nomads.

I found the work/play balance was much better than I expected, I was expecting to just stay in the same city for the whole 8 weeks but we managed to arrange a trip to Mexico City to see some of the Day of the Dead celebrations as well as trips to Tulum and Merida to see the cities and visit some Mayan ruins which were amazing! Playa has lots of things to do and see nearby and I expect I will go back there in the future to see some of the sights I missed!

Overall, I would recommend CodingNomads to anyone who is looking to jump into the world of software development, as this type of learning experience will give you the practical skills to start making your own applications from scratch, which I feel is really empowering and motivating to start making projects of your own! That combined with the experience of living in a new country and meeting new and interesting people from around the world makes this a really rewarding experience that I would do again in a heartbeat!

11/27/2018
  • Laura | Data Scientist

"Exceeded expectations!"

I just finished the Python Bootcamp in Barcelona and highly recommend Coding Nomads. As an experienced data analyst, I figured Python was a good next step towards data science (plus I wanted to travel!) - now I feel confident this was the right step for... Read More

Our instructors, Martin and Caden, were not only knowledgeable but so supportive, they were willing to adjust based on each of our needs and I truly felt that they cared for our success. I see them more as mentors now, which is awesome to have this relationship. The group was also very inspiring to me - most of us coming from different paths but determined to learn Python. We had a lot of fun together on our weekend outings, developed a "team" feeling and I have learned something from every person!

I just wish I could do it all over again with their next course - Python & Java side-by-side training sounds like best of both worlds!

11/13/2018
  • Kadri R
  • Graduated: 2018

"Exactly what I was looking for!"

I had been looking for a course like this in Barcelona for a while, so I was very excited to learn about the CodingNomads Python/Django course! From day 1 we dove deep into Python, the pace was fast but never did I feel that I or anyone else in the class... Read More

11/9/2018
  • Patrick Vargos
  • Graduated: 2018

"Incredible course, experience, and people!"

When taking prep courses for a few other bootcamps in Chicago, I felt that I was just another number in the system. I’ve always had a passion for travel, and this led me to search for bootcamps abroad. After finding codingNomads, I reached out for more... Read More

I decided to join the program, and packed my bags for Barcelona. I was greeted the first night by our instructors, Caden and Martin, and they could not have been more hospitable.They set up a welcome dinner for the entire class, which was a great way to start the course. Even more impressive than how incredibly nice both of them were, was how knowledgeable they were. The course was fast paced and can be rigorous at times, but they were there everyday to make sure no one was left behind. It was by no means easy, but with their help it was more than doable. I would never have imagined learning as much as I did while enrolled in this course.

Lastly, the people (both students and instructors) in the course were a blessing I never anticipated. I went there to learn to code, which I did, but during that time I also gained a group of friends that I plan on staying in contact with forever. We hiked the coast of Northern Spain, ate tapas on Friday nights after class, even enrolled in exercise classes together. Now everyone in our course is back at home(U.S., Denmark, Saudi Arabia, just to name a few), but we still have weekly video calls to help one another out with code, or sometimes just for friendly checkins.

11/6/2018
  • Duncan Cockburn
  • Intro to Java + SQL - ONLINE
  • Graduated: 2018

"Great way to learn a new, widely applicable skill set"

Having never coded before this was a personal challenge for myself to jump into something which i have previously not been comfortable with. Mixing the learning with travel experiences allowed me to still have a good time and explore new places. People... Read More

Having the groundwork in place has now helped with my job as an accountant and come up with new innovative ways in which the business can stay on top of the every evolving tech environment. I t has given me a great framework in coding should i choose to further develop this skill.

Highly recommend

CodingNomads's average rating is 4.98 out of 5.0 based on 58 review(s).