Fullstack Academy

Online, NYC, Chicago, San Luis Obispo, +4 more.
Los Angeles, Baton Rouge, Jacksonville, San Diego
Best Bootcamp

Ranked 2022 Best Bootcamp

About Fullstack Academy

Location: Online, NYC, Chicago, San Luis Obispo, Los Angeles, Baton Rouge, Jacksonville, San Diego

Fullstack Academy is an immersive web development bootcamp with campuses in New York City, Chicago, and online.

Fullstack teaches an advanced, relevant curriculum that is constantly updated based on current tech trends. The course is focused on JavaScript-oriented... Read More

During the program, students will learn fundamentals, fullstack web development, best practices and tools, and the developer culture. Students will become comfortable and efficient using technologies that include JavaScript, HTML5, CSS3, Node.js, React, PostgreSQL, and Git. Students will also be exposed to industry practices including test-driven development and pair programming. They are also encouraged to expand their education with Fullstack’s CTO lecture series, which provides training for tech leadership and career development.

In addition to the full-time, 13-week program, it offers various courses to fit students’ needs, including a bootcamp prep course designed to help students pass rigorous bootcamp admissions (students can choose between month- and week-long courses), and a 26-week Flex immersive course that offers an opportunity to complete the rigorous Fullstack Immersive program over a six-month period while maintaining a full-time job.

Fullstack’s Bootcamp Prep will help prepare you for admissions into our prestigious flagship Software Engineering Immersive, Remote Immersive, and Flex Immersive programs. This rigorous course will also prepare you for admissions into other highly-ranked coding bootcamps. You’ll learn more than just the fundamentals of programming, you’ll learn how to solve real-world coding problems using the JavaScript language.

University of San Diego Cyber Bootcamp (Part-Time)

Cost: $11,910
Duration: 26 weeks
Locations: San Diego
In-person Only

Powered by Fullstack Academy, the University of San Diego Cyber Bootcamp is built to take students from cybersecurity novice to in-demand cybersecurity professional in just 26 weeks of part-time study. Located on USD’s campus in San Diego, this beginner-friendly program covers the most important techniques, tactics and tools for a lucrative cybersecurity career including networking essentials, Linux & Python, Command Line Input (CLI), pen testing methodology, vulnerability discovery, threat modelling, and preventing recon.

The immersive is powered by Fullstack Academy, one of the longest-running and most successful coding bootcamps in the nation. Its graduates are equipped to succeed in the professional world through Fullstack’s foundational teaching method which allows students to thrive in their first job and every job after. Bootcamp grads also gain the assistance of Fullstack’s dedicated career services team and leave as members of the USD-Fullstack community— a supportive alumni network that can help open doors to future career opportunities.

Web Development Fellowship at Fullstack Academy

Cost: Free
Duration: 24 weeks
Locations: NYC
In-person Only

In partnership with the NYC Tech Talent Pipeline, the NYC Web Development Fellowship will award eligible NYC residents tuition-free admission to Fullstack’s award-winning Software Engineering program. This curriculum has been proven successful—Fullstack graduates are now working at companies like Google, Venmo, Facebook, Amazon, and LinkedIn, as well as hundreds of innovative small- and mid-size tech companies. Learn more about the fellowship as well as eligibility requirements on the Fullstack website: https://www.fullstackacademy.com/nyc-fellowship

Subjects:

Andrew Scheuermann
Software Engineer at Zenefits | Graduated: 2014

9/28/2014

Overall

"Helped me land a dream job as an engineer!"

I really enjoyed my time at Fullstack Academy. It gave me the skillset and confidence to land a dream job at a growing startup! Here are my pro’s and con’s of my time at Fullstack.

Pros:
• David and Nimit are both amazing teachers. Their teaching styles... Read More

Cons:
• In my cohort we had one guest lecturer for a few days who was very knowledgeable but not a good teacher.
• Fullstack Academy is a newer school so their brand is limited, however those who have heard of it are usually very impressed.

Advice to Management:
• Be careful to maintain the integrity of the program as you grow: this’ll be hard but you can do it!
• Make sure that guest lecturers are knowledgeable and good teacher.

Adam Barcan

9/26/2014

Overall

"Incredibly demanding, worthwhile and fun"

I just finished the immersive 13 week MEAN stack web development program at Fullstack Academy of Code. Fullstack was the most challenging and satisfying professional experience of my life. Seriously. It was harder than a master's program in econ and much... Read More

If you genuinely love to code, and are willing to put in the work, I recommend Fullstack highly. Here's why:

** Build real apps. During the final six weeks, I built and deployed three fullstack apps - with database, server code and an interactive front-end based on Angular.Js or jQuery.

** Learn a timely language. Unlike many immersives, Fullstack teaches fullstack JavaScript. This was a big selling point for me and I see a very strong market for JavaScript developers.

** Amazing staff. The founders and instructors are not only expert coders, but also professionals who have founded startups and led teams at Yahoo and Gilt Groupe

** High attention to job skills. Expect to get grilled on algorithmic whiteboard problems, to refactor your Github and to learn to pursue actionable leads on coding jobs.

Sam Lau

9/26/2014

Overall

"How did I learn so much?"

Going through Fullstack was one of the most empowering and liberating experiences of my life—academic, professional, or otherwise. I’d never heard of a learning environment like this before, and I’d certainly never had the pleasure of being a part of... Read More

Anonymous

9/25/2014

Overall

"Best decesion I've made"

Having attended Fullstack's second cohort, 5 months later I couldn't be happier with my decision. Fullstack provided me with all the tools and experience I needed to change fields and quickly find a job that I love. The amount I was able to learn at Fullstack... Read More

As long as you willing to put in the work David, Nimit and the rest of the staff at Fullstack will do everything in there power to help you succeed. Fullstack provided me with the groundwork to easily pick up any new language or framework that I encounter with relative ease and adapt to the evolving need of my job. Even now staying in contact with them I know they will continue to be a valuable resource for me should I ever need anything.

Tara Lerias
Software Engineer at Sport195 | Graduated: 2014

9/25/2014

Overall

"Best Decision Ever Made!"

I was in the Fullstack Spring 2014 class and it was the best decision I've ever made in my life. Web development has always been something that has interested me, so I decided to quit my job to go to a bootcamp. I applied to quite a few bootcamps but... Read More

Anonymous
Front End Engineer | Graduated: 2014

8/24/2014

"Bomb Digs"

Attending Fullstack was definitely a life-changing experience. Just one month after graduating, I was able to secure a seat on a rocket ship. I basically have my dream job.

Pros:
- YC backed. 2Legit.
- Fullstack JavaScript definitely helps you stand out... Read More

Cons:
- Job support was a bit lacking. The companies that attended Hiring Day didn't seem to be very well vetted (a lot of one person companies and wantrepreneurs looking to take advantage of engineers).
- Not as well known as the other bootcamps (yet).