Springboard

Courses: Software Engineering Career Track, Software Engineering Career Track Prep Course, Data Analytics Career Track, Data Engineering Career Track, Data Science Career Track, Data Science Career Track Prep, Digital Marketing Career Track, +5 more.
Introduction to Cybersecurity, Introduction to Design, Machine Learning Engineering Career Track, UI/UX Design Career Track, UX Career Track

Online

About Springboard

Springboard is an online school for learning 21st century skills in fields like data science, UX design, digital marketing, and business analytics. Springboard has served thousands of students around the world through a combination of expert-curated curricula... Read More

Springboard's self-paced courses offer students the opportunity to develop job-ready skills that they display in an industry-worthy capstone or portfolio projects. And throughout the process, students receive support from their industry mentor, as well as Springboard's resident advisors and the larger student/alumni community.

UI/UX Design Career Track

• Cost: $15,000
Locations: Online

Springboard's UX Design course is an introductory online course for learning UX Design. The objective of the course is to emphasize learning by doing and help you build a portfolio as you learn. We also interleave industry insights with learning material for wider context and awareness.

When you enroll in this course, you will get -
1. You will get a high-quality online curriculum, which contains the best UX learning resources handpicked from the web and structured into a logical curriculum by an experienced UX Designer.
2. A Student Advisor will talk with you about your learning objectives and preferences for a mentor, and find the best 1-1 mentor match accordingly. They will support you throughout the course.
3. As you work through the curriculum and projects at your own pace, you will have 1-1 video calls with your mentor every week. You can ask them questions about the curriculum, get project feedback or career advice.
4. In addition to your weekly mentor calls, you'll have access to weekly live Office Hours and an exclusive community of mentors and students for discussions with the broader community.
5. Once you finish the course material and submit the Capstone Project, you will get a Certificate of Completion.

This course is suitable for -
a) anyone who wants to transition into a career in UX
b) anyone who works with UX/UI Designers and wants to understand their work better

Upfront: $10,000
Monthly: $1,299

Deferred Tuition: $700 deposit, $794 for 18 months after starting new job, total is $15,000

Subjects: UX

UX Career Track

• Cost: $15,000
Locations: Online

Become a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! If you don’t land a job within six months of graduating from this intensive user experience course, your tuition will be refunded.

The UX Career Track is a self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job. Of course, from day one onward, you’ll enjoy one-on-one support from an industry mentor and a strong community of fellow students all working toward reaching their career goals.

Upfront: $6,900
Monthly: $1,299

Deferred Tuition: $500 deposit, $527 for 18 months after starting new job, total is $10,000

Subjects: UX Testing, A/B Testing, UI Design, UX, UX Design

Springboard Reviews

Overall

4.59/5

5/16/2017
  • Elizabeth
  • Introduction to Data Science
  • Graduated: 2017

"Foundations of Data Science Review"

I recently completed the Foundations of Data Science course. It took me a little less than 3 months to complete the curriculum and capstone project.

The best part about Springboard is the mentoring. I loved my mentor--she was extremely generous with her... Read More

I came to Springboard with no coding background , but with a graduate degree and some knowledge of statistics. Springboard does not make ANY of their own curriculum and they don't craft any tie-ins or connections between the different lessons. A large part of the curriculum is based off of Data Camp to learn R. Learning through Data Camp has it's own set of challenges and none of these are addressed by Springboard. Other components of the course include the EdX Analytics series and dplyr videos through Data School. Many of these resources are good on their own, but none is complete enough to give the student (or at least one w/o a coding background) sufficient foundation to tackle the assignments. Often the assignments are so disconnected from the curriculum, that they are difficult to complete w/o help for your mentor--which is OK to a degree, but given that each mentor session is 30 minutes--often time runs out before addressing the capstone and other project concerns. I really feel that more attention should be paid to the curriculum---it is certainly OK to use resources from other sites, but there should be reinforcement of key concepts like..writing functions...through either supplemental videos created by Springboard, or focus lessons during the office hours.

With regard to job assistance--there is none and the career materials provided, again are brief You Tube video clips or books that are not presented in any kind of way to give the student a view of the field, options for careers or even guidance in terms of moving forward with skills, once one completes the course. In fact, after completing the course, there is zero follow up or transition. I never received any certificate or any kind of "next steps if you want to keep learning" email. Once I finished and got my rubric from my mentor (and stopped paying the monthly fee), Springboard went off the radar.

4/4/2017
  • Anonymous | Student
  • Graduated: 2016

"The Best Introduction To Data Science"

I researched a lot about the skills needed, the kind of practice required and the importance of a mentor when trying to dive deep into the field of Data Science. I spoke to people who were data scientists and they stressed about the positive effect a... Read More

An extremely flexible schedule, a thorough curriculum which makes on understand every concept from the ground up, super fun mentors and a great community - everything that one needs to begin a career in Data Science is right there. Highly recommend taking the course.

• Tancy

"I highly recommend it!"

Compared to other online data science training programs, the best part of the SpringBoard is the mentor system in which they assigned a prominent Data Scientist working in the industry as your mentor. Using google search, everyone can easily find thousands... Read More

• Landon Barnickle | Consulting Software Engineer
  • Graduated: 2017

"Mentor Led Deep Dive into Data Science"

Springboard's Data Science Intensive is a great blend of self paced study, practical coursework, and mentor led training. As part of my mid-career self improvement, I had begun looking at post graduate data science programs at nearby universities. During... Read More

Having completed the program in early 2017, I feel I came out with a solid technical foundation in data science techniques and tools. On top of that, the practical advice from my awesome mentors was highly valuable with insights into day to day responsibilities and expectations. And, while the sense of community may not have been directly integrated into the course, Springboard does provide the infrastructure of slack channels and office hours for support and communication among students.

• Anonymous | Business Analyst
  • Introduction to Data Science
  • Graduated: 2016

"Do you got what it takes?"

This course was a great and fair step in helping me to determine if data science was the right path for me. The course gives you all the tools and best methods you need to get an introduction to data science. As long as you try, you can get a pretty good... Read More

• Andrew Nguyen | Student

"UX Design on Fleek!"

Hey everyone, I want to let everyone know that this workshop has changed my life.
As a student in software engineering... Sticking with the discipline and the kind of learning I went through, it didn't give me a wider range of knowledge i wished to seek.... Read More

In the workshop, I finished it in 3 months. Depending on how much time you want to put in it, how fast you want to complete it is all up to you. Obviously the more effort you put into the workshop the more you get out of it. It was very flexible to my time but also intimidating to the point where you're not making use of all your money if you decide to miss a week or even 2 weeks. I honestly could've finished it faster if i put my full focus into the workshop. And that's the point of this program, you work at your own pace and you figure out when you can subsidize it with your daily routine.

I've learned quite a big chunk of stuff and used it to my advantage for my school courses(depends) as well as outside business work.
Do you think I recommend this workshop? I definitely do. You will also get a mentor that will guide you through the course and make sure you succeed with satisfaction. Heck, I already miss my mentor :c

3/23/2017

"Intensive learing that works with your schedule."

I took this course to help me make data driven choices in my client experience position. Being able to work at my own pace allowed me to spend more time on things that were more useful/challenging to me while still being held accoountable with weekly... Read More

• Maneesh Janyavula | Software engineer

"Great Community"

I have taken the data science intensive course which is python based and it really helped me gain a proper understanding on how to deal with cleaning data, pre processing data, doing exploratory data analysis and machine learning. The course material... Read More

3/20/2017
  • Abby | Consultant
  • Graduated: 2016

"A very thorough, well guided course"

My experience with the UX Design course at Springboard was incredibly pleasant. The materials gathered and provided to the student are thorough without being overwhelming. Being able to work at my own pace has always been the best way to learn for me... Read More

3/15/2017
  • Riley
  • Graduated: 2016

"Great intro to UX design"

I really enjoyed the Springboard UX design program. It's self-paced, so you do have to have some motivation to finish / get work done, but I found the curriculum to be a great overview of all aspects of UX. I thought all the info was relevant and interesting,... Read More

As for timeline, I was able to finish the program in one month while also working a part time job. I only felt a little pressed for time at the very end when I was finishing up the final project.

The mentor calls were particularly helpful, especially for career and portfolio advice. Overall I thought this course was great and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in UX.

Springboard's average rating is 4.59 out of 5.0 based on 805 review(s).