Hack Reactor

Courses: Hack Reactor Remote + Blockchain, Part Time Software Engineering Immersive, Software Engineering Immersive, Software Engineering Premium Prep

Online, Boulder, Denver, Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Los Angeles, NYC

About Hack Reactor

Founded in 2012, Hack Reactor is a 12-week immersive coding school providing software engineering education, career placement services, and a lifelong network of professional peers. Hack Reactor has campuses in San Francisco, Austin, Los Angeles, and... Read More

Job Outcomes

Not Employed 18%
Unemployed and still seeking a job 18%
Unemployed and not seeking a job 4%
Non-reporting 1%

This bootcamp uses the CIRR methodology. All CIRR members use a standardized, one-page format. To ensure complete accuracy, CIRR reports account for each enrolled student. You can compare outcomes with other CIRR members side-by-side. Learn more about CIRR.

Hack Reactor Remote + Blockchain

Locations: Online

Blockchain technology is revolutionizing how everyday digital transactions are managed. Think BITCOIN. It's changing the face of software development and has the potential to disrupt countless industries in the very near future.

Hack Reactor has incorporated Blockchain curriculum exclusively in their online coding bootcamp (Hack Reactor Remote) cohorts to empower our student programmers upfront, on the heels of this emerging technology. This program takes the time-tested curriculum and transformative experience of our campus-based immersive, and makes it accessible to students all across the world.

The program is built by top engineers and is offered in a 12 weeks full-time or 9 months part-time format. By joining Hack Reactor for this course, you can be among the new generation of successful job seekers to master Blockchain and add this competence to your skillset.

Subjects: Cryptocurrency, Blockchain and Crypto, Blockchain, JavaScript

Part Time Software Engineering Immersive

Locations: Online

The Hack Reactor at Galvanize immersive coding bootcamp is focused on building autonomous, fully capable software engineers. The Remote Part-Time program offers the same curriculum, program and quality as Hack Reactor's immersive programs, but provides greater flexibility. The first half of the course is often described as “drinking from a firehose” because of how much information it packs in. In the second half, you use your new skills to build projects, while learning new technologies on the fly.

Students will learn the fundamentals of CS, Full Stack JavaScript, Inheritance Patterns, Algorithms, Browser Animation, D3, Angular, API frameworks, CSS frameworks, JS frameworks, Deployment and Authentication, Application Design/Development, and Job Searching skills.
By the end you will be an autonomous engineer, capable of tackling unique, unfamiliar problems and building complex applications.

Subjects: CSS, Git, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Software Test Automation, AJAX, Functional Programming, MVC, Test-Driven Development (TDD), React.js, Algorithms, AngularJS, Node.js, Express.js, JavaScript

Software Engineering Immersive

• Cost: $17,980
Locations: Online, Boulder, Denver, Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Los Angeles, NYC

The Hack Reactor at Galvanize immersive coding bootcamp is focused on building autonomous, fully capable software engineers. Every unit in our curriculum has been pored over numerous times to optimize for educational power and efficiency. The first half of the course is often described as “drinking from a firehose” because of how much information it packs in. In the second half, you use your new skills to build projects, while learning new technologies on the fly.

During the program, you will learn the fundamentals of CS, Full Stack JavaScript, Inheritance Patterns, Algorithms, Browser Animation, D3, Angular, API frameworks, CSS frameworks, JS frameworks, Deployment and Authentication, Application Design/Development, and Job Searching skills - and more!

Galvanize Career Services Managers will prepare you for your post-graduation job search. From leading in-class workshops to holding private study hours, our managers will help you establish career goals and continually monitor your progress throughout the program. The career prep curriculum teaches personal branding, networking, job searching, and interviewing skills.

By the end of the course, you can expect to have a strong, unique Github portfolio, online profiles, and a resume that reflects your value in the job market as an autonomous engineer capable of tackling unique, unfamiliar problems and building complex applications. Post-graduation, you’ll receive ongoing support from Hack Reactor at Galvanize after graduation, including access to career meetups, daily GitHub pushes and employer referrals.

Software Engineering Premium Prep

• Cost: $250
Locations: Online

Our Premium Prep program is designed to transform participants from beginners to having mastery of basic JS fundamentals and crucial skills needed by anyone learning to code. The program includes over 100 hours of live supported learning in a 100% ONLINE group setting using various online tools to connect with staff and peers. The cost of Premium Prep can be applied as a credit towards tuition for any participants who join any Hack Reactor at Galvanize Software Engineering Immersive program.

Hack Reactor also offers free basic prep and a mentored prep option, which you can learn more about here: https://www.hackreactor.com/prep-programs.

Subjects: JavaScript

Hack Reactor Reviews

Overall

4.77/5

11/9/2020
  • Adrian M. | Software Engineer
  • Graduated: 2017

"Effective Career Change Experience"

This is an effective program that will get you into the software engineering field. As a former teacher, I took action over the summer studying in June 2017, applying for acceptance through Oct 2017, and completing the program by the end of 2017. I stayed... Read More

11/7/2020
  • Anthony Chung | Senior Software Engineer
  • Graduated: 2016

"Autonomous learning experience and continued job support"

Hack Reactor was unlike any education I've experienced: it teaches you autonomous learning and you still get support after graduating!

Hack Reactor provided the foundational work and community necessary to learn at a faster rate than before. When picking... Read More

The meta-skill of learning that will quickly outpace the utility of whatever library/technology you learn when you attend.

Post-graduation support! I've always gotten help from Marlene whenever transitioning roles. More than that, she knows and anticipates your needs on the job search. Whether it's connecting you for algorithm practice, finding the right warm intro to make, or giving you the right negotiation move, she is out to guide you for career success.

Consider how many offer letters she has helped secure and negotiate: she's becoming AlphaGo for job market/support.

• Richard Kho | Software Engineer
  • Graduated: 2015

"A force multiplier for my career"

I graduated from Hack Reactor in 2015 and have worked with the alumni team there -- most prominently Marlene -- for all of my job searches. They've been incredibly helpful with introducing me to partner companeis and helping coach me through the negotiation... Read More

Thanks to their guidance, I've been fortunate enough to negotiate up an extra ~50k during the four years that I've been working and know that I can always count on them to help out for my future job searches.

• Stephen Saunders | Software Engineer
  • Graduated: 2016

"Investment at Hack Reactor still paying dividends"

Nearly four years later, attending Hack Reactor has proven to be one of the best decisions I could have made for my career and personal life.  As time passes, I get to see the immense value of what the Hack Reactor community provides to its members and... Read More

• Zachary Lopez | Senior Engineering Manager
  • Graduated: 2015

"One of the best decisions you can make"

I was coming from a career in non-profit affordable housing. I needed to update my skills and prove that I could be a success in tech. Hack Reactor seemed to be the most rigorous, advanced, outcome based program there is and that proved true in every... Read More

• Fawn Bertram | Software Engineer
  • Graduated: 2015

"Amazing curriculum, friends, and outcomes"

Back when I had my mid-20s career crisis, I decided to narrow down the industries I was interested in to Tech and Real Estate. Discovered Tech was far easier to enter and earn high pay in, and it dominated the area that I live in, SF, so I chose Tech.... Read More

11/5/2020
  • Matthew Ma
  • Graduated: 2019

"More Than Just An Education"

Going in, I had set the parameters of my expectations somewhat strictly. I simply wanted to learn what it takes to become an employable software engineer- some who removes, rather than contributes to, technical debt.

Hack Reactor was so much more than... Read More

Of course, the curriculum gave me enough experience that I could figure my way around any web development projects. The junior phase strengthened my confidence with various specific technologies through challenging sprints. The senior phase allowed me to consolidate my understanding of web frameworks + database technologies into viable products, as well as flesh out communication skills by coordinating development with peers, who at this point were working with me as partners.

But it takes much more than only technical expertise to excel in the tech industry. Hack Reactor provided networking opportunities and informative talks from experienced software engineers that grants new grads with the assurance of mentorship and community, making even life-changing transformations far less scary.

Something I deeply appreciated about the organization of the cohorts was the stimulating diversity of my peers. People truly came from all walks of life. This aspect of the program sets it apart from traditional university programs in that you are no longer immersed in your same age stratum. I was the youngest in my cohort, so I went through the program with the mindset that I'll have the most to learn from the life experiences of others. This made Hack Reactor more than just an education. It was a life experience.

11/5/2020
  • Anonymous | Software Engineer
  • Graduated: 2017

"A game changer..."

So let me give you some context. Before attending Hack Reactor in 2017, I was unemployed for an extended period of time. And before then, I was employed in a job that wasn't satisfying. During my employed tenure, I was doing simple HTML and CSS copy pasting,... Read More

10/27/2020
  • Anonymous | Front End Developer
  • Graduated: 2020

"You'll be surprised with how much you accomplish in such a small amount of time."

Hack Reactor provides just enough guidance while still allowing students to be curious and autonomous. You will learn certain concepts by completing two-day projects/sprints during the junior phase. During the senior phase you are put into teams and are... Read More

10/21/2020
  • Graduated: 2020

"Hack Reactor is a firehose, but the water coming out will take you places if you let it."

I had a decade-long career in teaching before I decided to pivot to software engineering. I had a lot of friends (and a family member) go through Hack Reactor, so I was already familiar with its content, expectations, outcomes, etc. That familiarity did... Read More

Hack Reactor's average rating is 4.77 out of 5.0 based on 244 review(s).