Over this 5-month course, you'll acquire the skills you need to become an excellent QA Engineer. As a QA Engineer student, you'll have the opportunity to work on five real, industry-level projects including a web site, mobile application, database, and API - all specially written for the program to mimic popular apps. These projects will allow you to gain valuable experience working with bugs, preparing you for success in the industry. You will also have the chance to try to crash the applications, write bug reports, and automate testing to ensure that all products meet quality standards.
Project topics include:
- Web Application Testing: Attempt to crash the Urban Routes application, find interface bugs, and write bug reports in Jira.
- API Testing: Work with the Urban Grocers API to ensure proper connection between backend and frontend.
- Databases Testing: Test the API with Postman, understand REST architecture, JSON, and HTTP request and response structure to ensure correct functioning with the database.
- Mobile Testing: Use the Android Studio emulator to try and crash the Urban Grocers application.
- Testing Automation: Automate test writing with Routes and Selenium to ensure continuous improvement in GitHub.
In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, add professional-level projects to your portfolio, and get a chance to receive recommendations for LinkedIn
Practicum bootcamp stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed.
You will get:
- A comprehensive curriculum covering both hard and soft skills
Each course is capped by an independent project, and at the end of the program, you'll complete a project incorporating everything you've studied.
Project submission deadlines will come every two to three weeks. To keep up, you should be prepared to devote about 20 hours per week to your studies.
- Tutor support and code reviews
Practicum’s tutors work in leading tech companies, so they understand the industry and its best practices like the back of their hands. They make regular group video calls with students. And you can always ask for one-on-one meetings if you need help on a project or are seeking career advice.
A professional QA engineer will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices.
- Career Prep course and Career Acceleration program
Students will have the opportunity to enroll in our free Career Prep course and Career Acceleration program. Participants will learn how to write a standout resume and a cover letter, create LinkedIn and GitHub profiles, make a professional portfolio, and other employment pro tips. There are one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. We stay in touch during the first two months of employment, to make sure you are confident in your new position.
More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone. We stay in touch during the first two months of employment, to make sure you are confident in your new position.
Upfront cost: $4,900