Hack Reactor

Courses: Hack Reactor Remote + Blockchain, Part Time Software Engineering Immersive, Software Engineering Immersive, Software Engineering Premium Prep

Online, Boulder, Denver, Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Los Angeles, NYC

About Hack Reactor

Founded in 2012, Hack Reactor is a 12-week immersive coding school providing software engineering education, career placement services, and a lifelong network of professional peers. Hack Reactor has campuses in San Francisco, Austin, Los Angeles, and... Read More

Job Outcomes

Not Employed 18%
Unemployed and still seeking a job 18%
Unemployed and not seeking a job 4%
Non-reporting 1%

This bootcamp uses the CIRR methodology. All CIRR members use a standardized, one-page format. To ensure complete accuracy, CIRR reports account for each enrolled student. You can compare outcomes with other CIRR members side-by-side. Learn more about CIRR.

Hack Reactor Remote + Blockchain

Locations: Online

Blockchain technology is revolutionizing how everyday digital transactions are managed. Think BITCOIN. It's changing the face of software development and has the potential to disrupt countless industries in the very near future.

Hack Reactor has incorporated Blockchain curriculum exclusively in their online coding bootcamp (Hack Reactor Remote) cohorts to empower our student programmers upfront, on the heels of this emerging technology. This program takes the time-tested curriculum and transformative experience of our campus-based immersive, and makes it accessible to students all across the world.

The program is built by top engineers and is offered in a 12 weeks full-time or 9 months part-time format. By joining Hack Reactor for this course, you can be among the new generation of successful job seekers to master Blockchain and add this competence to your skillset.

Subjects: Cryptocurrency, Blockchain and Crypto, Blockchain, JavaScript

Part Time Software Engineering Immersive

Locations: Online

The Hack Reactor at Galvanize immersive coding bootcamp is focused on building autonomous, fully capable software engineers. The Remote Part-Time program offers the same curriculum, program and quality as Hack Reactor's immersive programs, but provides greater flexibility. The first half of the course is often described as “drinking from a firehose” because of how much information it packs in. In the second half, you use your new skills to build projects, while learning new technologies on the fly.

Students will learn the fundamentals of CS, Full Stack JavaScript, Inheritance Patterns, Algorithms, Browser Animation, D3, Angular, API frameworks, CSS frameworks, JS frameworks, Deployment and Authentication, Application Design/Development, and Job Searching skills.
By the end you will be an autonomous engineer, capable of tackling unique, unfamiliar problems and building complex applications.

Subjects: CSS, Git, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Software Test Automation, AJAX, Functional Programming, MVC, Test-Driven Development (TDD), React.js, Algorithms, AngularJS, Node.js, Express.js, JavaScript

Software Engineering Immersive

• Cost: $17,980
Locations: Online, Boulder, Denver, Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Los Angeles, NYC

The Hack Reactor at Galvanize immersive coding bootcamp is focused on building autonomous, fully capable software engineers. Every unit in our curriculum has been pored over numerous times to optimize for educational power and efficiency. The first half of the course is often described as “drinking from a firehose” because of how much information it packs in. In the second half, you use your new skills to build projects, while learning new technologies on the fly.

During the program, you will learn the fundamentals of CS, Full Stack JavaScript, Inheritance Patterns, Algorithms, Browser Animation, D3, Angular, API frameworks, CSS frameworks, JS frameworks, Deployment and Authentication, Application Design/Development, and Job Searching skills - and more!

Galvanize Career Services Managers will prepare you for your post-graduation job search. From leading in-class workshops to holding private study hours, our managers will help you establish career goals and continually monitor your progress throughout the program. The career prep curriculum teaches personal branding, networking, job searching, and interviewing skills.

By the end of the course, you can expect to have a strong, unique Github portfolio, online profiles, and a resume that reflects your value in the job market as an autonomous engineer capable of tackling unique, unfamiliar problems and building complex applications. Post-graduation, you’ll receive ongoing support from Hack Reactor at Galvanize after graduation, including access to career meetups, daily GitHub pushes and employer referrals.

Software Engineering Premium Prep

• Cost: $250
Locations: Online

Our Premium Prep program is designed to transform participants from beginners to having mastery of basic JS fundamentals and crucial skills needed by anyone learning to code. The program includes over 100 hours of live supported learning in a 100% ONLINE group setting using various online tools to connect with staff and peers. The cost of Premium Prep can be applied as a credit towards tuition for any participants who join any Hack Reactor at Galvanize Software Engineering Immersive program.

Hack Reactor also offers free basic prep and a mentored prep option, which you can learn more about here: https://www.hackreactor.com/prep-programs.

Subjects: JavaScript

Hack Reactor Reviews

Overall

4.77/5

1/4/2021
  • Francis Perez

"Simply worth it!"

This program really changed my life not only by giving me the confidence to be a fullstack software engineer, but more importantly gave me the confidence to learn any new technology or language. This program focuses on building autonomous fullstack engineers... Read More

12/18/2020
  • Shaquon T Kelley | Software Engineer
  • Graduated: 2020

"Best decision I've made in a long time"

I went to Hack Reactor with my mind set on the prize. I knew it would be hard but nothing could have prepared me for the rigor of this course. There were times where I thought I couldn't make it but I pulled through and learned so much on the way. From... Read More

12/9/2020
  • Michael Taylor | Web Developer
  • Graduated: 2020

"Fantastic immersive that exceeded expectations every step of the way."

I spent a few months preparing in order to get into Hack Reactor, starting in January. I got accepted and started the precourse in April and the full-time remote course in May. I graduated in August and had accepted a job by September. In less than a... Read More

The course itself is very impressive and I found my expectations being exceeded at every step of the way. Their teaching approach is very hands-off a majority of the time but is handled expertly. They know what they are doing and have a good reason for it. You will come out of this course a very self-sufficient learner which is valuable in this industry. I would say that some of the best value that Hack Reactor brings is in its curriculum. It will push and teach you a lot while giving you the projects to put on your resume to help land you that job. Which brings me to one of the best parts of this course, the career services. They will provide you all the resources you need in order to be successful after you graduate. If you do what they advise it is only a matter of time before you land a job with your newly developed skills. Then there is the Alumni community which will continue to provide you value long after you graduate.

Overall this is an amazing immersive program and I am so thankful for all the staff that has helped me along the way!

12/7/2020
  • Matthew Conrad | Senior Software Engineer
  • Graduated: 2015

"One of my best decisions (still, 5 years out)"

Before Hack Reactor, I'd gone to some great schools for undergrad and grad school, but Hack Reactor provided some of the best instruction I've received and placed me among some of the smartest, most engaged classmates I've known. I loved my time there... Read More

I was impressed by how quickly my classmates and I found jobs--within a month or two. It's amazing to think about how much Hack Reactor was an inflection point in my life, when I learned to put together all of the things that fascinated me. That 3-month period and the tuition are easily some of the best investments I've made in myself--and this is after going to an ivy league school for undergrad and a top-14 law school. Learning to program takes a lot of self-guided study, but Hack Reactor taught me how to find what I needed in order to get started. I'm very grateful to the Hack Reactor program and its inspiring, energetic, and tight-knit community that stays with you after you graduate.

12/4/2020
  • Michael Stringer

"Amazing Program"

The support structure and environment provided was truly amazing. The level of care and investment in the students that the instructors and leads have was far beyond anything that I was expecting from the program. The program is fast pace and requires... Read More

11/30/2020
  • Anonymous | Senior Software Engineer
  • Graduated: 2015

"If I could do it again, I would!"

Hack Reactor was an exhausting but wonderful three months. I really enjoyed the semi-structured aspect of the sprints (first half) and being able to dig deeper into the things that were interesting to me. The pairing was useful as well - I frequently... Read More

I found the interview prep that occurred throughout the program to be well aligned to interviews that I experienced in the job search. While Hack Reactor didn't teach me everything I needed to know to do my eventual job, it provided great foundational knowledge that I was able to use to learn other things, and in a shorter timeframe than I would have been able to do all by myself. The things I use most today (5 years later!) are the deep dive into JS internals and the debugging process. Instructors were super smart and were great at breaking down concepts. I'd happily take more courses from Marcus or Fred in the future. The career search staff was energetic and invested in our success, and while most of the staff from my cohort are no longer with the company, Marlene (who does alumni job support) is awesome - no-nonsense, caring, and focused. Overall, if I could go back and time and do it again, I would.

11/14/2020
  • Shanan Sussman | Staff Software Engineer
  • Graduated: 2015

"One of the best decisions I've made"

For context, I graduated in 2015 and I realize the school, curriculum, and even the industry have changed since then.

Hack Reactor radically shifted the entire trajectory of my life in the most positive way. I was able to go from being a "failed" artist... Read More

I had expected the program to be challenging, but honestly, nothing prepared me for how much of a whirlwind of work it would be. It was easily the most challenging educational endeavor i'd ever taken on. While it easily pushed me to my limits, being surrounded by equally motivated, driven, and enjoyable cohort-mates helped me tackle the challenges presented by the curriculum.

More importantly, the ongoing career support through the Alumni program, facilitated by the one and only Marlene, has been an absolute game changer that continues to pay dividends all these years later. Marlene isn't just one of the most caring and compassionate people I know, she has more experience helping people prepare and secure jobs than anyone I have ever met. Every question, concern, and anxiety that surrounds the job search are deftly answered by her and often with suggestions of entirely different approaches I never would have imagined on my own.

Hack Reactor gave me an opportunity and a career I would have never imagined for myself and I will forever be indebted to the program for what it provided me.

• Anonymous | Software Engineer
  • Graduated: 2015

"The best educational experience I have ever had"

I graduated from Hack Reactor in 2015, and have since then worked at startups (Planet and Patreon), tech giants (Google), and even started my own company (Babylon House), and I can say with no reservations: Hack Reactor is the best of the best. The instruction... Read More

• Andrew Johnson | Frontend Engineer
  • Graduated: 2018

"2018 Hack Reactor San Francisco"

I attended HR in 2018 at their SF campus. It was an experience for sure. I did not come from a CS background but had some experience doing QA at a small web dev shop. I will say that if you can / are willing to put in the time, Hack Reactor will support... Read More

At least when you're in person, the additional resources after you complete HR are incredibly noteworthy. At the SF campus, I could schedule mock interviews with other students and instructors, talk to career coaches, and get inspired to keep pushing as many of my cohortmates were also searching out of the base of operations that was located at the galvanize campus.

I will not lie and say that it is easy. Sure it'll be easier for some, but not so much for others. I am others. I spent the next six months after graduating, juggling work and a job search in a foreign and expensive city with no contacts other than classmates. And I ended up finding work not in SF. It was a draining process. But I have to say it was worth it in the end once I'd finally accomplished what I'd set out to do.

Enter 2020, I lost my first job to a reorganization and was back on the search in the middle of the pandemic. There is a whole network of people that I was able to contact via a HR alumni's slack group and an extremely talented alumni career coach that put me in touch with some alumni for interviews. When I finally was in the final stages of my negotiations with another company that same career coach gave excellent advice on how to properly negotiate for what I needed from my new employer.

All in all, I think it's a worthwhile investment, but by no means is it a guarantee of success in a particular amount of time.

• Anonymous | Frontend Software Engineer
  • Graduated: 2015

"If you put in 110% and try to absorb as much as you can, you'll likely succeed."

I attended Hack Reactor back in 2015. The time I had there was a blast. The curriculum was a pretty good mixture of practical learning, some CS fundamentals, and interview preparation. From what I hear, the curriculum has kept pace with the direction... Read More

Hack Reactor's average rating is 4.77 out of 5.0 based on 251 review(s).