The Tech Academy

Best Bootcamp

Ranked 2022 Best Bootcamp

About The Tech Academy

Location: Online, Portland

The Tech Academy offers full and part-time boot camps that can be studied online from anywhere in the world. There are no set start dates or study schedules – students can enroll anytime and study on their own schedule. None of The Tech Academy's bootcamps... Read More

Students study at their own speed with Tech Academy Instructors available to help when needed. Instructors review code and assist in debugging. The Tech Academy programs bring about well rounded, entry-level technology professionals that are ready to enter, or even re-enter, the tech industry.

The Tech Academy offers eleven boot camp tracks:
8. Game Developer Boot Camp
9. Mobile App Developer Boot Camp
10. JavaScript Developer Boot Camp
11. UI/UX Designer Boot Camp

Every program starts with computer science basics, which is meant to take away the mystery behind technology and lay the foundation on which the rest of the curriculum is built. Students then learn multiple programming languages and skills needed to be a successful developer.

At the end of their program, students participate in a live project and receive job placement training. The live project gives students the opportunity to work on a real-world software development project that they can add to their resume. The job placement training teaches them how to build a technical resume, best networking and interview practices, and all the skills needed to have the best chance at getting a good job in technology.

Graduates from The Tech Academy are trained in several in-demand programming languages and are set up for a long-lasting, successful career in technology. Enrollment is open now so you can start today!

Self-Paced UI/UX Designer Boot Camp

Cost: $2,800
Duration: 28 weeks
Locations: Online

Our self-paced boot camps offer a more affordable option for students. They are called “self-paced” because students complete their studies without Instructor interaction – students can automatically complete studies on their own.

The Self-Paced UI/UX Designer Boot Camp was created for people who not only want to learn to code, but who want to create aesthetically pleasing and easy-to-use programs and websites. Graduates of this boot camp are full-stack web and software developers, who are also trained in design. This boot camp covers several programming languages, including front end and back end development. Once the student is trained in basic coding, they move into creating sleek user interfaces with a user-friendly experience.

Benefits of the Self-Paced UI/UX Designer Boot Camp:
-600 hours of study content and activities.
-Covers full-stack, front-end and back-end web and software development.

Courses included in the Self-Paced UI/UX Designer Boot Camp:
7. UI/UX Designer Course
8. Project Management Course
9. Job Placement Course

Subjects:
CSS, HTML, Database Management, Project Management, UI Design, SQL, JavaScript, UX Design

The Tech Academy Reviews

The Tech Academy logo

4.83/5 (319 reviews)

Tim
Graduated: 2015

9/6/2015

"Wonderful decision"

I decided to come to the Tech Academy specifically because of the foundation that it builds. It doesn't seem like anyone else out there is paying as much attention to building a solid foundation as the Tech Academy is.
I am now an employed developer.

Matt

4/29/2015

Overall

"I highly recommend The Tech Academy"

I had been out of the computer science field for 9 years. My family was at the point that I needed to change jobs and make more money. Going back to traditional schooling didn't make sense. We could not afford it and to put it on a loan would be moving... Read More

NJ

4/29/2015

Overall

"I got exactly what I wanted out of this experience and I couldn't recommend it enough..."

"Ever since I was young, I always had a fascination with computers and software. It started with a Visual Basic game programming book I picked up at the store when I was 10, and just spiraled out of control from there. I read everything I could get my... Read More

This past year when college wasn't quite working out for me, I decided to pack up, and move from Atlanta to Portland in early January. I started at the Tech Academy as soon as I arrived. I knew I had the skills to break into the industry, but with my partial college background, and limited formal experience, I felt like I could benefit from the training and connections at The Tech Academy.

One of the things I really enjoyed most about The Tech Academy was the self paced learning structure. I consume information quickly, and when I throw myself at something, it kind of consumes my life. I threw myself at the program for up to 10 hours a day, almost every day of the week, living and breathing code. I came into the office as often as I could, and just worked until I either felt like I'd hit a roadblock and needed some time to think, or felt like passing out. If you're going to be going through this program, I recommend you take the same approach.

I've never really dived too far into .NET, there's a lot of information regarding the framework, and it's tough to pick a place to start. But the way information was presented made it easy to digest, especially for an experienced developer like myself. I got a much better grasp on databases, ASP.NET, LINQ, agile development fundamentals, GIT, and even python. I graduated with an MTA certification, and a lot of the holes in my self training over the years were filled. As a developer, I'm much more confident today than I was just two short months ago.

I quickly jumped into a few live projects a few weeks after starting, which consisted of live development work on paid projects. These projects directly related to the job I ended up getting at a company specializing in data acquisition and web services. When I described the skills I used on these projects in my interview with the company, they were extremely impressed that someone as young as me had worked with the specific technologies and skills used to complete these live projects.

If you're a self motivated individual that truly has a passion for software, with tons or little to no experience, and you're looking to pad your developer skills, I cannot recommend The Tech Academy enough. Just a few weeks ago I was a transplant in Portland, with no connections, no job, no plans, nothing. Now, I've got a 60k a year job with full benefits, working at an amazing company, in a beautiful office in downtown Portland, with the latest technologies as a junior software developer. I got exactly what I wanted out of this experience,and I couldn't recommend it enough to anyone looking to follow a similar path."

Anonymous

Overall

"Very positive experience, learned a lot"

Really nice staff at The Tech Academy, very caring and hard working individuals. What I loved most about the program was how broad it was. I felt I got a really good grasp of a lot of the different fundamentals of programming. It was great to go through... Read More

Neil T.

Overall

"Overall, I am happy with my experience at the school and feel that I have a strong foundation of knowledge and skills that will benefit me throughout my career in the software industry."

Studying at The Tech Academy was a great experience, and was a big key in reaching my goals of learning a lot about software development, understanding object oriented programming, and landing a job at an awesome software company in Portland. I began... Read More

The curriculum was very comprehensive and I liked that it covered complicated concepts like object oriented programming and databases, and wasn't limited to just learning a handful of simpler Web-based languages. I liked that I was challenged frequently, and was often stuck, but help was always available when I couldn't figure something out. I found the C# drills to be particularly challenging, and helped me the most when I went to take the MTA exam. When I first walked into the school, there's no way I could have passed the exam. Taking the exam and answering the questions correctly made me realize how much I've learned over the past few months. Overall, I am happy with my experience at the school and feel that I have a strong foundation of knowledge and skills that will benefit me throughout my career in the software industry.

Johnny Reaser

Overall

"I can't recommend The Tech Academy enough."

I have 17 years of Software Quality Experience and was faced with a career path that had changed dramatically after I became gainfully unemployed. The need to be familiar with code had changed to actually having to be able to code. Automation had taken... Read More

Robert Ault

Overall

"The Tech Academy has put together a concise efficient program that guides students to an impressive level of functioning right out of the gate."

I came to The Tech Academy already a software engineer. It's been a few years since I've used C# and .Net and wanted some refresher on Microsoft technologies. I also found the coursework covered areas other boot camps don't. During my time there I got... Read More

The first course reminded me what software's roots are. It's easy to get caught up in the latest language or framework, but it's all underpinned with binary. Those fundamentals are important as languages and frameworks continue to abstract away the mechanics of computation. Each course at The Tech Academy builds on concepts from the previous in a way that guides students in a soup-to-nuts path. Where the landscape of learning software is broad and meandering, The Tech Academy has put together a concise efficient program that guides students to an impressive level of functioning right out of the gate. I'd like to say thank you to everyone at The Tech Academy for being who you are, great people, with great vision and continued success.

Daniel H.

Overall

"I would highly recommend the Tech Academy to anyone seeking quick entry into software development."

Before coming to the Tech Academy I had been trying for the past year to change career fields from engineering to the tech industry. I had some programming knowledge, and was able to get a few interviews, but my skills were never quite strong enough to... Read More

Anonymous

3/3/2015

"Exceeded my expectations"

Simply put, I went from very little knowledge of coding to being a skilled developer in a few months. The staff were friendly and helpful and I landed a great job immediately after I completed this program. Definitely the best code school I've found (I... Read More