Product Gym

Courses: Product Management

Online, San Francisco, NYC

About Product Gym

Product Gym is an exclusive membership community for aspiring Product Managers with multiple networking, career acceleration, and coaching development channels, all designed to help our members and contribute to the Product Management community.

Product Management

• Cost: $6,000
Locations: Online, San Francisco, NYC

Product Gym is a 6 week - Product Management Course designed to transition working professional into a product management career. The goal of Product Gym is to equip students with the necessary tools to make informed decisions about the day to day working schedule as a PM. At the end of this course, students will be able to confidently build a product roadmap and define the MVP, identify the key languages needed to build this software, and articulate a specific use case in their background that is relevant to product management.

Simply put, Product Management is fundamentally a mix of soft skills and technical skills where you will eventually sit at the intersection of all the stakeholder departments at your company. To be successful, you need a firm understanding of who those stakeholders are, what their role is, how product managers currently interact with them, and the level of domain knowledge you need to know about their role.

The best way to achieve this level of understanding is to hear directly from those stakeholders. Product Gym not only sources the best product managers as instructors, but also subject matter experts that will be your peer and counterparts in the companies you eventually work at.

Subjects: Product Mgmt

Product Gym Reviews

Overall

4.96/5

9/5/2018
  • Anonymous | PM
  • Graduated: 2018

"Best Coaches in the Business"

I want to give a big thanks to all the instructors and coaches at Product Gym that made this transition possible. Thank you for never giving up on me.

With Product Gym you can take their classes for up to 12 months and as a person that needs to understand... Read More

Hard
Technical Engineering
Product Design
Data Analytics

Soft
Product Marketing
Product Strategy
Cultural and Behavioral Fit

I needed to take the Hard Skills portion about 3 times. I didn’t need to, but I wanted to because they go out of their way to make sure you learn the fundamentals and the application portion of the business. The journey with Product Gym lasted 4 grueling months, but it was worth it. Seeing all the students land offers was also very inspiring for me.

My advice for all of you reading these reviews is to take the class, follow everything they tell you to do, and commit. Don’t try to understand every little thing, because you won’t. You have to interview! Don’t focus on being perfect, because you won’t be perfect either.

Good luck, hope you see some of you reading this review at an alumni event soon.

9/5/2018
  • Anonymous | Product Manager

"Above and Beyond!!!"

I will really want to take the time to thank Product Gym for everything they did for me. Transitioning to Product Management has been my dream for the past year and during this time I tried everything. Product Gym provided with the support I needed to... Read More

I want to thank Anthony Rudeen personally!!! He was a very big help in the process.

Product Gym takes all the anxiety associated with getting this job away, so I was able to focus my time on the right activities that matter. As some of you guys can relate, job hunting is a full time job on top of your full time job. Things can get stressful very quickly when you are running into setbacks and there is not clear strategy on how to move forward.

Product Gym helped me realized what activities were worth my time and took everything else off my plate. They helped me stay focus, get out of my own way, and get out of my head. Now, I have the job I wanted after landing 4 offers and I could not be happier. Even after landing the job, they are still in contact with me.

• Anonymous | PM with Block Chain Company
  • Graduated: 2018

"They helped me land my dream job at a block chain company"

Product Gym is fantastic! I took the Product School class prior to this course and can tell you with absolute confidence; this course is far superior in the follow ways:

First, Product Gym is a career focus rather than skills focus. I am glad that I was... Read More

Second, the coaching and mentor staff here is comprised of former recruiters

• Anonymous | Product Manager @ fintech
  • Graduated: 2018

"If you are interested in the RIGHT PM job; WORK WITH THESE PEOPLE !!!"

Product Gym stuck with me for 8 months before I ultimately landed a job through them. Their coaching is awesome. The coaching team here surgically breaks down the entire interview processes so you are not surprised what happens during the interview. My... Read More

• Anonymous | Product Owner
  • Graduated: 2018

"From Finance to Product Management with Love"

I really want to take the time to thank Product Gym for everything they have done for me. I took the PM course at Product School and I truly feel this course is far superior for the following reason; I landed a job. The entire coaching staff is extremely... Read More

For me I came a hedge fund and started my career off in banking before landing a product manager role at a finch company here. My biggest challenge was that I did not have a clear path to securing a position. Unlike Product School, Product Gym revamps your resume, linkedin, and cover letter as soon as you enroll. They help you generate interviews before your class starts, that way you actually come to class with questions about your interviews. Each class is structured around a particular interview category for that week such as:

Technical Engineering

Product Design

Data Analytics

Product Marketing

Product Strategy

Cultural / Behavioral

Product Gym not only had the answers to all the questions I encountered during my interviews; they bring top PMs and subject matter experts to help us refine our pitch. For example, their technical engineering interview questions are covered by a current lead software engineer from Google. The engineer walked us through all the questions from the perspective of other engineers that interview product managers.

This process took only 7 weeks from me, but I still get access to all the Product Gym classes for up to 12 months after I landed my job. I guess this was another major selling point for me; with Product School and General Assembly I am only able to take their classes for 8 or 10 weeks. At Product Gym I can access these classes for up to 12 months. This is the best $3,500 investment I have ever made.

They are helping me now even after I started my job.

Thanks Product Gym! I love my job and I recommend anybody that is struggling to make the transition to enroll with Product Gym.

8/11/2018
  • Thomas N
  • Graduated: 2018

"I got results with these guys"

These guys know exactly what it takes to get you a Product Manager Job. Resume, First Round, Second Round, Onsite, Negotiation – the guys that run this are recruiters and PMs. They know what you need to put on the resume, what you need to say on the calls,... Read More

I didn’t sign up for this course to get general product management knowledge. You can get that for free online and for much cheaper. Some of these reviews talk about other bootcamps, but I didn’t even both asking them because when I scheduled the call on product gym – they systematically broke down why the things I was doing didn’t work, what I needed to do, and a clear path to the next steps. This was a no brainer.

Only piece of feedback is to send the slides the instructors use to teach sooner. Your method works guys, I’m getting interviews. But I need to reference the info we learned in class before my interviews. Everything you guys are doing works so I know its hard to do across all these students

8/11/2018
  • John Z
  • Graduated: 2018

"Learning here will get you the job."

When I was trying to decide where to go to take a product management course, the first thing I did was look up the instructors. I looked at the General Assembly and I looked at Product School – their instructors were all from big, reputable companies.... Read More

I found Product Gym through an email and went to their event and learned that looking at the instructors isn’t going to help. These instructors aren’t going to help you or me get a job. They aren’t going to hire us. In fact, I learned that if you look at all the product manager jobs that are available, they are rarely the big companies that are hiring. Even if they are, its just one or two. The vast majority is roles at smaller companies. This was such a key insight that I signed up immediately

Its gems like these that you learn at Product Gym. They have PMs come and teach the class but they also have subject matter experts. You can’t learn product management in a silo and now, as a PM at a fintech company – I actually have to work with ppl that taught the class. A product marketer taught a class – I work with a product marketer now every day. Same with Data Scientist, Same with Designer.

Come to the class ready and hungry. Do not take this course if you are not ready to put in hours for your goal. There is nothing in the market that’s even close to what Product Gym knows for getting a job in Product Management.

7/30/2018
  • Anonymous | Student
  • Graduated: 2018

"PRODUCT GYM IS AWESOME!"

I began working as an Intern for Product Gym in June with the intention of moving into the Marketing arena. After being exposed to an overflow of Product Management content, I became super curious about learning how to transition into the field instead.... Read More

Overall, the courses definitely challenge you on how to think like a Product Manager and the information is easily digestible for those who have little to no experience such as myself. Lastly and most importantly, I love how passionate Rich is about this business. He genuinely wants to see us win and land the job of our dreams. He literally does everything in his power to make sure we go out there and crush these interviews; the numbers can show you better than I can tell you!

For those of you who are still undecided about taking the course or transitioning into Product Management in general, I highly recommend you read the Product Gym blog or even attend an event hosted by again, real Product Managers not retired ones. At the end of the day, nothing beats having that one-to-one interaction with Rich as he personally coaches you through the process! He really, really knows his stuff! I’m only half way through the course and my experience so far has been phenomenal.

7/28/2018
  • Laura M
  • Graduated: 2018

"This course will get you the job."

I am a H1B holder that had a VERY tight deadline to get a job and sponsorship before I had to leave the country. My background is in project management. I read every single review for every single school for Product management. I took Product School because... Read More

If you've read this far in the review, know that I went through every single review for these bootcamps when I took the course months ago. If i'm spending $4k, I need to be sure. Plus, I was on a deadline. Product School has no idea how to get you a job. Product GYM walks you through the resume, the keywords you need to put, what you need to prepare for, how you apply for jobs, when do you need to ask questions to the recruiters, what are the questions they ask. The two gentlemen that run product GYM - they want you to get a job. I asked my instructor at Product SCHOOL these questions - and they know nothing. He was a good instructor, but knew nothing about the job applications and the market.

I paid money to get the job. PG doesn't sugarcoat it. I got what I paid for, and even more. My only regret is not joining this course earlier. I lost so much time with the other course and had to make it up before I had to leave.

If you read this far my advice to you is dont just consider the reviews. Get on the phone with them and Ask them the real questions that matter. I got tricked by the reviews - I hope no one else does.

For Product Gym, I love you guys for giving me everything I needed...but I really hated all the work to apply. It worked out in the end but oh my god so much work...I'm glad I did this though...=)

One of the founders is very angry all the time? Maybe be nicer..haha

7/28/2018
  • James L
  • Graduated: 2018

"I can't believe there aren't more reviews for this course"

I have absolutely no clue why this school does not have more reviews. I guess it goes to show that the bootcamps that ACTUALLY WORK and will ACTUALLY GET YOU INTERVIEWS/JOBS are too busy doing the real work for their students, instead of having their... Read More

If you want a product management job - You need to go to this bootcamp. The guys that run this course are in the classroom EVERY WEEK WITH YOU.They are there with the instructors that teach the course, they review the instructors every week, they are responsive on slack and most of all - THEY ACTUALLY KNOW what you need to be taught to get that first interview, ace the second, and the third, etc.

I was looking at this course and Product School's. I joined Product GYM around the same time two other friends joined Product SCHOOL and GA. This course was cheaper (at that time) and I actually wanted to know from working professionals what product management was.

This course fundamentally changed my life. My two friends that took the other courses havent even gotten one phone call yet from a recruiter. 2 months after my course with Product GYM, I'm already a PM in NYC.

I can go on and on but in summary - if you want actual details on how to get the job and not just product management theory - this is the course for it.

...still don't know why there aren't amazing reviews for these guys. In my same class at Product Gym 4 other ppl landed PM jobs. NO ONE in my friends' classes got even one.

The only 'con' to this? Getting onboarded took a while - like details on where to find slides, feedback on some interviews, where to get some of the homework. But the people running this program are responsive and they are ramping up - they were there with me through til the end. I can't fault them when they are trying this hard for EVERY student.

Product Gym's average rating is 4.96 out of 5.0 based on 328 review(s).