Tech Elevator

Courses: .NET Coding Bootcamp, Java Coding Bootcamp

Online, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Detroit, Charlotte, +1 more.
Chicago.

About Tech Elevator

Tech Elevator offers a coding bootcamp dedicated to preparing students for a career as a software developer. Prospective students can choose to study Java or .NET and learn HTML, CSS, SQL, API, and JavaScript. The full-time, 14-week bootcamp runs Monday... Read More

Tech Elevator’s instruction is typically delivered both remotely and in person at campuses located in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Charlotte, Detroit, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. Tech Elevator also offers students beyond its core markets, and throughout North America, class options through its National Live Remote program.

In response to recommended COVID-19 health and safety measures, all market-based bootcamps are currently facilitated in a live remote environment.

Tech Elevator is excited to partner with the City of Charlotte to offer Charlotte residents whose careers were affected by COVID-19 and unemployed or underemployed full tuition in our 14 week program. This unique cohort kicks off November 30th and supports Charlotte residents getting back to work with in-demand skills they need for a career in tech.

Next steps for this limited program:

1- Take the Aptitude Test - No coding required! Test your aptitude to become a software developer.
2 - Apply - Select ‘City of Charlotte & Tech Impact Delaware' as your location.

Job Outcomes

Not Employed 12%
Unemployed and still seeking a job 12%
Unemployed and not seeking a job 0%
Non-reporting 0%

This bootcamp uses the CIRR methodology. All CIRR members use a standardized, one-page format. To ensure complete accuracy, CIRR reports account for each enrolled student. You can compare outcomes with other CIRR members side-by-side. Learn more about CIRR.

.NET Coding Bootcamp

• Cost: $15,500
Locations: Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia

By the time you graduate, you will be able to create dynamic, database-backed web applications using the Java or .NET platform. This will give you the foundational skills to hit the ground running as a junior web application developer.

Specific technologies you will learn include:

- Introduction to programming in Java or C#
- Serverside programming in Java or .NET
- Database programming in Java or .NET
- Java or .NET frameworks and design patterns
- Client side web programming (Javascript, JQuery, Bootstrap, Web services, XML, JSON)

In addition to learning coding skills, you will also develop important career skills through our Pathway Program™ helping to prepare for job interviews and connecting you to hiring companies.

Subjects: C#, CSS, HTML, jQuery, Java, SQL, JavaScript

Java Coding Bootcamp

• Cost: $15,500
Locations: Online, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Charlotte, Chicago

By the time you graduate, you will be able to create dynamic, database-backed web applications using the Java platform. This will give you the foundational skills to hit the ground running as a junior web application developer.

Specific technologies you will learn include:

- Introduction to programming in Java
- Serverside programming in Java
- Database programming in Java
- Java frameworks and design patterns

10/26 start date for Fall 2020

4.91/5

12/21/2020
  • Vincent Bucci

"Amazing Decision"

After coming from a few different careers the idea of starting a coding bootcamp seemed ridiculous to me. Being able to have a new career after 3 months seemed like the biggest scam to me but after meeting and talking with the faculty at Tech Elevator... Read More

• Matthew Ruiz
  • Graduated: 2020

".NET at Tech Elevator (AKA The Best Bootcamp!)"

As a graduate from Cohort 9 in the .NET course from Tech Elevator, I can officially say this was the best possible move I could have made. If you are reading this, you are probably simply researching, or more likely, on the fence about applying. I myself... Read More

• Nicholas Simmons | Software Developer

"Cincinnati Tech Elevator"

I fully recommend the Tech Elevator program in Cincinnati. I came in doubting my ability to keep up with the curriculum. The instructors are pros at teaching the principals and application of software development. I can confidently call myself a junior... Read More

• Ben Pilcher | Software Developer
  • Graduated: 2020

"The best choice I've ever made for my career!"

I can't say enough good things about Tech Elevator! I'm a fairly risk-averse person, so quitting my previous job and taking a chance on a full-time bootcamp was a huge decision. I had heard good things about Tech Elevator from previous students, and everything... Read More

One thing that sets this bootcamp apart from others is the Pathway career preparation program. I had no idea how to prepare for a career in tech, but the Pathway team guided me and, most importantly, provided direct access to employers looking to hire students like me. I officially graduate tomorrow and, thanks to Tech Elevator's employer matchmaking process, I have already accepted an amazing position as a full-time software developer at a major company in my area.

Finally, the people at Tech Elevator are its strongest asset. Throughout the 14-week program, all of the instructors and staff provided much-needed encouragement, ample academic support, and genuine enthusiasm and investment in our success as students. I recommend this program to anyone looking to "elevate" their career!

11/30/2020
  • Claire Kirby | Software Engineer
  • Graduated: 2020

"The program, the people, the experience, All Amazing."

This bootcamp worked for me.

And by 'worked' I mean I am now working as a software engineer, about to have my 90 day review at a company and job that I love and it has only been 7 months since I started the program. Only 3 months after graduating, I am... Read More

Prior to starting Tech Elevator, I had dabbled in HTML and CSS and tried to teach myself more but it never worked. However, going in Tech Elevator does not require you to have any coding experience. They start from the ground up and build the fundamentals you need to think like and become a developer. Starting with either Java or C#, you learn the core concepts of object oriented programing and then move on to databases, APIs and end with some experience in front end technologies.

Alongside the tech portion is the 'Pathway Program'. It is this side of TE (along with their excellent graduation and job placement rates) that originally drew me to this bootcamp. They have dedicated staff who help you craft your new tech forward resume, update your LinkedIn, and network with TE's hiring partners in your area. This help is INVAULABLE. You could be an amazing self taught programmer, but if you don’t know how to present yourself to possible employers you wont get very far.

Added to this the instructors are incredible. They are impressively knowledgeable, passionate, and have real industry experience. One of my teachers told us that he wouldn't let us graduate if he could see himself hiring us to his own development team. So while it could just be a 'factory' where they push you through like some bootcamps, they are truly dedicated to the end result of you being an employable and competent programmer.

But ultimately Tech Elevator is more than the sum of its parts. It becomes a community to help you through an intense program and into your career beyond. I built a network of peers and mentors that I know I can count on moving forward. My passion for this program makes me want to stay involved and mentor current students in turn and that is what makes Tech Elevator special.

All sentiment aside, if you are able to dedicate yourself full time to a 14 week intensive bootcamp, Tech Elevator can turn you into a developer and help you get that job. Their numbers speak for themselves.

11/20/2020
  • Jay Roever | Software Engineer
  • Graduated: 2020

"The best way to switch into a career in software development"

I really can't say enough good things about Tech Elevator. The staff are all amazing, wonderful people who work really hard to give students the best learning experience possible. Everyone from the teachers and TAs, to the Pathway directors, and the Administrative... Read More

I was in the summer 2020 cohort and due to Covid-19 all of our learning was done remotely over Zoom. While schools all over the country have struggled to adapt to this change, Tech Elevator hit it out of the ballpark on their first swing. We were required to be online, with our cameras on, for the entirety of lecture. This encouraged us to be more active participants to our learning and turned impersonal, faceless, Zoom calls into a much more enjoyable classroom-like experience.

The course material covers the full stack of web development from Vue front ends to SQL databases controlled by Java controllers. This is a 14-week boot camp and while they cannot teach you every single aspect of software development, they cram as much in as possible. You will be busy during your training, so plan for 60 hour weeks give or take depending on how quickly you understand the material. Be mindful too that you get out of the program what you put into it. The teachers can only teach so much; you will get more out of the program when you engage in lecture, ask questions, and do the readings before class. Its not uncommon to feel behind most of the time you are here. Our instructors reminded us to trust in the system and to forge ahead and looking back on my experience, they were right. The material builds on itself and you will become more comfortable with what you have learned over time. They were always encouraging and supportive during our tough times.

While their technical training is top-notch, what really made Tech Elevator even more valuable is their Pathway Program. Many of the students, including myself, come from blue collar careers and Pathway got our resumes, LinkedIn profiles, and elevator pitches polished and ready for the job hunt. They taught us how to interview for these roles and to know what to expect out of our careers. Many bootcamps out there can teach you how to write code, Tech Elevator will teach you how to get the job writing code. Their support after graduation in helping us find opportunities and connecting us with companies looking for workers was invaluable to my own job search.

I cannot recommend them enough for those looking to break into the tech industry or are looking to switch careers. It's a big leap that can feel daunting at times, but Tech Elevator will give you the ability to land on your feet with a better job than before with a brighter future ahead of you.

11/11/2020
  • Eli Collinson | Software Engineer
  • Graduated: 2020

"Maybe the best decision I've Ever Made"

I had heard about this program through a friend who was a huge advocate for them. I took the leap and could not be more ecstatic with the result. I have a background in education, and I was amazed by the caliber, knowledge, patience, and genuine warmth... Read More

10/27/2020
  • James Arnold | Senior Analyst
  • Graduated: 2020

"Tech Elevator will land you your dream job."

If you're looking for a boot camp to guide you into your new career in Software Development, there is none better than Tech Elevator. I chose Tech Elevator after seeing the CIRR report that provides complete transparency into their 95% graduation rate... Read More

10/27/2020
  • Tim E | Software Engineer

"Remote [0]"

Tech Elevator's fully remote program is incredibly accommodating, especially in these times of health concerns and increased social distancing. To ensure all students start with the necessary tools, Tech Elevator will send a laptop (and optional extra... Read More

Though the description says the program lasts 14 weeks, there are about 2 weeks of pre-work to complete before classes even begin. For those jumping in with no coding experience, significant time should be devoted to the pre-work.

The first 2-3 weeks of classes cover basic concepts of coding as well as basic syntax and logical methods. Again, it's important to note that for those with no prior coding experience, devote your time to the bootcamp and utilize your study groups. These first few weeks are intense -- they don't use the word "bootcamp" lightly; IT IS A BOOTCAMP. Trust that if you can make it through the first 2 weeks, you will have what it takes to make it through the whole program.

The Pathway Program (Tech Elevator's career program) is only as valuable as the effort put in. Your career coach will meet individually and review your resume, LinkedIn, and elevator pitch in depth, often highlighting and fleshing out details that make one stand out from the rest. There are also events in which hiring managers come to showcase their companies and students are put fact-to-face with recruiters. Because of these events, it's not uncommon for some students to receive an offer even before graduating the program. Again, it should be emphasized that this Pathway Program is only as valuable as the effort put in.

Finally, after graduation, alumni still receive career support for up to six months to land that first coding job. Personally, it was about 10 days after graduation until I received my first offer.

To sum up, Tech Elevator is for those looking for a career change in tech, can afford the tuition, and most importantly, can afford to focus on classes/homework/projects full time for 16 weeks (including the 2 weeks of pre-work). It most definitely takes a lot of commitment, but if completed, the results are worth it.

10/19/2020
  • Elle R | Software Developer I
  • Graduated: 2020

"Learn More Than Just Coding"

I graduated from the summer 2020 Java cohort in August and had a great experience! My 14 weeks were fully remote due to COVID-19. While I was bummed to miss out on the in-person experience, I had no issues learning or interacting virtually with fellow... Read More

Tech Elevator's average rating is 4.91 out of 5.0 based on 172 review(s).