Devmountain

Best Bootcamp

Ranked 2022 Best Bootcamp

About Devmountain

Location: Online, Lehi, Dallas

Devmountain is a coding bootcamp and design school that offers housing at no extra cost to immersive students who attend one of its three campuses: Lehi, Utah; Dallas, Texas; and Phoenix, Arizona. It was founded in 2013 and has graduated more than 3,200... Read More

Community
Devmountain courses are in-person. Students work individually and together to accomplish projects in a real-world setting. Devmountain’s Utah campus offers a unique program that places iOS, UX, and QA students together in collaborative groups to launch an app in the App Store by the end of the bootcamp.

Career Support
Career support is available to every student and includes resume workshopping, employer networking, and interview preparation. This is baked into the immersive bootcamp experience.

Affordability
Devmountain’s courses are competitively priced and tuition financing is available through third-parties.

Application Process
The application process consists of three parts, including filling out an application, participating in a phone consultation, and completing a skill review. The purpose of this process is to help students discover if the bootcamp experience and specific course is a good fit for them or not.

User Experience Design | After Hours

Cost: $7,900
Duration: 16 weeks
Locations: Online, Lehi
In-person Available Online

Students hit on the basics of researching and prototyping as well as information architecture and visual design. This course is designed to help students make the most of user experience design in the modern world, giving them a better understanding of what UX design is.

Course Offerings:
In-person instruction and collaborative projects
Career support available to all students
After-hours schedule for increased flexibility
Informative three-step application process

Helen Brennan

4/3/2020

Software QA Testing

"I would do it again!!"

I was lucky to have had the time and financial means to completely start over in a brand new career last year and jumped at the chance to enroll in the QA course at Devmountain.
It was enough to give a solid foundation on Software QA, manual, and automated... Read More

Steven David

4/2/2020

"DevMountain Phoenix"

Graduated about a year ago from the Phoenix Campus. Currently working as an Application Developer for Allstate in Chicago.

PROS
- Great instructor / mentors
- Housing included in tuition makes it a lot more affordable than other bootcamps
- Campus and... Read More

CONS
- The only food options within walking distance are Ruby Tuesdays and Circle K
- Utah gets a lot more job fair events than Phoenix, although I believe they are working on that

Jay Sargent
Graduated: 2018

4/2/2020

"Set Correct Expectations"

DevMountain was exactly what I needed after I had a pretty rough university experience. They have dedicated mentors, teachers, student advisors, and overall staff who all know their stuff.

They don't promise that jobs will be handed to you if you complete... Read More

Everyone I know who took the advice of the DevMountain, worked hard, and took every single day seriously (including after the bootcamp) got a job within a year, many within 1-3 months. Myself included. I took the Web Developer camp, but 2 members on my team at work went through the UX program and had raving things to say about it. We all wear our DevMountain shirt with pride.

Their price is cheaper than most other bootcamps, and much cheaper than Universities.

The curriculum is currently React / Node focused - but as I said before they teach you how to learn so there is no limit after DevMountain for what you can teach yourself.

The community on slack is more than willing to help anyone out with any question, no matter the technology used.

It is possible to learn these skills without DevMountain, but their focused course, onsite staff, and focused / intense atmosphere is exactly what I needed to succeed, and I could NOT have done this without them (and many others who I've talked to agree.)

I came from a coding background (two years of university and growing up building simple websites), but there were other students in our cohort who had zero coding experience and excelled. All of us learned and grew immensely here.

I would highly recommend DevMountain to anyone wanting to seriously get into coding.

Jason Jones

3/9/2020

Overall

"DevMountain set me up for success!"

I entered the Dallas DevMountain web development program with little coding experience. I had experimented as a teen (10+ years ago) with some very basic HTML. I'm technically inclined with computers but my previous work experience is largely food service,... Read More

Beth Dunford

2/27/2020

Overall

"DevMountain Did Not Disappoint"

I attended the web development immersive course at DevMountain at the Dallas, TX campus. The staff were all incredible. The campus was great. The lectures and projects were very helpful. The skills check tests weren't the best and I feel made a lot of... Read More

Anonymous

1/15/2020

"It was great."

The learning process at DevMountain was great. I had two different instructors that specialized in two different aspects of coding so I feel like I was taught a lot about both front end and back end. The focus on the individual student is impressive.

HELEN BRENNAN

9/10/2019

Overall

"DevMountain changed my life for the better"

I participated in the Immersive Software Quality Assurance course at DevMountain in Lehi, UT at the end of July. Its a six week program from 9am-5pm (plus some more time for working at home and review sessions). The program starts with the basics of testing... Read More

Adam Brown
Graduated: 2018

3/29/2019

Web Development | Immersive

Overall

"They will fulfill the contract and nothing more."

You will learn the skill set they teach and not much else. The bootcamp is cheap for a reason you will receive no after graduation help and the instructor time is very limited and impersonal.

Anonymous
WordPress Developer | Graduated: 2015

3/20/2019

Web Development | After Hours

Overall

"Good foundation. At the time I went, they lacked in post-graduation support."

Good for learning the basics if you know nothing. At the time that I went they were growing fast and so they didn't have the support they should have for the type of school that they are/were.

Payton Whipple
Mentor | Graduated: 2018

3/5/2019

Web Development | Immersive

Overall

"It was a great start to a career."

I loved the 13 week I spent here. It was a great time and the staff made it an environment where we could push ourselves to learn and grow in out ability to code.