Tech Elevator

Courses: .NET Coding Bootcamp, Java Coding Bootcamp

Online, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Dallas, Detroit, +2 more.
Charlotte, Chicago.

About Tech Elevator

Tech Elevator offers a full stack coding bootcamp dedicated to preparing students from a variety of backgrounds for a career as a software developer. Prospective students can choose to study Java or .NET and learn HTML, CSS, SQL, API, and JavaScript.... Read More

Tech Elevator’s instruction is delivered both online and in person at campuses located in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Charlotte, Dallas, Detroit, and Chicago. Tech Elevator also offers students beyond its core markets, and throughout North America, class options through its National Live Remote program.

Tuition and payment options include financing through lending partners Sallie Mae and Ascent, workforce grant dollars, Represent Tech Scholarships, Veteran Benefits and an Income Share Agreement that allows students to pay back tuition once they land a job.

Job Outcomes

Not Employed 8%
Unemployed and still seeking a job 8%
Unemployed and not seeking a job 2%
Non-reporting 2%

This bootcamp uses the CIRR methodology. All CIRR members use a standardized, one-page format. To ensure complete accuracy, CIRR reports account for each enrolled student. You can compare outcomes with other CIRR members side-by-side. Learn more about CIRR.

.NET Coding Bootcamp

• Cost: $15,950
Locations: Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh

By the time you graduate, you will be able to create dynamic, database-backed web applications using the .NET platform. This will give you the foundational skills to hit the ground running as a junior web application developer.

Specific technologies you will learn include:
- Introduction to programming in Java or C#
- Server-side programming in Java or .NET
- Database programming in Java or .NET
- Java or .NET frameworks and design patterns
- Client side web programming (Javascript, JQuery, Bootstrap, Web services, XML, JSON)

In addition to learning coding skills, you will also develop important career skills through our Pathway Program™ helping to prepare you for job interviews and connecting you to hiring companies.

5/10 start date for Summer 2021
9/13 start date for Fall 2021

Subjects: C#, CSS, HTML, jQuery, SQL, JavaScript

Java Coding Bootcamp

• Cost: $15,950
Locations: Online, Philadelphia, Dallas, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Charlotte, Chicago

By the time you graduate, you will be able to create dynamic, database-backed web applications using the Java platform. This will give you the foundational skills to hit the ground running as a junior web application developer.

Specific technologies you will learn include:

- Introduction to programming in Java
- Serverside programming in Java
- Database programming in Java
- Java frameworks and design patterns

3/1 start date for Online Spring 2021

4.92/5

11/11/2020
  • Eli Collinson | Software Engineer
  • Graduated: 2020

"Maybe the best decision I've Ever Made"

I had heard about this program through a friend who was a huge advocate for them. I took the leap and could not be more ecstatic with the result. I have a background in education, and I was amazed by the caliber, knowledge, patience, and genuine warmth... Read More

10/27/2020
  • James Arnold | Senior Analyst
  • Graduated: 2020

"Tech Elevator will land you your dream job."

If you're looking for a boot camp to guide you into your new career in Software Development, there is none better than Tech Elevator. I chose Tech Elevator after seeing the CIRR report that provides complete transparency into their 95% graduation rate... Read More

10/27/2020
  • Tim E | Software Engineer

"Remote [0]"

Tech Elevator's fully remote program is incredibly accommodating, especially in these times of health concerns and increased social distancing. To ensure all students start with the necessary tools, Tech Elevator will send a laptop (and optional extra... Read More

Though the description says the program lasts 14 weeks, there are about 2 weeks of pre-work to complete before classes even begin. For those jumping in with no coding experience, significant time should be devoted to the pre-work.

The first 2-3 weeks of classes cover basic concepts of coding as well as basic syntax and logical methods. Again, it's important to note that for those with no prior coding experience, devote your time to the bootcamp and utilize your study groups. These first few weeks are intense -- they don't use the word "bootcamp" lightly; IT IS A BOOTCAMP. Trust that if you can make it through the first 2 weeks, you will have what it takes to make it through the whole program.

The Pathway Program (Tech Elevator's career program) is only as valuable as the effort put in. Your career coach will meet individually and review your resume, LinkedIn, and elevator pitch in depth, often highlighting and fleshing out details that make one stand out from the rest. There are also events in which hiring managers come to showcase their companies and students are put fact-to-face with recruiters. Because of these events, it's not uncommon for some students to receive an offer even before graduating the program. Again, it should be emphasized that this Pathway Program is only as valuable as the effort put in.

Finally, after graduation, alumni still receive career support for up to six months to land that first coding job. Personally, it was about 10 days after graduation until I received my first offer.

To sum up, Tech Elevator is for those looking for a career change in tech, can afford the tuition, and most importantly, can afford to focus on classes/homework/projects full time for 16 weeks (including the 2 weeks of pre-work). It most definitely takes a lot of commitment, but if completed, the results are worth it.

10/19/2020
  • Elle R | Software Developer I
  • Graduated: 2020

"Learn More Than Just Coding"

I graduated from the summer 2020 Java cohort in August and had a great experience! My 14 weeks were fully remote due to COVID-19. While I was bummed to miss out on the in-person experience, I had no issues learning or interacting virtually with fellow... Read More

10/12/2020
  • Karim Eldessouky | Software Engineer

"Worth Every Penny"

When I was getting ready to register I was reading reviews here and thinking: "This sounds too good to be true". Boy was I wrong! Tech Elevator deserves this great reputation. Everyone that works at this bootcamp is thoughtful, passionate, knowledgeable... Read More

First: The Pathway program was helping me improve my resume, online footprint, practice interviewing as well as the Pathway directors helping find us opportunities and bringing in wonderful companies that wanted to hire us! Vinny, Ben and Katie are the kind of people you need in your corner! They're constantly looking for new opportunities for us, even after the bootcamp is over. They're always there to help or offer advice. Sometimes even after hours! and They will be looking out for you from day 1! Pathway is underrated.

Second: My instructor Steve Carmichael, is probably the best instructor I could ask for!! his teaching style was thoughtful, fun, engaging and We all found ourselves looking forward to lecture every day! Steve would always make time for me when I had more questions. He also brings a wealth of experience in the field that he so generously shared with us. I came out of this bootcamp knowing how to code. But more importantly, due to his wisdom and experience, We all left the class knowing how to continue to grow in our careers and how to continue to excel even in our first, second and third roles. This type of mentorship and wisdom is an unexpected bonus that is priceless for anyone who wants to excel! Steve is a treasure!

Third: Other instructors like Matt, Brian, John, Margaret, Rachelle and Matty were always willing to help! Even if you're not in their class, they were there for you to help you get unstuck, practice technical interviews and make sure you feel confident and prepared!

It is obvious that Tech Elevator focuses on hiring great people. I'm happy to report that Tech Elevator also focuses on admitting great people into the program! I left the bootcamp with a huge network of talented, passionate, inspiring and dedicated peers. We worked long nights together, helped each other understand difficult concepts and became friends along the way!

If you're reading this, please understand that you will have to work hard. However, if you are willing to do the work, this team will help you succeed. Keep in mind this all happened during COVID-19 and the odds were stacked against us. This program was worth every penny.

9/29/2020
  • Eric Brian Woods | IT and Database Coordinator

"Great School"

I had worked in IT for nearly 20 years as a Network Engineer before deciding I needed a career change. It was certainly a difficult course, but I gained experience to jump start me into my new career. I learned a lot from Katie Dwyer, my teacher. I impressed... Read More

9/21/2020
  • Derek Leach | Junior Release Engineer

"Unbeatable Value!!!"

I, like many others, tried to do the "teach yourself coding" path. I took numerous online classes and read books on the hottest technologies, and even with a college degree and 10 years of engineering work experience, I got ZERO traction when it came... Read More

YOU WILL NOT REGRET GOING TO TECH ELEVATOR PITTSBURGH!

9/18/2020
  • Nathaniel C Gero | Software Developer Associate
  • Graduated: 2020

"From welder to Software Developer in 14 weeks"

When I decided I was ready to make a career move the list of boot camps for coding was a long one. Tech Elevator quickly rose to the top of that list based on their proven track record. Coming from a blue collar job working as a welder I was apprehensive... Read More

Regarding the coursework, it was nothing short of phenomenal. Tech Elevator's team of instructors, tutors and mentors are all top notch. They throw a lot at you, and it comes fast, but they also provide the support to help you succeed. The coding portion of their curriculum is rigorous and challenging. It is also highly effective. I went from almost no coding experience to being able to write my first basic program in a matter of weeks. By the end of the cohort I was participating in full stack development of web applications comfortably.

The career prep portion of the cohort was hardly an aside. It was one of the main attractions for me to Tech Elevator. I learned how to effectively sell myself to potential employers. How to build a professional network of peers and mentors. In depth training and practice for both behavioral and technical interviews. These are just a few highlights from that part of the program that did so much to prepare me to actually land a job upon graduation.

Tldr: - Came in with no experience in software development
- Had an exceptional learning and professional development experience led by a team of wonderful people
- Within a month of graduating I have landed my first job as a Software Developer with a reputable company
- 100% recommend Tech Elevator to anyone looking to break into tech

8/27/2020
  • Zachary Lace Williamson | RPA Automator

"Well Worth It!"

You can't put a price on bettering yourself... but if you have to: It's whatever amount Tech Elevator is charging for tuition. Taking control of my future through TE was well worth the time and money. It was the best decision I could have made.

I specifically... Read More

8/25/2020
  • Zeb Larson | Software Development Engineer in Test
  • .NET Coding Bootcamp

"Life Changing"

Tech Elevator is worth every penny. I came to this with a very unusual background (I was a university lecturer and a freelance writer) and was worried that I wouldn't be cut out for it because I'd been away from math for so long. I couldn't have been... Read More

Tech Elevator's average rating is 4.92 out of 5.0 based on 196 review(s).