Tech Elevator

Courses: .NET Coding Bootcamp, Java Coding Bootcamp, +-5 more.
Java Coding Bootcamp

Online, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Detroit, Charlotte, +1 more.
Chicago.

About Tech Elevator

Tech Elevator offers a coding bootcamp dedicated to preparing students for a career as a software developer. Prospective students can choose to study Java or .NET and learn HTML, CSS, SQL, API, and JavaScript. The full-time, 14-week bootcamp runs Monday... Read More

Tech Elevator’s instruction is typically delivered both remotely and in person at campuses located in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Charlotte, Detroit, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. Tech Elevator also offers students beyond its core markets, and throughout North America, class options through its National Live Remote program.

In response to recommended COVID-19 health and safety measures, all market-based bootcamps are currently facilitated in a live remote environment.

Tech Elevator is excited to partner with the City of Charlotte to offer Charlotte residents whose careers were affected by COVID-19 and unemployed or underemployed full tuition in our 14 week program. This unique cohort kicks off November 30th and supports Charlotte residents getting back to work with in-demand skills they need for a career in tech.

Next steps for this limited program:

1- Take the Aptitude Test - No coding required! Test your aptitude to become a software developer.
2 - Apply - Select ‘City of Charlotte & Tech Impact Delaware' as your location.

Job Outcomes

Not Employed 12%
Unemployed and still seeking a job 12%
Unemployed and not seeking a job 0%
Non-reporting 0%

This bootcamp uses the CIRR methodology. All CIRR members use a standardized, one-page format. To ensure complete accuracy, CIRR reports account for each enrolled student. You can compare outcomes with other CIRR members side-by-side. Learn more about CIRR.

.NET Coding Bootcamp

• Cost: $15,500 - $15,500
Locations: Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia

By the time you graduate, you will be able to create dynamic, database-backed web applications using the Java or .NET platform. This will give you the foundational skills to hit the ground running as a junior web application developer.

Specific technologies you will learn include:

- Introduction to programming in Java or C#
- Serverside programming in Java or .NET
- Database programming in Java or .NET
- Java or .NET frameworks and design patterns
- Client side web programming (Javascript, JQuery, Bootstrap, Web services, XML, JSON)

In addition to learning coding skills, you will also develop important career skills through our Pathway Program™ helping to prepare for job interviews and connecting you to hiring companies.

Subjects: C#, CSS, HTML, jQuery, Java, SQL, JavaScript

Java Coding Bootcamp

• Cost: $15,500 - $15,500
Locations: Online, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Charlotte, Chicago

By the time you graduate, you will be able to create dynamic, database-backed web applications using the Java platform. This will give you the foundational skills to hit the ground running as a junior web application developer.

Specific technologies you will learn include:

- Introduction to programming in Java
- Serverside programming in Java
- Database programming in Java
- Java frameworks and design patterns

10/26 start date for Fall 2020

4.9/5

2/19/2020
  • Caitlin Belomy

"It's true. All of it."

Making a career change at 35 was a very scary choice. After years of juggling multiple part-time jobs in education and the restaurant industry, I had worked my way up to a project coordinator role at a well respected university. My job was really good.... Read More

It felt a little crazy to walk away from a steady career and quit my job to attend a bootcamp. I agonized over the decision for months, comparing different options. I researched the heck out of Tech Elevator, just like you’re doing now! I was skeptical of all the positive reviews, and wary of it being a scam. I’m here to add my voice and story to the others posted here and tell you that it’s true. All of it.

Tech Elevator’s program is extremely well structured. The education focuses on core software development concepts, coupled with practical real-world skills needed on the job such as how to work with a team together on the same code using github. By the time you graduate you literally have all the skills you need to create a web application. The career readiness program preps you for success in your job hunt through mock interviews, resume critiques, and networking and public speaking skills. And finally, TE brings in several companies for an event they call “Matchmaking”, giving you six 20-minute interviews with local companies.

I can’t stress enough how important and valuable Matchmaking is. If you’ve ever experienced the nightmare which is applying for a job, you know how difficult it is to get someone to even LOOK at your resume, let alone call you in for an initial interview. Tech Elevator gives you face-to-face interviews with companies who are eager to hire junior developers. Several of them have hired TE grads in the past and are so happy with the quality of those employees that they can’t wait to hire more. My six interviews led to four onsite interviews, which led to three job offers, all $15-20k more than I was making at my old job.

Lastly, I just have to talk about the instructors and staff at Tech Elevator. They are all so dedicated to your success and they truly believe in you. This program is really hard. You will be pushed to the limits of what you’re capable of achieving. I personally struggled a lot the first couple of weeks, but the instructors were available until late in the day to answer my questions. They reassured me that it was okay to struggle and never made me feel bad for asking them questions - and oh boy, I asked a LOT of questions! They really stuck with me until the concepts finally clicked, and I’m grateful that they put so much time into making sure my foundation was completely solid before moving on to more complex topics.

As you can tell from this novel I’ve written, I am so passionate about Tech Elevator. It was the best decision I’ve ever made, and if you’re considering enrolling, DO IT. This program gives you everything you need to start a career as a software developer, you just have to want it. So if you have that drive, you will come out of this program with a new career.

1/20/2020
  • Candace Wells

"Worth It!"

Before coming to Tech Elevator, I was working in the non-profit sector. I felt like I was reaching the ceiling of my career and wanted to pursue software development because of the opportunities, the creativity and the challenge. My opportunity finally... Read More

I didn't have any experience coding, but my instructor Frank broke down the concepts so that I was able to understand them much more clearly. You will learn a lot in a very short time. You will be amazed by what you can do when it's all said and done.

The Pathway Program sets Tech Elevator apart from other bootcamps. They help you with your resume, LinkedIn profile, interview prep, and so much more. Valerie, the Pathway Director, is great! If you do what she says and trust the process, you will be on your way to a new career!

1/20/2020
  • Scott Pickrell
  • Graduated: 2019

"One of the greatest decisions I ever made."

When I think back to the decision of choosing Tech Elevator, I remember feeling nervous. Worried. Excited. Skeptical. Lots of different feelings. I thought, "Fourteen weeks to change my life for the better? Double my salary? Take the next step in my life?... Read More

That chance came to fruition on September 16, 2019. I had my first day of class. I was thrust into a new city, a new building, surrounded by so many new faces. It only took a day or two until some of those new faces became new friends. Our class clicked in a way that I've never experienced before. Not in elementary school, high school, college, a workplace, a sports team, anywhere else. Our class had this unity almost immediately. We all knew we were in this together. We all had each others' backs. We knew what the end goal was and we wanted to see each other make it through. That comradery was there the whole time. I'll be the first to admit that I needed help with the lessons, and I had a network of great people, great friends to lean on when I did. I'd ask my friend next to me, or my friend across the room...

Or... we could go to the instructors who would stay all afternoon if we had questions. Our technical instructors had our backs, they took joy in seeing us pick up these new skills. They're friendly, wonderful people and they brought our classes together and helped facilitate the learning experience. I'm currently a couple weeks into my first job and I've already had a couple conversations with my .NET instructor about how great everything has been so far, and he seems so genuinely excited for me.

Our pathway instructors were equally on that same page. You could see it on their face every day how much they loved what they did, and how much joy they got out of seeing us succeed. It was apparent. Their positivity and encouragement was contagious. It takes a special kind of person to be able to manage a huge group of people, with various backgrounds, various social and technical skills, and be able to bring them together for a common goal and ultimately get us there. They celebrated with us in all of our victories, and picked us up when we were dealing with our struggles. They are amazing people.

I'll never forget the relationships that started thanks to being a part of this program. I'm so excited to see what happens to all of my friends I've made here. I graduated just a few short weeks ago and I've already told several people that going to Tech Elevator was one of the best things I ever did. That it was one of the greatest decisions I made in my life. It opened the door to a future with so much potential and opportunity. It gave me another chance.

If you're considering attending Tech Elevator because you want to make a change in your life, take the chance I took. You won't regret it.

1/12/2020
  • Ross Peterson

"Life Changing Experience"

.NET!
This boot camp taught me so much information and has helped me get a foot in the door for developer jobs. You obviously can't learn everything there is to know in 14 weeks, but I'm confident I have the foundation I need to build a solid career in... Read More

The career training was a huge piece of the puzzle. Since you are learning so much learn stuff during the boot camp, it was incredibly helpful having the Pathway team think about and explain what we need on our resume, Linked In, etc. That was a load off my plate so I could really focus on studying and getting as much as I could out of the curriculum.

Tech Elevator helped me lock down a web developer job before graduation.

1/6/2020
  • Luke Jarrett

"Life Changing, Literally."

It took me over a year to build up the courage from researching coding bootcamps, to find myself in a chair at one of Tech Elevator's Open Houses. Throughout that evening it quickly became clear to me that I had to join this program. I did, and it's changed... Read More

I came from a background of NO college and NO prior coding experience, but I knew I loved technology and solving problems. During that open house (which I HIGHLY recommend you attend) hearing the passion from the staff, the teachers, and their commitment to help you succeed really inspired me. The #1 thing that made it click for me, was the fact that Tech Elevator voluntarily gets audited yearly. You can see the amount of job offers AND the salary brackets of those offers of past students, they aren't trying to pull the wool over your eyes, they aren't making any crazy guarantees like some other programs, you get to see yourself the results for yourself. You can have confidence that when they talk placement rates, it's based of data, and not some crazy marketing plan.

I know what you're thinking; quitting your job PLUS a high cost of entry for the program? That can seem very intimidating, but the result is well worth it in my opinion.

I cannot stress this enough: you will get out what you put in the program.
I had some classmates that, when it was job hunting time, only put in 1 resume a week, others were putting 10. The ones that only put a single resume out a week, well, they got jobs last. You're going to feel stressed, overwhelmed, and burnt out. And that's okay. That's part of it. But on the other side, for 3 months of hard, intense work, you can get a career that is life changing.

For the entire journey, you are being supported by your teachers, you have decades of experience between them, and a fantastic job program (called Pathway) that is run alongside the coding. You get prepped for interviews, soft-skills, resume building, workshop, and technical interviews.
They regularly have panels of alumni, and meetups with free food and drinks.
You'll make friends and it feels good knowing you're all going through the same experience. All of this preparing to launch you into a career of tech.

All in all, if you are looking for a incredible program, amazing teachers, and a staff that wants you to succeed, look no further.

Stay humble, ask questions, push yourself.
I'm glad I did.

12/24/2019
  • Julia

"Worth it"

Tech Elevator was the best risk I took. I was very skeptical at first. There have been so many for profit school scams that have left people broke. When I learned about Tech Elevator I did a lot of research. I was trying to find the disgruntled mutterings... Read More

Unlike other boot camps that train you up in the latest fad Tech Elevator gives you a core education in languages that have been part of the tech industry for decades. They give you a taste of all the components of a web based program. Learning Front end, back end, databases, and javascript gives you the ability to be a confident coder with a wide variety of job prospects.

There are no catches with this education. You don't owe them a percentage of your salary, no one is forcing me to write this as a condition of graduation. I won't lie it's hard work. You get what you put in. If you follow the process do the work, not just the coding but the career prep too, you'll have a job by graduation.

The student to teacher ratio was about 13 to one. There were instructors available after class for one on one tutoring. The instructors are not graduates of the boot camp, they have had long successful careers in coding before choosing to pay it forward and train the next generation. The investment and compassion of the teachers and career counselors was apparent. They care deeply that their students succeed. Nothing I've had experience with in colleges and universities comes close to the kind of career counselling you get here.

As someone with a master's degree in music I didn't think going back to school to re-skill myself was possible. The length of the boot camp and the success of student job placement made it seem possible that I could improve my life. I've never been in the position to consider several job offers and pick a career I want. I'm excited to start my new job just weeks after graduation.

12/24/2019
  • Corynn Kessack
  • Graduated: 2019

"Thank you, Tech Elevator!!!"

My experience with Tech Elevator was absolutely incredible, and I am excited to explain why this was the best personal and professional decision of my life.

My background: I spent the last 5-6 years out of college working at good companies, but I knew... Read More

The beginning of the cohort: The first few days weren’t bad at all! By the end of the week, I felt the most stressed than I did the entire cohort, as I was adjusting to just how demanding this program was going to be. After I got past that week, the rest was challenging, but I felt like I knew how to approach it and what to expect. Tech can be a stressful world, and Tech Elevator helps to prepare you for that through the workload (in addition to providing an unbelievable variety of valuable topics).

Throughout the cohort: The material is go-go-go, but you will keep up. Find the best means of studying for you. There were times that I felt more productive at school, and there were times I preferred to work at home. Do what works for you. The mental and emotional hurdles of this program are greater than the work itself, and it’s important to know that everyone feels like they are barely hanging on. Trust the process and get “comfortable with being uncomfortable”.

End of the cohort: From midway on, we focused a lot on the job-hunt as well as our regular studies, which could get overwhelming. Staying organized and pushing through the stress will help you find that job. Get a few nice interview outfits, and know your vocabulary. :) Matchmaking was a blast, and I prepared constantly for those as well as the on site interviews. I was lucky enough to have a few job offers before the end of the cohort, and well over half of the cohort had secured jobs as well.

Verdict: Again, this program was THE best decision of my life. My income doubled, and I managed to find an incredible company to work for. As I learned about my new department’s tech stack, I felt relieved that 99% of it had been covered at some point in my TE classroom. The instructors are the most heartfelt and encouraging people, and the same can be said for Katie, Ben, Laura, and Maddi (the pathway folks). Don’t be afraid to communicate with them, ask questions, and express what would help you learn or get through this program. THANK YOU, Tech Elevator, and good luck to future TEers out there!! :)

12/20/2019
  • Derrick Henderson
  • Graduated: 2019

"There will be emotions!"

Short and simple, Tech Elevator starts slow, but then sprints through so much technical information, it can seem overwhelming. You will be drinking from the proverbial fire hose. That said, they cover a wide enough base to give you a strong start on your... Read More

What really sets TE apart is the Pathway Program where the Instructors do their best to prepare you for the real world job market and give you the help that you need to succeed in your job search.

12/20/2019
  • CAMERON SCHOONOVER

"It's a book"

Yep. Got chapters and everything. Pages held together by glue (At least I hope that's glue).

That was just a book review from an assignment! This program was great. Our instructors were personable and stayed almost as late as we did each day. The team's... Read More

Our cohort was a bit of an outlier, but I did have a job before finishing the program. Take that as you may, but you should attend Tech Elevator if you want to become a full stack web dev.

12/19/2019
  • Todd Faulkner
  • Graduated: 2019

"Incredible program that will take you from zero to hero in 14 weeks!"

The number one benefit is job placement (and prep for placement). Unparalleled in the industry from everything I have read, heard and seen.

Also, the homework is one of the real strengths of the program.

Finally, the teachers and staff are great.

This programming... Read More

This program is very selective (less that 10% of applicants are admitted), so the quality of people in the program is amazing. I am sure many of my classmates will be friends for life (and perhaps co-workers for life too).

I am a little old-school, so I would have liked some printed material to take with me into my jobs to use as reference. A few more diagrams would have been nice as well, but these are minor issues compared to everything else.

You will not be disappointed with the results.

Tech Elevator's average rating is 4.9 out of 5.0 based on 168 review(s).