Tech Elevator

Courses: .NET Coding Bootcamp, Java Coding Bootcamp

Online, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Dallas, Detroit, +2 more.
Charlotte, Chicago.

About Tech Elevator

Tech Elevator offers a full stack coding bootcamp dedicated to preparing students from a variety of backgrounds for a career as a software developer. Prospective students can choose to study Java or .NET and learn HTML, CSS, SQL, API, and JavaScript.... Read More

Tech Elevator’s instruction is delivered both online and in person at campuses located in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Charlotte, Dallas, Detroit, and Chicago. Tech Elevator also offers students beyond its core markets, and throughout North America, class options through its National Live Remote program.

Tuition and payment options include financing through lending partners Sallie Mae and Ascent, workforce grant dollars, Represent Tech Scholarships, Veteran Benefits and an Income Share Agreement that allows students to pay back tuition once they land a job.

Job Outcomes

Not Employed 8%
Unemployed and still seeking a job 8%
Unemployed and not seeking a job 2%
Non-reporting 2%

This bootcamp uses the CIRR methodology. All CIRR members use a standardized, one-page format. To ensure complete accuracy, CIRR reports account for each enrolled student. You can compare outcomes with other CIRR members side-by-side. Learn more about CIRR.

.NET Coding Bootcamp

• Cost: $15,950
Locations: Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh

By the time you graduate, you will be able to create dynamic, database-backed web applications using the .NET platform. This will give you the foundational skills to hit the ground running as a junior web application developer.

Specific technologies you will learn include:
- Introduction to programming in Java or C#
- Server-side programming in Java or .NET
- Database programming in Java or .NET
- Java or .NET frameworks and design patterns
- Client side web programming (Javascript, JQuery, Bootstrap, Web services, XML, JSON)

In addition to learning coding skills, you will also develop important career skills through our Pathway Program™ helping to prepare you for job interviews and connecting you to hiring companies.

5/10 start date for Summer 2021
9/13 start date for Fall 2021

Subjects: C#, CSS, HTML, jQuery, SQL, JavaScript

Java Coding Bootcamp

• Cost: $15,950
Locations: Online, Philadelphia, Dallas, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Charlotte, Chicago

By the time you graduate, you will be able to create dynamic, database-backed web applications using the Java platform. This will give you the foundational skills to hit the ground running as a junior web application developer.

Specific technologies you will learn include:

- Introduction to programming in Java
- Serverside programming in Java
- Database programming in Java
- Java frameworks and design patterns

3/1 start date for Online Spring 2021

4.92/5

3/11/2016
  • Elizabeth
  • Graduated: 2015

"Changed my life in just 4 months."

Before attending Tech Elevator I was working part-time in retail and playing music on the side. Though I didn't have a background in coding, I was into computers and technology. Once I heard about Tech Elevator, I started looking into programming and... Read More

The first 4 weeks were intense, but our instructor David was very helpful. He was understanding and patient with the students. We learned everything to develop a full-stack web application from scratch. I learned so much in 14 weeks and felt a great sense of accomplishment when we graduated.

After graduating, I had several interviews lined up and felt confident going into them. It wasn’t long before I had an offer from several companies. The Pathways program was helpful in preparing us for our career change.

Tech Elevator made a major impact on my career and I couldn't be more happy with the experience. If you're on the fence about going, check out one of the student open houses and get a sense of what it's like.

2/3/2016
  • Jim

"An amazing journey"

Prior to the class I had some experience building websites, and troubleshooting any computer and network difficulties. I had always had the desire to learn how to program, but I found it difficult to learn online, and the personal investment to attend... Read More

The opportunities I have available to me know seem endless. I can choose from nearly any industry, anywhere in the world to continue my career. As I progress in my career and continue to hone my skills, I look forward to seeing the opportunities that are sure to present themselves

The Pathway Program Tech Elevator provided us gave me great insight into the field and prepared me amazingly well in finding a beginning to my new career. The ability to hear from and ask questions to leading professionals in the Cleveland area, allowed me to understand what exactly I was getting myself into and how I could accomplish my goal. The value of a proper LinkedIn profile was aptly demonstrated and I was assisted in properly designing my own. Many different industry professionals continually critiqued my resume as I progressed through the course allowing me to state my abilities clearly and concisely. I found that the mock interviews were the most helpful process in guiding me to understand the questions that would be asked of me, and allow me to answer them properly.

1/24/2016
  • Daniel
  • Graduated: 2015

"A great experience that led to a great new career."

As you go through life there are key moments that drastically change your course in life, and, for me, the decision to attend Tech Elevator was one of them. After more than fifteen years in retail I was treading water in a position that had become just... Read More

During the course, mornings were dedicated to lecture, and afternoons were dedicated to hands on coding exercises. This worked well for me because I find I retain knowledge best when I get to apply it, which in this case means writing code, and writing code is something we had ample opportunity to do. David, our instructor did a great job explaining the concepts and syntax of coding, and was always willing to answer questions before, during, or even after class in the evenings. We learned how to design and code Java web applications from start to finish, using the tools, frameworks, and processes that are in use in the field today. Overall it was a lot of work, I lived and breathed code for those three or so months, but it really prepared me to enter the workforce as a junior developer.

Another major component to the Tech Elevator course is the Pathway Program. This is a series of workshops and panels with industry insiders centered around giving you the skills you need to actually get a job using the coding skills you're learning. Coming from someone who had worked at the same company for 14 years and had little experience with interviewing and resume writing, this was invaluable to me. Practice interviews, resume building workshops, improving your Linked In profile, the whole team supports you from day one in getting you ready to land that first job. They even bring employers to the school so you can get that valuable in person connection. I felt like everyone wanted to see me succeed on a personal level and they were willing to go out of their way to help me make it happen.

Overall, I can say that I highly recommend Tech Elevator. As I mentioned, I had done some self study previously, but Tech Elevator offers benefits you can't get learning on your own. You get top notch technical training, from instructors with a ton of real world experience, and you get the support of a team dedicated to helping you start your new career. But the proof is in the pudding right? What was my outcome? Well, I accepted a job offer within a month of graduating with a starting salary that doubled what I made before the course, doing something that I truly have a passion for. Like I said, there are moments that change your course in life, and if you're looking to make a change, I'd say Tech Elevator is a great place to do it.

12/18/2015
  • Christopher
  • Graduated: 2015

"My experience at Tech Elevator (Java bootcamp)"

Overwhelmingly positive.

I've been working in import/export for several years and I wanted gain tech skills to open up new career paths. Tech Elevator's Java instructor, David, taught me daily for the duration of the course. He has such great career experience... Read More

The resume and interview workshops provided by Tech Elevator (to help students graduate into tech jobs) were extremely valuable, as was being introduced to Tech Elevator’s professional network of employers and recruiters- a massive plus point for studying at this school.

The school provides preparation study materials in the lead up to the course (very necessary as a lot is covered in the course), all textbooks and study material and new MacBook Air to use for the duration of the course. I made some great friends during the class whom I'll definitely stay in close touch with.

I am very happy to have done this course, I gained a mountain of new knowledge and a very valuable skill that is now opening doors for me - thank you to the team at Tech Elevator!

Tech Elevator's average rating is 4.92 out of 5.0 based on 194 review(s).