Over this nine-month course, you will master the skills required to become a data scientist and build a portfolio of 15+ projects based on real data from a range of industries: e-commerce, taxi services, mining, and more.
Project topics include:
• Predicting traffic levels using Yandex.Navigator. Train an algorithm that predicts the severity of daily traffic jams.
• Select an ad to display on a community page. If the community has multiple sponsors, you'll want each user to see the ad they're most likely to click on. Your algorithm will predict how likely each click is.
• Predict available time slots for a courier. Train an algorithm for a courier service that predicts which time slots will be used on a particular day.
In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, add professional-level projects to your portfolio, and get a chance to receive recommendations for LinkedIn.
Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed.
You will get:
• A comprehensive curriculum covering both hard and soft skills
Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. You'll learn to work with data using Python, work with databases using SQL, formulate and test hypotheses, identify patterns, and draw conclusions. You will also learn how to communicate with colleagues and stakeholders effectively.
Each course is capped by an independent project, and at the end of the program, you'll complete a project incorporating everything you've studied. Project submission deadlines will come every two to three weeks. To keep up, you should be prepared to devote about 20 hours per week to your studies.
• Tutor support and code reviews
Practicum's tutors are all data professionals with at least three years of experience. They provide guidance through weekly live coding sessions for groups, as well as regular one-on-one meetings. They can also be reached in Slack at any time. Whether you want more detailed explanations of material, help with a project, or advice regarding your professional development goals, your tutor will be there to help you.
Each project you submit will be checked line-by-line by an industry professional. Their feedback will help you polish your work and make sure your portfolio stands out to employers.
• Career Prep Course and Career Acceleration Program
Students will have the opportunity to enroll in our free Career Prep Course and Career Acceleration Program. Participants will optimize their LinkedIn profiles, resumes, and portfolios and write sample cover letters under the direction of a professional career coach. The Career Acceleration Program also offers workshops, mock interviews, and support during the job hunting process.
More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum by Yandex. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
Upfront cost: $11,000
Monthly cost: $1,400