The Tech Academy

Courses: Full-Time C# and .NET Framework Boot Camp, Full-Time Cyber Security Boot Camp, Full-Time Data Science Boot Camp, Full-Time Front-End Web Developer Boot Camp, Full-Time Game Developer Boot Camp, Full-Time Java and Android Developer Boot Camp, Full-Time JavaScript Developer Boot Camp, +15 more.
Full-Time Mobile App Developer, Full-Time Python Developer Boot Camp, Full-Time Software Developer Boot Camp, Full-Time UI/UX Designer Boot Camp, Part-Time C# and .NET Framework Boot Camp, Part-Time Cyber Security Boot Camp, Part-Time Data Science Boot Camp, Part-Time Front-End Web Developer Boot Camp, Part-Time Game Developer Boot Camp, Part-Time Java and Android Developer Boot Camp, Part-Time JavaScript Developer Boot Camp, Part-Time Mobile App Developer Boot Camp, Part-Time Python Developer Boot Camp, Part-Time Software Developer Boot Camp, Part-Time UI/UX Designer Boot Camp

Online, Salt Lake City, Portland

About The Tech Academy

The Tech Academy offers full and part-time boot camps that can be studied online from anywhere in the world. There are no set start dates or study schedules – students can enroll anytime and study on their own schedule.

Students study at their own speed... Read More

The Tech Academy offers six boot camp tracks:
1. Software Developer Boot Camp
2. Data Science Boot Camp
3. Designer Boot Camp
4. C# and .NET Boot Camp
5. Python Boot Camp
6. Web Developer Boot Camp

Every program starts with computer science basics, which is meant to take away the mystery behind technology and lay the foundation on which the rest of the curriculum is built. Students then learn multiple programming languages and skills needed to be a successful developer.

At the end of their program, students participate in a live project and receive job placement training. The live project gives students the opportunity to work on a real-world software development project that they can add to their resume. The job placement training teaches them how to build a technical resume, best networking and interview practices, and all the skills needed to have the best chance at getting a good job in technology.

Graduates from The Tech Academy are trained in several in-demand programming languages and are set up for a long-lasting, successful career in technology. No background or experience is required. Enrollment is open now so you can start today!

Part-Time Software Developer Boot Camp

• Cost: $26,640
Locations: Online, Portland, Salt Lake City

The Software Developer Boot Camp is our premier program. Due to its magnitude and thoroughness, we recommend this boot camp above all others. On this program, students learn seven of the most popular and in-demand programming languages. Graduates of this boot camp are well-prepared for a career in software and web development in a wide range of positions. By the end of their training, students will have a robust résumé. Software Developer Boot Camp graduates are well-rounded, full-stack, junior-level developers set up for a myriad of entry-level developer positions. Languages covered in this boot camp include: C#, Python, JavaScript, HTML, CSS, SQL, and more.

The benefits of the Software Developer Boot Camp:
-This is our most comprehensive and substantial program.
-It has the highest graduate salary and job placement rate of all our programs.
-There’s around 1,000 hours of study content and activities.
-It includes two 2-week Live Projects, providing substantial real-world development experience that can be added to your resume.
-This boot camp covers front-end and back-end web and software development.

Courses included in the Software Developer Boot Camp:
13. Job Placement Course

Part-Time UI/UX Designer Boot Camp

• Cost: $19,974
Locations: Online, Portland, Salt Lake City

The UI/UX Designer Boot Camp covers writing code in Python, creating aesthetic websites and visually appealing programs. Students will learn how to develop user-friendly websites and software. Graduates of this boot camp will be prepared for positions as entry-level UI designer, entry-level UX developer and entry-level web/software developer.

Courses included in the UI/UX Designer Boot Camp:

9/6/2015
  • Tim
  • Graduated: 2015

"Wonderful decision"

I decided to come to the Tech Academy specifically because of the foundation that it builds. It doesn't seem like anyone else out there is paying as much attention to building a solid foundation as the Tech Academy is.
I am now an employed developer.

4/29/2015
  • Matt
  • Graduated: 2014

"I highly recommend The Tech Academy"

I had been out of the computer science field for 9 years. My family was at the point that I needed to change jobs and make more money. Going back to traditional schooling didn't make sense. We could not afford it and to put it on a loan would be moving... Read More

4/29/2015
  • NJ
  • Software Developer Boot Camp

"I got exactly what I wanted out of this experience and I couldn't recommend it enough..."

"Ever since I was young, I always had a fascination with computers and software. It started with a Visual Basic game programming book I picked up at the store when I was 10, and just spiraled out of control from there. I read everything I could get my... Read More

This past year when college wasn't quite working out for me, I decided to pack up, and move from Atlanta to Portland in early January. I started at the Tech Academy as soon as I arrived. I knew I had the skills to break into the industry, but with my partial college background, and limited formal experience, I felt like I could benefit from the training and connections at The Tech Academy.

One of the things I really enjoyed most about The Tech Academy was the self paced learning structure. I consume information quickly, and when I throw myself at something, it kind of consumes my life. I threw myself at the program for up to 10 hours a day, almost every day of the week, living and breathing code. I came into the office as often as I could, and just worked until I either felt like I'd hit a roadblock and needed some time to think, or felt like passing out. If you're going to be going through this program, I recommend you take the same approach.

I've never really dived too far into .NET, there's a lot of information regarding the framework, and it's tough to pick a place to start. But the way information was presented made it easy to digest, especially for an experienced developer like myself. I got a much better grasp on databases, ASP.NET, LINQ, agile development fundamentals, GIT, and even python. I graduated with an MTA certification, and a lot of the holes in my self training over the years were filled. As a developer, I'm much more confident today than I was just two short months ago.

I quickly jumped into a few live projects a few weeks after starting, which consisted of live development work on paid projects. These projects directly related to the job I ended up getting at a company specializing in data acquisition and web services. When I described the skills I used on these projects in my interview with the company, they were extremely impressed that someone as young as me had worked with the specific technologies and skills used to complete these live projects.

If you're a self motivated individual that truly has a passion for software, with tons or little to no experience, and you're looking to pad your developer skills, I cannot recommend The Tech Academy enough. Just a few weeks ago I was a transplant in Portland, with no connections, no job, no plans, nothing. Now, I've got a 60k a year job with full benefits, working at an amazing company, in a beautiful office in downtown Portland, with the latest technologies as a junior software developer. I got exactly what I wanted out of this experience,and I couldn't recommend it enough to anyone looking to follow a similar path."

• Graduated: 2014

"Very positive experience, learned a lot"

Really nice staff at The Tech Academy, very caring and hard working individuals. What I loved most about the program was how broad it was. I felt I got a really good grasp of a lot of the different fundamentals of programming. It was great to go through... Read More

• Neil T.
  • Graduated: 2014

"Overall, I am happy with my experience at the school and feel that I have a strong foundation of knowledge and skills that will benefit me throughout my career in the software industry."

Studying at The Tech Academy was a great experience, and was a big key in reaching my goals of learning a lot about software development, understanding object oriented programming, and landing a job at an awesome software company in Portland. I began... Read More

The curriculum was very comprehensive and I liked that it covered complicated concepts like object oriented programming and databases, and wasn't limited to just learning a handful of simpler Web-based languages. I liked that I was challenged frequently, and was often stuck, but help was always available when I couldn't figure something out. I found the C# drills to be particularly challenging, and helped me the most when I went to take the MTA exam. When I first walked into the school, there's no way I could have passed the exam. Taking the exam and answering the questions correctly made me realize how much I've learned over the past few months. Overall, I am happy with my experience at the school and feel that I have a strong foundation of knowledge and skills that will benefit me throughout my career in the software industry.

• Johnny Reaser
  • Graduated: 2014

"I can't recommend The Tech Academy enough."

I have 17 years of Software Quality Experience and was faced with a career path that had changed dramatically after I became gainfully unemployed. The need to be familiar with code had changed to actually having to be able to code. Automation had taken... Read More

• Robert Ault
  • Graduated: 2014

"The Tech Academy has put together a concise efficient program that guides students to an impressive level of functioning right out of the gate."

I came to The Tech Academy already a software engineer. It's been a few years since I've used C# and .Net and wanted some refresher on Microsoft technologies. I also found the coursework covered areas other boot camps don't. During my time there I got... Read More

The first course reminded me what software's roots are. It's easy to get caught up in the latest language or framework, but it's all underpinned with binary. Those fundamentals are important as languages and frameworks continue to abstract away the mechanics of computation. Each course at The Tech Academy builds on concepts from the previous in a way that guides students in a soup-to-nuts path. Where the landscape of learning software is broad and meandering, The Tech Academy has put together a concise efficient program that guides students to an impressive level of functioning right out of the gate. I'd like to say thank you to everyone at The Tech Academy for being who you are, great people, with great vision and continued success.

• Daniel H.
  • Graduated: 2014

"I would highly recommend the Tech Academy to anyone seeking quick entry into software development."

Before coming to the Tech Academy I had been trying for the past year to change career fields from engineering to the tech industry. I had some programming knowledge, and was able to get a few interviews, but my skills were never quite strong enough to... Read More

3/3/2015

"Exceeded my expectations"

Simply put, I went from very little knowledge of coding to being a skilled developer in a few months. The staff were friendly and helpful and I landed a great job immediately after I completed this program. Definitely the best code school I've found (I... Read More

The Tech Academy's average rating is 4.8 out of 5.0 based on 279 review(s).