Thinkful

Courses: Data Analytics Flex, Data Analytics Immersion, Data Science Flex, Data Science Immersion, Digital Marketing Flex, Digital Marketing Immersion, Engineering Flex Program, +6 more.
Engineering Immersion, Product Management Flex, Technical Project Management Flex, Technical Project Management Immersion, UX/UI Design Immersion, UX/UI Flex

Online,

About Thinkful

Thinkful teaches students how to become equipped for the world's next workforce with fast paced, job-ready programs in software engineering, data science, data analytics, and design. Students learn cutting-edge industry standards and work 1-on-1 with... Read More

Thinkful's Engineering and Data Science Immersion programs, Engineering Flex, Engineering Nights & Weekends, Data Science Flex, Product Design Flex, and Data Analytics Flex programs have unprecedented levels of support, with weekly 1-on-1 mentorship, 40+ hours of Q&A sessions, and a bustling Slack community of mentors and fellow students.

The Engineering and Data Science Immersion programs are among the most in-depth and rigorous available. With five full months of expert instruction, team project building, and career prep, the course sets the standard for immersive programs. If you graduate but are not hired as a developer or data scientist within six months, Thinkful refunds 100% of your tuition.

With Thinkful, you'll gain guidance from an active community, attend online office hours and offline local community meetups, while using various tools and resources to help you change your career.

Data Analytics Flex

Locations: Online

The Data Analytics program combines an in-depth, project-based approach with two 1-on-1 sessions every week with a professional Data Analyst. This program is built to help those with no prior experience in data or technology land their first full time job as a data analyst - at a flexible pace and without having to quit your current job! You'll work side-by-side with a professional data analyst to learn statistics, analysis and experiment design, how to work with visualizations in Tableau, a thorough understanding of Excel, SQL and Python. You’ll also have the option to meet in person with fellow students and mentors to share ideas and work through problems.

Subjects: MySQL, Python, Data Analytics, SQL, Data Visualization

Data Analytics Immersion

• Cost: $12,250 - $12,250
Locations: Online

A rigorous and structured full-time program built to get you a job as a data analyst. Benefit from instructor-led learning, a virtual classroom environment, 1-on-1 mentorship, and a robust support team.

Data Science Flex

• Cost: $7,000 - $7,000
Locations: Online

A flexible, online data science course aimed at helping you launch a career. One-on-one mentorship, professional guidance, and a robust community network are on hand to help you succeed in this highly advanced profession.

Subjects: Data Science

Data Science Immersion

• Cost: $7,990 - $7,990
Locations: Online

The Data Science program combines an in-depth, project-based approach with two 1-on-1 sessions every week with a top data scientist. This program is built to land beginners their first full time job as a data scientist - at a flexible pace and without having to quit your current job! You'll work side-by-side with a professional data scientist to learn Analysis and experiment design, Predictive modeling, classification techniques, or customer types via unsupervised learning. You’ll also have the option to meet in person with fellow students and mentors at regular meetups to share ideas and work through problems.

Digital Marketing Flex

Locations: Online

Learn the technical skills needed to build an audience, create a brand, and drive sales. Study with a flexible, online schedule, a personal mentor, and peer groups. Professional career coaches guide you with networking advice and personalized resume tips to help secure a high-income marketing role.

Subjects: Digital Marketing

Digital Marketing Immersion

• Cost: $7,500 - $7,500
Locations: Online

The fastest way to launch your marketing career. Create campaigns and analyze results as you learn relevant, up-to-date technical skills. Showcase your knowledge with an interview-ready portfolio that stands out and earns job offers. Enroll now, and pay nothing until you’ve graduated and landed a job.

Engineering Flex Program

• Cost: $7,000 - $7,000
Locations: Online

The Engineering Flex program was designed for students whose schedules vary week to week or for those who can’t commit to regular class times in the evening. The program is flexible, allowing you to set your own schedule to fit your life. By dedicating 20-30 hours a week, you can be ready for a new job and graduate in six months. The program is on your own time but you have to be committed to make it work.

The course teaches students web development fundamentals such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript as well as advanced skills in Node.js, React, data structures and algorithms. Students will build full stack JavaScript applications and come out with strong portfolios. Before graduation, students will conduct mock interviews and polish their resumes, Linkedin and Github profiled with insight from career coaches. Thinkful programs are backed by a tuition reimbursement guarantee - if you don’t get a job within six months of graduating, we’ll refund your tuition.

Engineering Immersion

• Cost: $16,000 - $16,000
Locations: Online

Thinkful’s Engineering Immersion program is designed for people to immerse themselves into web development and get hired as fast as possible. The pace pushes students to become hirable web developers in five months and requires 50-60 hours of effort per week. The fully online program features constant support, as students interact daily with their classmates, instructors, and mentors. Each student will have a dedicated mentor, who they’ll meet with 1-on-1 for half an hour multiple times per week.

The course teaches students web development fundamentals such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript as well as advanced skills in Node.js, React, data structures and algorithms. Students will build full stack JavaScript applications, learn to collaborate in teams, and come out with strong portfolios. Before graduation, students will conduct 5 mock interviews and polish their resumes, Linkedin and Github profiled with insight from career coaches. This program offers an income shared agreement - you won't have to pay tuition until you're hired and earning an income above $40,000/year.

Product Management Flex

Locations: Online

A flexible, online product management course built to help you launch a new, high-paying career. Partner one-on-one with mentors, work on real-world projects, and benefit from ongoing career support.

Subjects: Product Mgmt

Technical Project Management Flex

Locations: Online

Break into tech as a project manager. Learn how to plan, schedule, and budget in a business setting while developing the leadership skills for long-term career growth. A flexible format that works around your schedule, with industry mentors and career support until you’re hired.

Thinkful Reviews

Overall

4.62/5

11/29/2020
  • Yusuf Alp | Software Engineer
  • Engineering Flex Program
  • Graduated: 2020

"Support I needed, pace I asked, curriculum I wanted"

I choose Thinkful because of several reasons. One reason was that I was looking to learn to React as the framework in their curriculum and this program was one of them. And then learning about Node, Express, and Postgresql was amazing. I also liked to... Read More

11/11/2020
  • India Doria | Student
  • Engineering Immersion
  • Graduated: 2020

"Poorly organized, minimal to non-existent support"

Pros - payment flexibility and stipend.
Cons - pretty much everything else. Not much assistance is available, the course is poorly laid out, and if you want to actually succeed you’ll need to learn elsewhere. The cohorts are now 50+ people due to an influx... Read More

I wouldn’t recommend this program to anyone; you’re likely better off taking a variety of the free courses available to people online.

11/8/2020
  • Data Science Immersion

"Course"

Feels like a demanding job rather than a helpful school. Presentations could be more mentor based. Feedback from graders varies. Not comfortable. Started off alright but then went downhill near the beginning of the course. We'll see how it goes by end... Read More

10/28/2020
  • Anonymous | UX Designer
  • UX/UI Design Immersion

"Disorganized and Frustrating"

This program is seriously lacking in clarity and organization. There are no specific rubrics or syllabus. The mentors, academic success managers, and instructors all have access to different information and have a hard time conveying the assignments.... Read More

7/31/2020
  • Data Analytics Flex

"worst coding bootcamp"

I finished the Thinkful Data Analyst course in January, but I did not get a job and have been denied a refund by my career coach. The course did not help me to get responses from data jobs. I applied for more than 500 data jobs, exceeding the 10 jobs... Read More

7/23/2020
  • Data Science Flex
  • Graduated: 2020

"The tuition guarantee is really disappointing"

I have recently graduated from Thinkful data science program and got positive reviews from all their Mock Interviews. I have followed everything they required, but was not able to land a job. They did not refund the tuition as they promised. Do not trust... Read More

7/17/2020
  • Kateryna Rozhko | Co-founder
  • Digital Marketing Immersion
  • Graduated: 2020

"Thinkful was one of the best investments I ever made!"

Today, I graduated from Thinkful Digital Marketing Immersion Course. It was a challenging 2 months, brushing up my skills and building up my portfolio.

Joining a bootcamp was one the best investments I ever made. The education they give you is practical... Read More

6/12/2020
  • Annie Yang
  • Data Analytics Flex
  • Graduated: 2020

"Great Community and Program!"

Prior to the program, I had work experience with Excel and a little bit of experience studying SQL and Python. I really wanted to move my career in a more technical direction, but didn't know how to start. I had a little bit of exposure to Data Analytics,... Read More

I found it through a Google search and what drew me in the most was their tuition guarantee for a job. I am so glad that I found and finished this program. I was able to get hands-on experience in Excel, SQL, Tableau and Python and feel more confident with my data analysis and presentation skills. The program is very well-structured with an organized curriciulum. My Academic Success Manager was always quick to reply back to all my questions about the course. My current mentor is also very encouraging and offers amazing insights on real world application. I loved the Slack community, especially the technical coaches - they were so nice and always made sure my questions were thoroughly answered. While anything nowadays can be learned online, I feel like doing a bootcamp is better because of the certification and doing projects that are relevant that has been reviewed by someone who can give feedback is so important. I'll be moving on to the career phase of this program and I'm impressed so far about the resources they provide!

5/28/2020
  • Engineering Immersion
  • Graduated: 2020

"Thinkful is a low-risk loan office with a 70% interest rate. This is not a school."

So bear with me for a few minutes as I go through this. Thinkful is a glorified loan company that offers a sub-par program as a guise for their ridiculously high-interest loans. I was interested in the engineering immersion class, with the ISA and stipend.... Read More

I have 8 years experience in LPC, which is a dead language now and a sub-branch of C. I had never even looked at HTML, CSS, or JS before I started the prep course. I went through the entire prep course in 4 days and knocked it out of the park. Their timeline is a little over 3 weeks. I was done and approved before I ever spoke to my mentor for the first time. My first call from admissions was rescheduled by email 5 minutes after the call was supposed to come through. When I did finally receive the call a week later, I could tell immediately I was talking to a salesman, not an admissions officer. He did little more than send me what he called as an application, but it was simply a a permission form for a credit check. Nothing more.

It's notable to mention that up to this point, after having finished the prep course so easily and so quickly, both my mentor and this saleman were very eager to extol all the wonderful things about Thinkful and kept alluding to the prep course being some sort of os scholastic-type test for potential students, and also to make sure all students started with the same basic knowledge. This was utter horse crap all around, but I'll get into the curriculum itself momentarily. After having hyped me up about how great they are and making me think my performance on the prep course actually mattered, they denied me the ISA and stipend both within 24 hours.

Your eligibility is based solely on that credit score and current employment. Nothing else. NOTHING. Leaving me wondering why the hell I was given any work to do at all before they ran my credit score. I busted my butt and excelled in every way, even with the poor materials they provide. In reality, the ISA is nothing more than a $16,000 loan, and the stipend is just adding $7,500 to that loan, bringing the total loan up to $23,500. If you couldn't go out to a bank and get a loan for this amount, you won't qualify for the ISA or the stipend. The payback price is $40,000 at 25% of your gross income for 4 years or until paid. That's close to double, and any bank could do better.

I received a call from my salesman again within 15 minutes of being denied, urging me to apply for the 6 month course instead of the 5 month with stipend, which still costs 16k and takes even longer, and I would still have not been eligible for. Jobless, almost no credit history, no debt to speak of. I don't even own one single credit card. I've always lived with what I have and never borrowed. When I tried to just tell this guy to forget it, he started in with the sales pitch again, and when I didn't bite he actually accused me of trying to just scam the school out of the $7500 stipend. As if that was a lot of a money and even worth the hit to my already crappy credit score. He was quite rude once he realized I wasn't going to take anything less than what I signed up for, or I was going elsewhere. When I tried to find an avenue of complaint over his behavior, I met nothing but dead ends. I emailed the one link in my course material that goes to someone vaguely official and got no reply.

So if you thought ISA was some kind of helpful service you end up paying out the butt for, you're wrong. There is zero interest in your ability, aptitude, or state of need. This company would rather have a double digit IQ and high credit score than a potentially amazing coder with a low credit score. There is zero interest in helping you, only in putting you in debt. I also got the impression that if I simply paid the 16k up front and didn't owe them anything, I would be placed at the very bottom of the list on helping me find a job after the course. Since there is no certification of any kind given after the course is complete, you would be out 16k with nothing but a few simple projects to show for it, while Thinkful steadily places all the graduates who owe them 40k into a job.

The curriculum was no better. The three week course covers what would amount to your first two classes in a tech school. It is stressed up front that an actual programmer knows how to find the information they need without help from outside resources. Which is totally true, except in this case it's a way of covering their repeated mistakes in code and the various pieces of misinformation you are given. I'll give a few examples.

In the demo on assigning multiple classes to one element, they create a class called "bold" in the CSS, and then use "heavy", which is undefined, in the HTML, making the demo worthless. The examples don't show properly. The video and instructions on how to properly publish a web page on Github are incorrect and result in a fail. You are plainly shown wrong instructions and neglected being told that your repo name has to be created in a specific way or the site can't find the files. This was huge for me, because this isn't even coding, and it's a necessary step in completing your final assignment. Then, on the final assignment, if you place the CSS normalization link in the head that they literally recommend you use, it causes the test to fail and have to be resubmitted. The link is good, the grading code is bad.

Those are just a few of the various mistakes and pieces of false info I found. And this is the PREP COURSE designed to draw people in. It's awful, and for the same price you can easily go to a technical institute for a degree and actual job placement help. This is a scam.

5/26/2020
  • Anonymous | Freelance Web Developer
  • Graduated: 2020

"Thinkful provided me with the confidence, knowledge (or ability to acquire the necessary skills) and support to work as a freelance web developer after only 3 months in the Engineering Flex Program."

I considered becoming a software engineer for 8 years and researched bootcamps for 1 year before selecting Thinkful. The greatest strength of the program for me was having an experienced mentor debugging with me, pair programming with me, and providing... Read More

I pivoted into tech after working in Property Management for four years. After completing three months of Thinkful's program, I was asked to consult for a small business and design and develop their website, and the best part is, I had the confidence to do so because Thinkful taught me to embrace the unknown and to approach challenges methodically with the belief that you will learn and solve for any problem that comes your way. Highly recommend if you are looking to learn a relevant stack, change your career, and/or build a great portfolio of projects.

Thinkful's average rating is 4.62 out of 5.0 based on 309 review(s).