Le Wagon

Courses: Data Science - Full-Time, Data Science - Part-Time, Web Development Course - Full-Time, Web Development Course - Part-Time

Amsterdam, Belo Horizonte, Buenos Aires, Lisbon, Melbourne, Mexico City, Montreal, +33 more.
Oslo, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Singapore, Santiago, Paris, London, Berlin, Shanghai, Marseille, Tokyo, Bordeaux, Brussels, Lyon, Nantes, Munich, Bali, Milan, Tel Aviv, Seoul, Stockholm, Dubai, Kyoto, Madrid, Rennes, Lausanne, Rome, Shenzhen, Chengdu, Istanbul, Barcelona, Lille, Copenhagen.

About Le Wagon

Le Wagon runs immersive coding bootcamps in 40 campuses worldwide. The web development course is designed to teach students the necessary skills to land a job in software development or product management - or prepare them to create their own startup.... Read More

Le Wagon's courses are either full-time or part-time and taught in-person. In 9 weeks or 24 weeks, students learn to build web applications or to explore, clean and transform data into actionable insights, and to collaborate within a team of developers or data scientists using the right tools and workflows.

Le Wagon has a global community of 9,000+ alumni, and a strong network of partner companies across all industries to help students find their dream jobs.

Data Science - Full-Time

• Cost: 6,500 - 7,500
Locations: Amsterdam, Belo Horizonte, Buenos Aires, Lisbon, Melbourne, Mexico City, Montreal, Oslo, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Singapore, Santiago, Paris, London, Berlin, Shanghai, Marseille, Tokyo, Bordeaux, Brussels, Lyon

In 9 intensive weeks, learn Data Science from Python to advanced Machine Learning, get all the skills to join a Data Science team and boost your career.

Our full-time Data Science course gives you the skills you need to launch your career in a data science team in only 9 weeks. From Pandas to Deep Learning, you will finish the course knowing how to explore, clean and transform data into actionable insights and how to implement machine learning models from start to finish in a production environment, working in teams with the best-in-class tool belt.

In 9 weeks, you will be able to:

-Master programming applied to Data Science in Python
-Design relational databases and build advanced queries with SQL
-Grasp the mathematic concepts behind data science: statistics, probability and linear algebra
-Conduct advanced analysis with Jupyter notebook and Pandas
-Implement Machine Learning supervised and unsupervised models with scikit-learn
-Learn Machine Learning best practices (preprocessing, training and testing, performance metrics, etc.)
-Deploy Machine Learning models in production with Google Cloud Platform
-Build and train fully connected deep neural networks to solve classification problems
-Use neural networks for object detection and recognition
-Use the best practices when working on a data science project within a tech team

Subjects: Data Science

Data Science - Part-Time

Locations: Paris, Lisbon, Tokyo

In 24 weeks, part-time, learn Data Science from Python to advanced Machine Learning, get all the skills to join a Data Science team and boost your career.

Our Data Science course, initially developed as an immersive 9-week bootcamp, can also be followed part-time in 24 weeks, studying some weekday evenings and Saturdays. From Pandas to Deep Learning, you will finish the course knowing how to explore, clean and transform data into actionable insights and how to implement machine learning models from start to finish in a production environment, working in teams with the best-in-class tool belt.

In 24 part-time weeks, you will be able to:

-Use neural networks for object detection and recognition

Subjects: Data Science

Web Development Course - Full-Time

• Cost: 6,500 - 7,500
Locations: Nantes, Munich, Bali, Milan, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Tel Aviv, Seoul, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Dubai, Kyoto, Madrid, Melbourne, Lyon, Rennes, Lausanne, Rome, Oslo, Shenzhen, Santiago, Marseille, Berlin, Brussels, Montreal, Rio de Janeiro, Shanghai, Chengdu, Tokyo, Istanbul, Paris, Barcelona, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Singapore, Lille, Bordeaux, London, Copenhagen, Lisbon

In 9 intensive weeks, learn all the skills of a Software Developer, code your own web applications from scratch and change your career.

In 9 weeks, you will be able to:

- Understand the core concepts of object-oriented programming
- Structure your software following design patterns like MVC
- Integrate a 3rd party service using an API or scrape HTML data
- Design a relational database and build queries with SQL
- Build your UI (User Interface) following atomic design framework
- Code a CSS library using recent techniques like flexbox or CSS grid
- Use ES6 (last version of Javascript) as a second programming language
- Adopt the right technical workflow: design your wireframe & mockup, test your UX with a prototype, split your user stories across your team and collaborate with branch and pull requests with git and Github
- Discover TDD (Test Driven Development) and learn how to cover your application's code with unit tests

Tuition varies depending on location.

Subjects: Web Development

Web Development Course - Part-Time

• Cost: 6,500 - 7,500
Locations: Berlin, Brussels, Marseille, Montreal, Munich, Rio de Janeiro, Lisbon, London, Bordeaux, Lille, Singapore, Santiago, Belo Horizonte, Sao Paulo, Barcelona, Paris, Tokyo, Oslo, Lausanne, Lyon, Melbourne, Seoul, Tel Aviv, Mexico City, Buenos Aires, Milan, Nantes

In 24 weeks, part-time, learn all the skills of a Software Developer and code your own web applications to upskill in your current job or change your career.

In 24 part-time weeks, you will be able to:

-Understand the core concepts of object-oriented programming
-Structure your software following design patterns like MVC
-Integrate a 3rd party service using an API or scrape HTML data
-Design a relational database and build queries with SQL
-Build your UI (User Interface) following atomic design framework
-Code a CSS library using recent techniques like flexbox or CSS grid
-Use ES6 (last version of Javascript) as a second programming language
-Adopt the right technical workflow: design your wireframe & mockup, test your UX with a prototype, split your user stories across your team and collaborate with branch and pull requests with git and Github
-Discover TDD (Test Driven Development) and learn how to cover your application's code with unit tests

Subjects: Web Development

Le Wagon Reviews

Overall

4.98/5

11/27/2020
  • Seyoung J
  • Graduated: 2020

"Le Wagon Seoul campus review"

Before I decided to join Seoul branch, I couldn't find any review on google or Naver and that made me hesitated a lot to register. but now think it was a really good decision that I joined this Bootcamp. Not to mention that the curriculum is good, I was... Read More

11/23/2020
  • Sharon Sheah | Junior Developer
  • Graduated: 2020

"Great intensive bootcamp if you want to transform your career fast! Amazing lifelong access to support, community and learning materials."

My Le Wagon experience was unforgettable! When I decided to join Le Wagon, I came with minimal knowledge of code and had only learnt a bit of HTML and CSS. My batch underwent the full-time bootcamp 100% remotely and the support that was provided by the... Read More

Definitely don't expect to know everything about coding straight out of bootcamp, it is a 9-week bootcamp that they are trying to help you understand about web development and not a 4-year computer science degree. Learning to code is an ongoing journey! Honestly, no regrets at all for joining Le Wagon. It has propelled my learning and career pivot as I know I need the intensity and accountability from others to successfully learn something from scratch (I have previously attempted to learn coding myself and it didn't work out).

I do recommend a decent laptop (a Mac or a slightly more powerful windows) if you are doing the bootcamp remotely as it may disrupt your experience if your laptop lags half the time!

11/23/2020
  • julien ergan | junior software developer
  • Graduated: 2020

"Le Wagon Tokyo helped me to change my life! Thank you so much Sylvain, Doug, Yann, Trouni and Sasha, you are real stars!"

The Le Wagon Tokyo bootcamp literally helped me to change my life. Four months after graduating from the bootcamp, I landed my dream job: my first junior software developer position in a very talented team of software engineers and computer scientists... Read More

The team at Le Wagon Tokyo is absolutely fantastic: Sylvain (the Le Wagon Tokyo founder), the teachers Douglas, Yann and Trouni and Sasha (parternships and events). The teachers are genuinely passionate about teaching you how to code, to share their knowledge and very importantly to teach you how to gain the developer mindset and habits of "learning by doing" and "trail and error". They were super available and enthusiasts to answer all my questions before, during and after the bootcamp. The support after the bootcamp (during the job hunt phase) was brilliant as well.

The content and structure of the curriculum is very well thought, comprehensive and continuously updated.

At Le Wagon Tokyo I feel that I have learned more than coding, I learned to become a developer. By this I mean that I have not only learned the fundamentals of coding but more importantly how to code in order to "build stuff" (websites or web applications) that users actually want to use! Personally this new approach (i.e. "learning by building stuff" ) has been a massive mindset shift. And it is simply the best way to learn how to code and to become a good developer. And I felt that I was taught this mindset from day 1 at Le Wagon.

The last 3 weeks of the bootcamp are project weeks with other students. During these weeks I have learned how to work within a team of developers, i.e. how to communicate my ideas and how to use GitHub to share code. I believe that was another excellent preparation to help me land my first developer role.

Another amazing point for me (and which is maybe less often mentioned) is the Slack of Le Wagon. From the day you join the bootcamp, you become part of the Le Wagon Slack and have a lifetime access to it! You gain access to a community of more than 9,000 alumni (at the time of writing this review) and teachers all over the world. In addition to Google and Stack Overflow it is an amazing network and resource to find help as a junior developer, to learn new things and to connect with other like minded people and to find a job if you move to another country.

Overall, I felt that Le Wagon Tokyo bootcamp and team have provided me with all the environment, tools, quality of teaching and support I needed to learn effectively to succeed and land my first job as a developer. Thank you so much guys for helping to change my life, you are real stars!

11/18/2020
  • Sarin Boivin Picard | Full Stack Developper
  • Graduated: 2020

"Great part time web dev experience @ Le Wagon Montreal - Highly recommend!"

My background is in business and finance. I learned how to code during my studies but I felt I needed to dive further into some topics in a more structured way. I was not able to take 2 months off to join a full-time bootcamp so I was happy Le Wagon Montreal... Read More

11/17/2020
  • Eirik Lysenstoen
  • Graduated: 2020

"Learned a ton and had a great time doing it"

Context: I was a student in batch #402 in Oslo for the web developer

Before joining the Le Wagon boot camp I had spent a few months learning to code on my own using books and websites after having absolutely no exposure to programming for my life at age... Read More

The great advantage that the Le Wagon has over something like the career routes I tried from codecademy is that the program is designed holistically. What I mean by this is that rather than taking a whole bunch of separate pieces of knowledge (SQL, JS, RUBY etc) and feeding them to you one after another the program is designed with a single end point in mind. While getting started on the program it was hard to see how it would all be used, but when we got to the ruby on rails section of the syllabus it was like a light went on in my head. I could see that not only was I learning how to use rails, but I had already learned everything I needed to understand just how the different pieces of the rails framework fit together. One of my classmates who found the course very challenging in the beginning and to the middle remarked that at the end it was like things started to click into place. I think this is a reflection of a well designed syllabus.

We also got some very valuable experience working in a team on applications. Learning on your own is well and good, if you are able to, but learning the work-flow on github with pushing, pulling and reviewing other’s works is simply impossible to do on your own. For the last parts of the boot camp we got a lot of very useful experience doing this as we took an application from a pitched idea to a finished MVP. I was honestly amazed at what we were capable of creating on our own after such a short time. You can see what we made at www.infitter.net and a demo at https://www.linkedin.com/posts/le-wagon-norway_changeyourlife-learntocode-activity-6724648218480709632-3ny-

For myself I am very happy that I took the boot camp, I met some great people along the way and while there is still a lot to learn the shroud of mystery around coding has mostly been lifted, so that I not only know more, but I am better equipped to find information on my own. I would recommend the Le Wagon boot camp to anyone looking to break into the world of programming.

11/9/2020
  • Vincent Leblanc
  • Graduated: 2020

"The best decision of my life!"

My name is Vincent, before joining the Bootcamp of Le Wagon, I have been an electrician for about 8 years and even if I'm someone who really likes to use his hands and build things, I realized that I wasn't doing something that made me happy and I wanted... Read More

The experience was incredible, even with the pandemic going on, I learned so much about coding in just a few weeks. I also learned a lot about how to even get better with my coding. I had the chance to lead a small team of 4 people (myself included) to build an app in just 6 weeks! I feel really well equipped to work as a developer and go on working on personal projects.

11/9/2020
  • Fernando Requeni
  • Graduated: 2020

"Full Time Web Development"

After spending few months deliberating if Le Wagon would be the right choice for a life change, I can say now that it was one of the greatest experiences in my life.
At the beginning you can feel a bit overwhelmed with all the new information you are... Read More

11/8/2020
  • Micky Macato | Fullstack Web Developer
  • Graduated: 2020

"Le Wagon Tokyo was totally worth it!!!"

Hello guys! My name is Micky Macato and I'm 35 yrs old from Philippines. I've been living in Japan for almost 10years.
I studied Japanese for a year then been teaching English for the past 9 years.
I'm also an entrepreneur. I've been interested with Web... Read More

10/30/2020
  • Nachiket Pusalkar
  • Graduated: 2020

"Skeptical at first. Grateful at the end."

I was extremely skeptical before joining this bootcamp for several reasons.

1) The main technology / framework / language taught in this program is Ruby on Rails. Which I had never heard of and lately - Python and Javascript are the latest hype.

2) It was... Read More

3) It wasn’t cheap.

4) I had been teaching myself code for several weeks and I thought there wasn’t much a bootcamp would teach me that I couldn’t have taught myself.

I was wrong about all of the above.

1) Ruby is one of the most elegant languages I've learned. Rails is an extremely powerful framework and the possibilities are limitless.

2) 9 weeks was sufficient to get the fundamentals after which you must learn on your own (everything in web dev cannot be taught unless you do it yourself).

3) Considering the knowledge I gained. It was worth the money.

4) There was so much I didn’t know which made me level up my skills drastically.

Also, the staff and TA’s are extremely helpful, polite and care about your success. It becomes one big family at the end of the course. I would do it all over again if I could.

10/30/2020
  • Leif Marshall
  • Graduated: 2020

"The best 24 week bootcamp--period!"

Le Wagon Oslo is an amazing experience. I could not recommend a better Bootcamp in Scandinavia! Before I started at Le Wagon, I worked nearly full-time, so it was important to me that I found a Bootcamp that would accommodate my schedule. That is why... Read More

Le Wagon's average rating is 4.98 out of 5.0 based on 1813 review(s).