Springboard

Courses: Cyber Security Career Track, Data Analytics Career Track, Data Engineering Career Track, Data Science Career Track, Data Science Career Track Prep, Introduction to Design, Machine Learning Engineering Career Track, +4 more.
Software Engineering Career Track, Software Engineering Career Track Prep Course, UX Career Track, UI/UX Design Career Track

Online

About Springboard

Springboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online programs in software engineering, data science, machine learning, UI/UX design, cybersecurity, and more.... Read More

All Springboard courses are 100% online, remote, and self-paced throughout an average of six to nine months.

The Springboard experience gives our students access to a unique community of industry mentors, thought leaders, and alumni, who are on hand to offer insights, networking opportunities, and support throughout our programs and well past graduation. Every Springboard student is matched with a personal student advisor and industry mentor who guides them throughout the program through weekly video calls.

Before graduation, Springboard’s career services team supports students in their job search, helping prepare them for interviews and networking, and facilitates their transition into the tech industry. Our tuition-back guarantee allowing students a six-month runway to secure the role of their dreams means students can take charge and invest in themselves.

Springboard’s support does not end when students graduate. All our graduates benefit from an extensive support network encompassing career services, 1:1 career coaching, networking tips, resume assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation.

This approach has seen considerable success: since Springboard was founded in 2013, 94% of eligible graduates secured a job within one year, earning an average salary increase of $26,000.

UI/UX Design Career Track

• Cost: $10,000
Locations: Online

Springboard's UX Design course is an introductory online course for learning UX Design. The objective of the course is to emphasize learning by doing and help you build a portfolio as you learn. We also interleave industry insights with learning material for wider context and awareness.

When you enroll in this course, you will get -
1. You will get a high-quality online curriculum, which contains the best UX learning resources handpicked from the web and structured into a logical curriculum by an experienced UX Designer.
2. A Student Advisor will talk with you about your learning objectives and preferences for a mentor, and find the best 1-1 mentor match accordingly. They will support you throughout the course.
3. As you work through the curriculum and projects at your own pace, you will have 1-1 video calls with your mentor every week. You can ask them questions about the curriculum, get project feedback or career advice.
4. In addition to your weekly mentor calls, you'll have access to weekly live Office Hours and an exclusive community of mentors and students for discussions with the broader community.
5. Once you finish the course material and submit the Capstone Project, you will get a Certificate of Completion.

This course is suitable for -
a) anyone who wants to transition into a career in UX
b) anyone who works with UX/UI Designers and wants to understand their work better

Upfront: $10,000
Monthly: $1,299

Deferred Tuition: $700 deposit, $794 for 18 months after starting new job, total is $15,000

Subjects: UX

Springboard Reviews

Overall

4.69/5

7/25/2017
  • Arez | Chief Strategist

"UX"

Fun course I really learned a lot and enjoyed it. You'll learn everything the pros know in this course. Enjoy.

• Dhanae Dias

"Excellent for beginners"

I wanted to start working with UX Design, and Springboard really helped me to know more about the subject, I totally recommend for those who don't know how to start. At the end of the course, I had a big project to use on my portfolio. The price is very... Read More

• Amelia Goldberg | UX Writer
  • Graduated: 2017

"Excellent UX Design course"

I took Springboard's UX Design course, and really enjoyed my experience. The curriculum was engaging, varied enough to accommodate many different learning styles, and was dynamic - Springboard updates their curriculum all the time, so nothing feels out... Read More

The self-paced nature of the class is a bit of a double-edged sword, because you can finish the course while working a full time job, but it does mean you need to be really self-motivated - I work full time, and finished the course in 3 months. Both your mentor and Springboard advisors are extremely helpful and supportive, and can even provide suggested timelines for what to work on each week in order to finish the course in the time that meets your needs.

As I mentioned earlier, each student is assigned a mentor, with whom you work closely, meeting each week to discuss progress, goals, and other, non-course-related aspects of UX design work. This mentor/student relationship was invaluable to my success. My mentor is extremely talented and charismatic and working with her helped keep me on track.

I highly recommend Springboard to anyone looking for a dive into UX Design.

• Laura Hamrick | Web Designer/UX Designer
  • Graduated: 2017

"UX Design Course - Highly Recommend"

I would definitely recommend the Springboard UX Design course to anyone that is looking to learn UX Design or would like to get a jump start on putting some UX examples on their portfolio. I had worked in UX for about a year but didn't have any personal... Read More

This course was great because as a freelance web designer, my schedule isn't consistent week to week. Since the course is flexible, you are able to do as much or as little of the work each week to make it work for you.

I was left with an amazing portfolio piece on the entire process of UX Design and have been offered multiple positions since completing the course. I also felt extremely comfortable in the interviews as I was confidently able to walk through the ENTIRE UX Design process since I had gone through every piece.

Would highly recommend this to anyone interested in UX!

• Ashley Chan | UX / UI designer

"Great review on"

Decided to learn about UX design in an attempt to change the course of my career and I'm extremely happy I did it with Springboard! Though I'm now working more towards UI design, the course gave me a good foundation on UX, design thinking when solving... Read More

I felt very catered to with a flexible schedule, practical projects, and a thorough curriculum it was extremely fun to learn. The best part of the course is the one-on-one time with industry experts / mentors (shout out to Andre Martins!). It was not only insightful to attain advice directly from these mentors but inspiring to meet and learn from them!

7/23/2017
  • Sonia | Principal Program Manager
  • Graduated: 2016

"Excellent experience with Data Analytics workshop"

My experience with Springboard's Data Analytics course was very valuable as it provided a clear and logical framework that has helped me think of data analysis and insights more holistically than I was doing earlier. Also, I have been able to apply some... Read More

Two aspects of the workshop I liked best:

1. The course content focused on real-life examples, skills, and practices supported by excellent feedback from my mentor.

2. My mentor was very knowledgeable and was able to give me not only feedback on my assignments but also pointers to additional information and reading materials that he knew would be applicable to my job.

7/22/2017
  • Aflinn
  • Graduated: 2017

"UX Design - Beginners or Refreshers"

I signed up for the course for a career change; starting in marketing and then software consulting. The user experience was extremely interesting to me and it's one of the fastest growing career paths, still being defined.

This course was comprehensive,... Read More

Highly recommend this course for those wanting to break into the industry or want a refresher on the principles of UX.

7/22/2017
  • AISHA IBRAHIM
  • Graduated: 2017

"SPRINGBOARD - Data Analytics for Business"

I'm very happy with the Springboard course I recently concluded (data analytics for business).
It's a 12-week program but it went by in a flash!
A very big shout out to my mentor (Paras Doshi) who was extremely patient and kind and extremely knowledgeable... Read More

Thank you, springboard!

5/16/2017
  • Elizabeth
  • Introduction to Data Science
  • Graduated: 2017

"Foundations of Data Science Review"

I recently completed the Foundations of Data Science course. It took me a little less than 3 months to complete the curriculum and capstone project.

The best part about Springboard is the mentoring. I loved my mentor--she was extremely generous with her... Read More

I came to Springboard with no coding background , but with a graduate degree and some knowledge of statistics. Springboard does not make ANY of their own curriculum and they don't craft any tie-ins or connections between the different lessons. A large part of the curriculum is based off of Data Camp to learn R. Learning through Data Camp has it's own set of challenges and none of these are addressed by Springboard. Other components of the course include the EdX Analytics series and dplyr videos through Data School. Many of these resources are good on their own, but none is complete enough to give the student (or at least one w/o a coding background) sufficient foundation to tackle the assignments. Often the assignments are so disconnected from the curriculum, that they are difficult to complete w/o help for your mentor--which is OK to a degree, but given that each mentor session is 30 minutes--often time runs out before addressing the capstone and other project concerns. I really feel that more attention should be paid to the curriculum---it is certainly OK to use resources from other sites, but there should be reinforcement of key concepts like..writing functions...through either supplemental videos created by Springboard, or focus lessons during the office hours.

With regard to job assistance--there is none and the career materials provided, again are brief You Tube video clips or books that are not presented in any kind of way to give the student a view of the field, options for careers or even guidance in terms of moving forward with skills, once one completes the course. In fact, after completing the course, there is zero follow up or transition. I never received any certificate or any kind of "next steps if you want to keep learning" email. Once I finished and got my rubric from my mentor (and stopped paying the monthly fee), Springboard went off the radar.

4/4/2017
  • Anonymous | Student
  • Intermediate Data Science
  • Graduated: 2016

"The Best Introduction To Data Science"

I researched a lot about the skills needed, the kind of practice required and the importance of a mentor when trying to dive deep into the field of Data Science. I spoke to people who were data scientists and they stressed about the positive effect a... Read More

An extremely flexible schedule, a thorough curriculum which makes on understand every concept from the ground up, super fun mentors and a great community - everything that one needs to begin a career in Data Science is right there. Highly recommend taking the course.

Springboard's average rating is 4.69 out of 5.0 based on 953 review(s).

Compare Similar Bootcamps

Frequently Asked Questions

What financing options are offered by Springboard?

Springboard offers many financing options, such as Scholarships, Loan Financing, Deffered Payment, and Upfront Payments.

What courses are offered at Springboard?

There are many courses you can take at Springboard. These include the Cyber Security Career Track, Data Analytics Career Track, Data Engineering Career Track, Data Science Career Track, Data Science Career Track Prep, Introduction to Design, Machine Learning Engineering Career Track, Software Engineering Career Track, Software Engineering Career Track Prep Course, UI/UX Design Career Track, and UX Career Track.

What are the job outcomes for Springboard?

For UX Design and Data Science Career Track students, the average salary increase is $26K.

Springboard alumni work at various tech companies, such as Wayfair, Boeing, Pandora, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn, and more.

What is the application process at Springboard like?

Prospective students need to fill out the course's application form to get started. There is no application fee and the application takes about 10-15 minutes to complete. After completing the initial application, Springboard will reach out to you to schedule an interview with one of their Admissions Managers to discuss your background and learning goals to make sure you're a good fit for the program.

If it's a fit, they'll send you a technical skills survey to test your skills and experience. Applicants spend up to 3 hours on this. If you pass the skills survey, Springboard will send you a registration link so you can choose the start date and payment plan that works for you.