Product Faculty

Courses: Advanced Product Management

Online, Toronto

About Product Faculty

Product Faculty offers a part-time 8-week course in product management in Toronto, Canada. The course covers both basic and advanced product management content including PM Foundations, product strategy, roadmaps, agile methods, business, data, and UX... Read More

Product Faculty envisions empowering product managers with the product ethos required to excel in tomorrow’s economy. Students will review the top Toronto tech start-ups and product cases, and receive resume critiques and mock interviews to help strategically translate past experience to a product. This guidance better helps students land a product management job.

As well as receiving catered lunch for every class; upon completion of the course, students earn an Advanced Product Management certificate.

Advanced Product Management

Product Faculty Reviews

Overall

5.0/5

5/17/2019
  • Jeremy Seath | Director, Product
  • Graduated: 2019

"THE Product Course to Invest in"

While transitioning into a product role at a fast-paced startup, I was eager to build my skillset and network quickly. I had consumed a ton of content online. But, after reviewing countless frameworks, processes, and case studies I was left feeling like... Read More

When I first met with Moe before the course began, it was clear this was going to be exactly what I needed. And it was.

The content of the course isn't static. It's a living syllabus that is constantly being refined so that it's extremely relevant and well-vetted. Moe goes through great pain's to curate this content specifically for you. I sat with him many times to talk through very specific problems and discuss ways to apply product principles to my organization.

Classmates are eager to extract, and share their knowledge. I joined a cohort with a very diverse set of experiences that I happily keep in touch with today. Class dialogue was focused and I took nearly as much from that dialogue as I did from the lecture.

The network is strong. On joining the course, you're tapped into Moe's extensive and growing network of current and future product leaders. Guest speakers were strong and the alumni network continues to act as a source of information for me as a progress in my career.

All of this says none of the interest Moe has taken in supporting the career development of his students.

The Product Faculty is well worth the price of admission.

5/14/2019
  • Khushboo Khan | Analyst

"Great place to learn!"

I took the 8-week Masterclass on Advanced Product Management from Product Faculty and it has been a very enriching experience. Moe does have a very comprehensively designed course, which apart from covering the concepts of Product also briefs us on the... Read More

The class was a blend of people coming from different backgrounds and level of experience. The whole PF team goes above and beyond to create a value-add experience for students. Plus, their post-course support is excellent and very personalized.

I highly recommend this course for anyone (experienced or novice) willing to learn Product Management.

5/13/2019
  • Jash Javeri | Product @ Scotiabank
  • Graduated: 2019

"Product Management at Product Faculty"

I was part of the Winter 2019 cohort and have to say I had a blast participating in Product Faculty’s course. Instead of focusing on simple product management lessons such as user story writing, scrum methodologies, the course focuses on more advanced... Read More

My favourite part of the entire course has to be the guest speakers. Moe who runs the program has a wide variety of contacts in the Toronto product community and he was able to bring in some awesome guests such as VP of Product at Wealthsimple and TouchBistro.

If you are looking for a course that goes beyond the fundamentals but are still taught at a reasonable pace, this course is for you!

5/10/2019
  • Dron Sharma | Product Manager
  • Graduated: 2019

"Best Advanced Product Management Course In TO For Enhancing Practical and Industry-centric Product Knowledge"

I was looking for a PM course with great quality as the biggest priority. After taking a few mock classes and researching well about the various options available in Toronto, I chose Product Faculty. And today post graduating, I am surely very happy to... Read More

5/10/2019
  • Della Dsouza
  • Graduated: 2019

"Amazing course for aspiring Product Managers"

I was part of the Product Faculty (PF) Feb 2019 cohort. My intention behind joining PF was to learn and understand more about product management and break into a product management career. I had compared different product management courses in Toronto.... Read More

There is a good mix of people who come from diverse backgrounds aspiring to be product managers as well as product managers early in their career. This unique class demographic allows you to learn from your fellow classmates as well. There are guest speakers every week, which I found very helpful. These speakers shared their experience in the product management field, we had speakers who are heads of product, VC, product marketing and data science experts. It gives you a very holistic view of what is needed to build or be part of a successful product team.
I would recommend Product Faculty to anyone trying to enhance their skillsets or even break into the product management career. Moe does a good job of giving you the tools to be successful in product management. I am glad to have the opportunity to work with talented people which has only enriched my experience and learning.

5/9/2019
  • Umer Farooq | Product Manager
  • Graduated: 2019

"Getting you ready for the world of Product"

As a product manager working in the field, I was looking for a program that can enhance my knowledge and teach me the frameworks and practices of Product Management. I am glad that I choose Product Faculty, as it turned out to be a very fulfilling experience.... Read More

5/8/2019
  • Alvin Phun | Product Manager
  • Graduated: 2019

"Jumpstart your PM Career"

As a new Product Manager, I was looking for a course that would jumpstart my learning by covering product strategies, agile software development, stakeholder management, and the tactical elements of product management. Not only did Product Faculty provide... Read More

Key learnings from the course:

- How to differentiate your product from the "red ocean" of competitors
- How to conduct strong customer interviews
- How to prioritize product feedback
- How to work effectively with your sales team to ensure the product is solving the right market problems
- and much more!

Moe has been an awesome mentor to me and I've applied so many of his teachings to my current work. It was also great to be surrounded by smart and ambitious classmates that were either aspiring product managers or are currently in the role, which was amazing as I was able to gain so many different perspectives that has made me a stronger PM today.

5/7/2019
  • Allen Liu
  • Graduated: 2019

"An Amazing Course For Product Managers"

After several online courses, I finally decided to start to take an actual product management course to get some hands-on experience and explore more. When I was looking for a product management course, I wasn't only looking for fundamental knowledge... Read More

Moe is always willing to share and communicate with his students. The course taught by him covers from the most basic to advanced knowledge and skills you need as a product manager. The course is appropriately set and designed so the students can learn from multiple sides of the business. A product manager will need to work with various teams within the company. Learning this course will help you speak their languages and manage the relationships better. Plus, the class size is appropriate to let Moe have enough time to help each student individually.

Each week, the course will have a guest speaker. Usually, a senior level product management personnel, to speak about what is it like to be a product manager in their industry and how do they solve problems daily. Learning from them is important because each industry faces different challenges and the skills they require is not necessarily the same.

If you are currently not a product manager, this course offers an enhanced experience on how to land a product manager role. Moe and the team (usually Ayhan) will have meetings and phone calls with the students. Teach them how to hunt for a position that fits their profile the best. They also cover everything from resume editing to job interview skills to make sure you are ready when there's a chance.

In all, Moe and the team did a fantastic job to make sure the course is valuable and can help the students. I enjoyed and learned a lot from this course.

5/3/2019
  • Hussam Zaghal | Growth at Lake Finance
  • Graduated: 2019

"The best Product Management course for aspiring PMs"

If you're an aspiring PM, I would highly recommend you look into this course. Moe has done an excellent job building a bootcamp 'experience'. Product Faculty is not a class you take every Saturday, it's a training ground where you can grow your PM skills,... Read More

I was part of the Feb - Apr 2019 cohort, one of the largest cohorts to date. Despite the size of the class, Moe still found a way to connect with each student individually and help them with their goals. For me personally, he made several introductions to people in his network, forwarded online resources my way, and set aside several hours during work weeks to recap a class with me that I missed on the weekend.

Moe lives and breathes Product. His classes were really informative, and the group activities + project allowed me to actually take some of my learnings and apply them through actual PM practice. The weekly guest speakers were a huge value-add. Having the chance to learn how Product Leaders operate and execute, and how much that varies across the board, was really insightful.

If you're on the hunt for a PM job before, during, or after the course Moe and Ayhan offer a lot of support. They'll help you refine your resume, send you job postings, and if there's a fit, will make introductions where needed.

Last, but not least, the colleagues and relationships I built while at the course were great. Moe really does a good job of filtering through applicants and making sure he's bringing on the right people.

Excellent course! I'm gonna miss Product Faculty!

5/1/2019
  • Amit Padda | Digital Product Manager
  • Graduated: 2019

"One of a kind PM course!"

At first Moe’s class just seemed like every other Product Management class, but its not. He has put together a program that not only will teach you advanced Product Management but help you develop a product mindset. I was one of those people who thought... Read More

The other part of what makes this course unique, is the recruiting module. Need help with your career plan? Need advice on a specific job you’re looking at? Or want to hear an unbiased opinion about your resume? Moe’s team is there to help and make sure you’re confident to move forward in your career!

Product Faculty's average rating is 5.0 out of 5.0 based on 17 review(s).