The Tech Academy

Best Bootcamp

Ranked 2022 Best Bootcamp

About The Tech Academy

Location: Online, Portland

The Tech Academy offers full and part-time boot camps that can be studied online from anywhere in the world. There are no set start dates or study schedules – students can enroll anytime and study on their own schedule.

Students study at their own speed... Read More

The Tech Academy offers six boot camp tracks:
1. Software Developer Boot Camp
2. Data Science Boot Camp
3. Designer Boot Camp
4. C# and .NET Boot Camp
5. Python Boot Camp
6. Web Developer Boot Camp

Every program starts with computer science basics, which is meant to take away the mystery behind technology and lay the foundation on which the rest of the curriculum is built. Students then learn multiple programming languages and skills needed to be a successful developer.

At the end of their program, students participate in a live project and receive job placement training. The live project gives students the opportunity to work on a real-world software development project that they can add to their resume. The job placement training teaches them how to build a technical resume, best networking and interview practices, and all the skills needed to have the best chance at getting a good job in technology.

Graduates from The Tech Academy are trained in several in-demand programming languages and are set up for a long-lasting, successful career in technology. No background or experience is required. Enrollment is open now so you can start today!

Self-Paced UI/UX Designer Boot Camp

Cost: $2,800
Duration: 28 weeks
Locations: Online

Our self-paced boot camps offer a more affordable option for students. They are called “self-paced” because students complete their studies without Instructor interaction – students can automatically complete studies on their own.

The Self-Paced UI/UX Designer Boot Camp was created for people who not only want to learn to code, but who want to create aesthetically pleasing and easy-to-use programs and websites. Graduates of this boot camp are full-stack web and software developers, who are also trained in design. This boot camp covers several programming languages, including front end and back end development. Once the student is trained in basic coding, they move into creating sleek user interfaces with a user-friendly experience.

Benefits of the Self-Paced UI/UX Designer Boot Camp:
-600 hours of study content and activities.
-Covers full-stack, front-end and back-end web and software development.

Courses included in the Self-Paced UI/UX Designer Boot Camp:
7. UI/UX Designer Course
8. Project Management Course
9. Job Placement Course

Subjects:
CSS, HTML, Database Management, Project Management, UI Design, SQL, JavaScript, UX Design

The Tech Academy Reviews

The Tech Academy logo

4.83/5 (318 reviews)

Marie T

9/17/2015

Overall

"Computer Basics was a perfect course to start off my software developer journey."

It feels like having this basic knowledge of computers and the related lexicon helps build legitimacy to a programmer. Learning the inter-workings of a computer was demystifying. It helped me have a better understanding of programming since there are... Read More

I plan to build on the foundation that was established in this course by keeping what I learned in mind when creating programs and to continue learning more in depth on the subjects we covered. In my careers, I have always enjoyed taking a whole-systems approach when planning projects or approaching problem solving. Having gained this information about the computer basics, I feel better equipped to take this into account when encountering situations or learning new material in my new career in the tech world.

Carlin

9/17/2015

Overall

"I just completed the Tech Acad's Python course"

As the final step of this Practical exercise, write an essay describing your project and anything you learned during it and turn this in to your Instructor.

I found that i have near godlike powers now! But seriously, i learned that almost anything you... Read More

What are some of the uses you will put Python to as a software developer? Seems like i would use it for more internal stuff to improve workflow for a company or myself, or to make native apps. Although, i have seen some really cool web dev frameworks for python that i can't wait to get into.

What did you gain from taking this course? A ton of knowledge about python and an intro to making native applications. The practice in this course was among the first to really get me thinking about solving problems from a programmers frame of reference. I can tell that, although i am still a beginner and the road ahead looks very long indeed, i am light-years ahead of where i was before i started the python course.

Brett
Graduated: 2014

9/16/2015

"AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

There's a reason that The Tech Academy has a 100% job placement rate. Actually, there are a ton of reasons! If you really want to learn what you need to get a job in this industry, this is the place!!!

Morgan P.
Graduated: 2014

9/15/2015

Overall

"Learned a ton and had fun!"

I went through The Tech Academy right when it was first starting as a bootcamp. Even at that early stage I thought the curriculum was comprehensive and had the right balance of actual coding combined with studying about coding. I would definitely recommend... Read More

Daniel J Condon

9/14/2015

"I love this school."

I've been studying at the Tech Academy for the last few weeks. I've found that the curriculum is very simple and straight-forward. The different definitions and terms are defined by the school, in a way that anyone can understand. You don't already have... Read More

Scott J.

Overall

"The Tech Academy ""delivered"" far more than what I expected when I first arrived."

The TECH Academy is an outstanding program for people like me who are changing careers and need a quick start into the software development field. If you are devoted to that course of action and diligent about your time, you can pass through the coursework... Read More

Toward the end of your studies, you'll want to avail yourself of the job placement course materials, as well as the helpful advice of the job placement manager. It takes a lot of persistent effort to find a job, and you need a thick skin to ignore the many folks who will turn you down. However, all of that will be soon forgotten after you land an excellent job. I actually received three job offers and had a difficult time choosing among them. The offer I selected far exceeds my wildest hopes. This was possible because I consistently impressed folks during the technical aptitude portion of various interviews--and this was possible because of the excellent teaching materials I received. The Tech Academy ""delivered"" far more than what I expected when I first arrived.

Rocky

Overall

"I was very excited to see that the Tech Academy starts the program with a computer basics course like this."

When I talk to developers at work, I often find that they start in the middle of an explanation and assume that everyone knows certain “basics”, which is not true. It was great to pick up several things in this course that I did not know before, and to... Read More

Although I am staying in the tech world, I am basically changing my career into one of software development, and this program is the first step. I think the transition would be much more difficult without a course like this that starts with some basics. I am very grateful to have gotten this basic information to work from, rather than jumping right into coding and assuming that students know all of these computer basics. It is one of the key factors that led me to enroll in the academy.

Z Ober

Overall

"I just graduated and got a job as a Data Analyst"

What makes the Tech Academy great is their focus on two fundamentals of any job in tech: 1) Having an understanding of how computers work on a big picture level and how that relates to programming and software development. 2) Having the ability to work... Read More

I recently got a job as a data analyst for a start-up and know that I would not have got the job had I not enrolled in the Tech Academy. Enroll in the Tech Academy and within a few months you will have separated yourself from other candidates for a job by learning how to code, and most importantly learning how to solve problems.

Sylvia

"Ahhh Javascript! :)"

Before taking the course, I had a limited amount of familiarity with Javascript and its syntax. I feel like I gained a lot of practical knowledge about the jQuery library from taking this Javascript course. I really enjoyed going through the hands on... Read More

Brook

Overall

"The Tech Academy bested an accredited online school"

I had taken a 200-level Introduction to Database Systems course from an accredited online school not too long ago. The course was 8-weeks-long and covered some design-related material without getting into too much scripting. Prior to taking the Tech Academy’s... Read More

As a dB developer, the primary job will involve not ever losing any data and turning it all into useful information. Learning Microsoft’s dB management system is extremely valuable since a good percentage of businesses use Microsoft’s systems to run most of their operation. Learning scripting that works alongside SQL would be the next step to make this into a holistic knowledge base.

Since I actually would eventually like to work as a database designer or manager, learning more SQL scripting and different management systems is going to be key (no pun intended). I am probably going to visit and revisit this information fairly regularly so that I don’t lose it from lack of use. The information that I’ve learned from this course is definitely a good starting point in the career, doing some fairly basic-level work. It will be up to me to learn more and master the skill.