General Assembly

Courses: Software Engineering Immersive, Software Engineering Immersive - Flex, User Experience Design Immersive, Data Science Immersive, Data Analytics, Data Science Part Time, Digital Marketing, +6 more.
Front-End Web Development, Product Management, Python Programming, React Development, User Experience Design Part Time, Visual Design

Online, Austin, Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, London, Los Angeles, Dallas, +24 more.
Melbourne, NYC, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Sydney, Detroit, Houston, Minneapolis, Raleigh, Paris, Toronto, St. Louis, Nashville, Charlotte, Brisbane, Adelaide, Edinburgh, Manchester, Washington D.C., Denver, Singapore, Salt Lake City, Phoenix.

About General Assembly

General Assembly is creating a global community of individuals empowered to pursue work they love, by offering full-time immersive programs, long-form courses, and classes and workshops on the most relevant skills of the 21st century. General Assembly... Read More

Established in early 2011 as an innovative community in New York City for entrepreneurs and startup companies, General Assembly is an educational institution that transforms thinkers into creators through education in technology, business and design at over 25 campuses across four continents.

The 2018-2019 student outcomes and demographics, including graduation rates and job placement data, is reviewed by the KPMG accounting firm and can be found at: https://generalassemb.ly/blog/outcomes-report-2018-2019/.

2018-2019 OUTCOMES DATA FOR FULL-TIME PROGRAMS

Full-Time Seekers 2,497 -
• Placement Within 180 Days of Graduation 2,283 - 91.4%
• Placement More Than 180 Days After Graduation 206 - 8.3%
• No Placement as of This Report 8 - 0.3%
Total Placement Rate (Of total placement rate 98.3% are full-time outcomes, 1.7% are part-time outcomes) - 99.7%

Extended Seekers 155 -
• Placement Within 365 Days of Graduation 133 - 85.8%
• Placement More Than 365 Days After Graduation 5 - 3.2%
• No Placement as of This Report 17 - 11.0%
Extended Seeker Placement Rate Of total placement rate 87.0% are full-time outcomes, 13.0% are part-time outcomes - 89.0%

Graduates Who Do Not Participate to Completion 1,032 -
• Return to Active Duty 3 - 0.1%
Overall Nonparticipant % - 28.0%

React Development

• Cost: $3,950
Locations: Online, Detroit, Houston, Minneapolis, Raleigh, Paris, Boston, NYC, Los Angeles, San Francisco, St. Louis, Nashville, Charlotte, Brisbane, Adelaide, Edinburgh, Manchester, Salt Lake City, Toronto, London, Singapore, Melbourne, Sydney, Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle, Washington D.C.

Expand your JavaScript programming skills, and boost your profile at work — and on the job market. Learn to build sophisticated, scalable web applications.

User Experience Design Part Time

• Cost: $3,950
Locations: Online, St. Louis, Nashville, Charlotte, Brisbane, Adelaide, Edinburgh, Manchester, Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, NYC, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Toronto, Washington D.C., London, Paris, Singapore, Melbourne, Sydney

Translate user wants and needs into intuitive digital experiences that power revenue, loyalty, and product success. Build confidence and credibility to tackle complex design problems on the job.

Visual Design

• Cost: $2,800
Locations: Online, Dallas, NYC, Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, London, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, San Diego, Washington D.C., Detroit, Houston, Minneapolis, Raleigh, Paris, Denver, St. Louis, Nashville, Charlotte, Brisbane, Adelaide, Edinburgh, Manchester, Salt Lake City, Toronto, Singapore, Melbourne, Sydney, Phoenix

Gain the vocabulary and tools to tackle diverse design challenges on the job. Kickstart your portfolio and create beautiful, responsive designs for the web.

General Assembly Reviews

Overall

4.28/5

6/29/2014
  • Abby Howell | Software Developer at Cengage Learning
  • Software Engineering Immersive
  • Graduated: 2013

"From 2nd grade teacher to full-stack web developer"

My experience at General Assembly's Web Development Immersive was life-changing. After I got laid-off from my job teaching public school last year, I decided to take a leap and pursue my interest in computer programming. I researched programs and chose... Read More

I learned so much during my twelve weeks there, and afterward I and all of my classmates managed to find entry-level jobs and internships as web developers. My friends who grew up coding were incredulous at how much we were able to learn in twelve weeks, but I really did learn enough to find full-time work in the field, and I've continued to learn more every day on the job, and I'm now contributing to a great software team, writing code and fixing bugs, and loving my work every day.

The teachers were great and devoted, and the organization gives them a lot of support for becoming better teachers, and in general everyone there was incredibly receptive to feedback and working on improving the program every day. It seems like a lot of money until you compare it to a semester at college, or think about the amount of time it would take you to learn this stuff on your own (if you ever could - I tried to teach myself before I got to WDI, but there were so many things that I really just couldn't have learned on my own, so many layers of technology and complexity - the gulf between playing around on codeacademy to actually building web apps is absolutely enormous.

In the six months since I finished my course at WDI, three of my friends have signed up to follow in my footsteps there. I can't think of any other decision I've made that had such a profound and empowering effect on my life.

6/15/2014

"What you get out of the program really depends on your own place in life and what you want out of it."

What you get out of the program really depends on your own place in life and what you want out of it. It is not a magic job placement program. There is a lot of independent learning as the curriculum and instructional methods still need a lot of polish.... Read More

• Thomas Berry

"The bitmaker program provides opportunities and supports learning but the student needs to committee time, energy and absolute focus."

Personally I had a great experience at Bitmakers. I was in the first cohort and I learnt a great deal about creating web applications with Rails. I was lucky when graduating I had a few job opportunities spring up. Overall, its up to the student to learn.... Read More

• Ryan Racioppo

"Bitmaker is the best way to motivate and accelerate your desire to learn to code, and should be viewed as such rather than a free ride to a dream job"

I was in the 3rd cohort and have had a successful and exciting experience post-bitmaker. I got hired by a great company, but left to pursue my own business which was actually just a continuation of my final project. Before applying you must understand... Read More

12/19/2013
  • Vivien S.

"NULL"

I'm surprised by the reviews below. My experience with GA has been extremely positive. I took the back-end web development class (BEWD). My instructor was Gil and my TA was Justin, both were incredibly helpful inside and outside of class. I really bonded... Read More

Read for more at yelp.com

General Assembly's average rating is 4.28 out of 5.0 based on 945 review(s).

Compare Similar Bootcamps

Frequently Asked Questions

What financing options are offered by General Assembly?

General Assembly offers many financing options, such as Scholarships, Income Share Agreements, Loan Financing, Deffered Payment, Upfront Payments, and 6 Month Deferred loans.

What courses are offered at General Assembly?

There are many courses you can take at General Assembly. These include Software Engineering Immersive, Software Engineering Immersive - Flex, User Experience Design Immersive, Data Science Immersive, Data Analytics, Data Science Part Time, Digital Marketing, +6 more. Front-End Web Development, Product Management, Python Programming, React Development, User Experience Design Part Time, and Visual Design.

What types of programs are offered at General Assembly?

General Assembly has Full-Time and Part-Time programs for students that can be taken online or in-person.

In these programs, students can learn from and take advantage of one-on-one/group meetings with career coaches, access to exclusive networking opportunities, and more.

What are the job outcomes for General Assembly?

After graduation, 91.90% of alumni find a job.

General Assembly alumni work at various tech companies, such as Microsoft, Google, Visa, L'Oréal, and more.

What is the application process at General Assembly like?

Prospective students will need to submit an online form in order to apply to General Assembly.