Springboard

Best Bootcamp

Ranked 2022 Best Bootcamp

About Springboard

Location: Online

Springboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online programs in software engineering, data science, machine learning, UI/UX design, cybersecurity, and more.... Read More

All Springboard courses are 100% online, remote, and self-paced throughout an average of six to nine months.

The Springboard experience gives our students access to a unique community of industry mentors, thought leaders, and alumni, who are on hand to offer insights, networking opportunities, and support throughout our programs and well past graduation. Every Springboard student is matched with a personal student advisor and industry mentor who guides them throughout the program through regular video calls.

Before graduation, Springboard’s career services team supports students in their job search, helping prepare them for interviews and networking, and facilitates their transition into the tech industry. Our tuition-back guarantee allowing students a six-month runway to secure the role of their dreams means students can take charge and invest in themselves.

Springboard’s support does not end when students graduate. All our graduates benefit from an extensive support network encompassing career services, 1:1 career coaching, networking tips, resume assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation.

This approach has seen considerable success: since Springboard was founded in 2013, 94% of eligible graduates secured a job within one year, earning an average salary increase of $26,000.

Springboard is excited to offer SwitchUp an exclusive scholarship for $500 off tuition! Use promo code SWITCHUP500 when enrolling. *This offer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already summited an application cannot claim this scholarship. This scholarship cannot be combined with other scholarships and/or offers. Qualifying Courses: Data Analytics Career Track, Data Science Career Track, Software Engineering Career Track, UI/UX Design Career Track, UX Career Track,

At Springboard, we equip our students with the skills they'll need to find their dream jobs in a tech-centric economy. To that end, we believe in providing transparency around our outcomes, so that students like you can make well-informed decisions. This report is intended to provide information regarding data on job placements and student demographics for all Springboard career tracks: https://ddf46429.springboard.com/uploads/resources/1644953246_Outcomes_2021_All_Career_Tracks.pdf.

Software Engineering Career Track Prep Course

Cost: $490
Duration: 4 weeks
Locations: Online

Learn HTML/CSS and JavaScript in this online self-paced course from your own senior software engineer mentor. The perfect foundation to becoming a software engineer and taking more advanced job-guaranteed bootcamps like Springboard’s Software Engineer Career Track.

CSS, HTML, JavaScript

UX Career Track

Cost: $7,900
Duration: 24 weeks
Locations: Online

Become a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! If you don’t land a job within six months of graduating from this intensive user experience course, your tuition will be refunded.

The UX Career Track is a self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job. Of course, from day one onward, you’ll enjoy one-on-one support from an industry mentor and a strong community of fellow students all working toward reaching their career goals.

Upfront: $6,900
Monthly: $1,299

Deferred Tuition: $500 deposit, $527 for 18 months after starting new job, total is $10,000

UX Testing, A/B Testing, UI Design, UX, UX Design

UI/UX Design Career Track

Cost: $11,900
Duration: 36 weeks
Locations: Online

Springboard's UX Design course is an introductory online course for learning UX Design. The objective of the course is to emphasize learning by doing and help you build a portfolio as you learn. We also interleave industry insights with learning material for wider context and awareness.

When you enroll in this course, you will get -
1. You will get a high-quality online curriculum, which contains the best UX learning resources handpicked from the web and structured into a logical curriculum by an experienced UX Designer.
2. A Student Advisor will talk with you about your learning objectives and preferences for a mentor, and find the best 1-1 mentor match accordingly. They will support you throughout the course.
3. As you work through the curriculum and projects at your own pace, you will have 1-1 video calls with your mentor every week. You can ask them questions about the curriculum, get project feedback or career advice.
4. In addition to your weekly mentor calls, you'll have access to weekly live Office Hours and an exclusive community of mentors and students for discussions with the broader community.
5. Once you finish the course material and submit the Capstone Project, you will get a Certificate of Completion.

This course is suitable for -
a) anyone who wants to transition into a career in UX
b) anyone who works with UX/UI Designers and wants to understand their work better

Upfront: $10,000
Monthly: $1,299

Deferred Tuition: $700 deposit, $794 for 18 months after starting new job, total is $15,000

UX

Springboard Reviews

Springboard logo

4.68/5 (1319 reviews)

Graduated: 2017

"Insightful"

The Pros:
Attending the Springboard UX Design program helped me fill in some gaps about the UX Design process. I had some exposure and practice with the UX process before taking the course. However, my knowledge and experience were minimal. The Springboard... Read More

Having access to a real mentor gave me the confidence that I was on the right path to learning UX design. My mentor was helpful and insightful in answering questions I had about the UX process and the new skills I was learning. In addition to the online training curriculum, I also had the support system of fellow students taking the course. This was helpful when getting feedback about my projects.

The cons:
The Springboard UX Design course is a great course for anyone who is alright with learning online. If you like to ask lots of questions, or need to be able to interact with other humans then this course probably isn't the best. Although you do have access to other students through an email type system, that about it. You are assigned a mentor, but you have limited time with your mentor over skype or via phone calls. In this respect, you miss out on that detailed human interaction that you can ask detailed questions and get real feedback.

Dimitri Kourouniotis, MSc
Graduated: 2017

Overall

"Overall very challenging but rewarding, hopefully the time estimates for the curriculum coursework has been addressed."

I know the curriculum has changed since I started the course Oct 2017, so some of the criticisms may no longer apply. The strongest part of the course is the access to the mentor(s) and the team of career coaches.

The curated course content overall is... Read More

I have worked every week/other week with my career coach to refine my resume, profile etc. I am getting invitations to on-site interviews and phone screens.

Zhenfeng Liu
Data Scientist | Graduated: 2018

Overall

"Springboard Data Science Career Track"

I attended the Springboard Data Science Career Track program for ~5 months. I did some research before entering. I had some coding and data analysis experience before entering. This one suits me the best among other data science courses, because (1) It's... Read More

The curriculum, while not perfect, is well curated and organized and covers not just technical subjects, but also career support. I get 30 minutes with a mentor every week to review my assignments, answer my questions, etc. My mentor had similar background as I do and had gone through the academia to industry transition before, so he was able to offer valuable advices in addition to technical guidance. At the end of the course, I was required to pass 4 mock interviews and complete two capstone projects which prepared me a lot for the job hunting. I landed interviews from many companies, from start-up to large companies like Amazon, near the end of my study. Though, I have to say, the course alone won't be enough for interviews at the likes of Amazon and Google, it should be sufficient to help you land you positions at mid-tier companies.

Overall, I find what I learned very useful, the experience with my mentor pleasant, and the cost reasonable. If you are someone who is considering transition to data science, but cannot quit your job for dedicated bootcamps, I definitely recommend this program from Springboard.

Ian Thomas Farrell
Jr. Product Designer | Graduated: 2018

Overall

"If you're a self starter, Springboard could be for you."

I walked into Springboard with not a lot of expectations, mostly because I knew so little about UX Design to begin with. With my background in graphic design though, I found that a lot of the teachings and exercises came intuitively as I navigated the... Read More

Andrew Zoka
Foreign Service Officer | Graduated: 2016

"Great learning experience"

The great thing about Springboard is the abundance of support, weekly calls from the mentor and a clear walk through of the cutting edge course material.

Iren
teacher | Graduated: 2018

Overall

"Great if you are just starting out in the field"

Starting UX with Springboard was challenging especially if you come from non- designer field. My accomplished tasks looked unprofessional, due to the lack of knowledge in the graphic design field. It gave you theoretical knowledge, however, the content... Read More

Paul Carson
Business Analyst | Graduated: 2017

Introduction to Data Science

Overall

"Great experience with Springboard intro to ds"

Having a mentor to keep moving forward and bounce things off of was very helpful. The content was great but being able to reach out with the inevitable, wait, how does that work type of questions was great.
Working through a capstone project provided a... Read More

Data Scientist | Graduated: 2018

"Worth every penny"

This program helped me nearly double my salary, and got me into the job that I wanted.

User Experience Specialist | Graduated: 2018

Overall

"Good course, good material"

The program was great - the one on one time with a mentor was good as well. I was between jobs and wanted to change career paths so it gave me a good footing for the world of UX design and the behind the scenes look at what and how things get done. it... Read More

Michael Olheiser
Info Security Analyst | Graduated: 2017

Introduction to Data Science

Overall

"An interactive experience that pushed me to learn more"

Having a B.S. in Math reduced the learning curve for me to complete the content in the Introduction to Data Science course but the real challenge and fun came from the projects and interaction with my mentor and the community. Learning and research is... Read More

Compare Similar Bootcamps

Frequently Asked Questions

What financing options are offered by Springboard?

Springboard offers many financing options, such as Scholarships, Loan Financing, Deffered Payment, and Upfront Payments.

What courses are offered at Springboard?

There are many courses you can take at Springboard. These include the Cyber Security Career Track, Data Analytics Career Track, Data Engineering Career Track, Data Science Career Track, Data Science Career Track Prep, Introduction to Design, Machine Learning Engineering Career Track, Software Engineering Career Track, Software Engineering Career Track Prep Course, UI/UX Design Career Track, and UX Career Track.

What are the job outcomes for Springboard?

For UX Design and Data Science Career Track students, the average salary increase is $26K.

Springboard alumni work at various tech companies, such as Wayfair, Boeing, Pandora, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn, and more.

What is the application process at Springboard like?

Prospective students need to fill out the course's application form to get started. There is no application fee and the application takes about 10-15 minutes to complete. After completing the initial application, Springboard will reach out to you to schedule an interview with one of their Admissions Managers to discuss your background and learning goals to make sure you're a good fit for the program.

If it's a fit, they'll send you a technical skills survey to test your skills and experience. Applicants spend up to 3 hours on this. If you pass the skills survey, Springboard will send you a registration link so you can choose the start date and payment plan that works for you.