Tech Elevator

Courses: .NET Coding Bootcamp, Java Coding Bootcamp

Online, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Dallas, Detroit, +2 more.
Charlotte, Chicago.

About Tech Elevator

Tech Elevator offers a coding bootcamp dedicated to preparing students for a career as a software developer. Prospective students can choose to study Java or .NET and learn HTML, CSS, SQL, API, and JavaScript. The full-time, 14-week bootcamp runs Monday... Read More

Tech Elevator’s instruction is typically delivered both remotely and in person at campuses located in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Charlotte, Dallas, Detroit, and Chicago. Tech Elevator also offers students beyond its core markets, and throughout North America, class options through its National Live Remote program.

In response to recommended COVID-19 health and safety measures, all market-based bootcamps are currently facilitated in a live remote environment.

Job Outcomes

Not Employed 12%
Unemployed and still seeking a job 12%
Unemployed and not seeking a job 0%
Non-reporting 0%

This bootcamp uses the CIRR methodology. All CIRR members use a standardized, one-page format. To ensure complete accuracy, CIRR reports account for each enrolled student. You can compare outcomes with other CIRR members side-by-side. Learn more about CIRR.

.NET Coding Bootcamp

• Cost: $15,500
Locations: Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh

By the time you graduate, you will be able to create dynamic, database-backed web applications using the .NET platform. This will give you the foundational skills to hit the ground running as a junior web application developer.

Specific technologies you will learn include:
- Introduction to programming in Java or C#
- Server-side programming in Java or .NET
- Database programming in Java or .NET
- Java or .NET frameworks and design patterns
- Client side web programming (Javascript, JQuery, Bootstrap, Web services, XML, JSON)

In addition to learning coding skills, you will also develop important career skills through our Pathway Program™ helping to prepare you for job interviews and connecting you to hiring companies.

5/10 start date for Summer 2021
9/13 start date for Fall 2021

Subjects: C#, CSS, HTML, jQuery, SQL, JavaScript

Java Coding Bootcamp

• Cost: $15,500
Locations: Online, Philadelphia, Dallas, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Charlotte, Chicago

By the time you graduate, you will be able to create dynamic, database-backed web applications using the Java platform. This will give you the foundational skills to hit the ground running as a junior web application developer.

Specific technologies you will learn include:

- Introduction to programming in Java
- Serverside programming in Java
- Database programming in Java
- Java frameworks and design patterns

3/1 start date for Online Spring 2021

4.91/5

1/24/2016
  • Daniel
  • Graduated: 2015

"A great experience that led to a great new career."

As you go through life there are key moments that drastically change your course in life, and, for me, the decision to attend Tech Elevator was one of them. After more than fifteen years in retail I was treading water in a position that had become just... Read More

During the course, mornings were dedicated to lecture, and afternoons were dedicated to hands on coding exercises. This worked well for me because I find I retain knowledge best when I get to apply it, which in this case means writing code, and writing code is something we had ample opportunity to do. David, our instructor did a great job explaining the concepts and syntax of coding, and was always willing to answer questions before, during, or even after class in the evenings. We learned how to design and code Java web applications from start to finish, using the tools, frameworks, and processes that are in use in the field today. Overall it was a lot of work, I lived and breathed code for those three or so months, but it really prepared me to enter the workforce as a junior developer.

Another major component to the Tech Elevator course is the Pathway Program. This is a series of workshops and panels with industry insiders centered around giving you the skills you need to actually get a job using the coding skills you're learning. Coming from someone who had worked at the same company for 14 years and had little experience with interviewing and resume writing, this was invaluable to me. Practice interviews, resume building workshops, improving your Linked In profile, the whole team supports you from day one in getting you ready to land that first job. They even bring employers to the school so you can get that valuable in person connection. I felt like everyone wanted to see me succeed on a personal level and they were willing to go out of their way to help me make it happen.

Overall, I can say that I highly recommend Tech Elevator. As I mentioned, I had done some self study previously, but Tech Elevator offers benefits you can't get learning on your own. You get top notch technical training, from instructors with a ton of real world experience, and you get the support of a team dedicated to helping you start your new career. But the proof is in the pudding right? What was my outcome? Well, I accepted a job offer within a month of graduating with a starting salary that doubled what I made before the course, doing something that I truly have a passion for. Like I said, there are moments that change your course in life, and if you're looking to make a change, I'd say Tech Elevator is a great place to do it.

12/18/2015
  • Christopher
  • Graduated: 2015

"My experience at Tech Elevator (Java bootcamp)"

Overwhelmingly positive.

I've been working in import/export for several years and I wanted gain tech skills to open up new career paths. Tech Elevator's Java instructor, David, taught me daily for the duration of the course. He has such great career experience... Read More

The resume and interview workshops provided by Tech Elevator (to help students graduate into tech jobs) were extremely valuable, as was being introduced to Tech Elevator’s professional network of employers and recruiters- a massive plus point for studying at this school.

The school provides preparation study materials in the lead up to the course (very necessary as a lot is covered in the course), all textbooks and study material and new MacBook Air to use for the duration of the course. I made some great friends during the class whom I'll definitely stay in close touch with.

I am very happy to have done this course, I gained a mountain of new knowledge and a very valuable skill that is now opening doors for me - thank you to the team at Tech Elevator!

Tech Elevator's average rating is 4.91 out of 5.0 based on 182 review(s).